• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on the DVC Lounge

Duchie

"Answers are the easy part, questions raise the do
Just back from a week-stay at BWV for the F&WF. We were able to visit the DVC lounge every day and I have to say we really enjoyed it. We loved being able to take a 30-minute break without having to walk all the way back to the resort. The lounge is comfy and the AC was delightful!! The free drinks were a nice touch, but really just having a place to unwind away from the crowd was worth it.

We met someone there who mentioned that this is only a temporary thing. I sure hope not because it is really a nice perk.

We went today. It is really nice.

The front desk cms said that if you like it and want to keep it, write to members@disneyvacationclub.com

It would be awesome to keep it.

I still remember the passholder lounges at the land and at ak (pizzafari?) from years back. It is always nice to have a spot to stop.

We met someone there who mentioned that this is only a temporary thing. I sure hope not because it is really a nice perk.
I was announced as part of the 25th anniversary celebration. I was always under the impression that it would only be open this year.

I've been to Epcot six times since the lounge opened, but we've never had the opportunity to visit the lounge.

I visited the lounge this week and I thought it was very nice to unwind for a little while. I hope it is permanent.

I was, however, very disappointed that the 'snack lady' had just left (we saw her leave) and never returned in the 30 minutes we were there. I questioned someone at the desk and they said she does leave every half hour or so but returns 'about a half hour later'.

I think the snacks should be set up permanently, possibly with someone simply overseeing. Even though we really didn't even care if we got snacks, I thought it was kinda tacky that not everyone had the opportunity if they so desired.

We found it a bit busy in July. So much so it didn't really feel like you were getting out of the hustle and bustle of the part, you were just changing locations :(

We liked it too, and hope they will keep it longer than the 25th anniversary! It was cool sitting inside the glass pyramid :)

We thought the same thing - in the entire week we were there we only saw snacks out once.

We enjoyed using the lounge three times so far. We were there for the snack cart twice. I would like to see it stay!

It may be around more than this year, but I would consider that entire section of Epcot to be "temporary." It is almost certain to become a construction zone once Pandora is done, and HS is closer to opening either Toy Story or Star Wars.

Someone has to pay for the lounge, might be DVD, might be our dues. Question is the benefit worth the expense?

:earsboy: Bill

It might be. Our dues have to pay for something, and whenever the members want a benefit, someone questions the use of our dues. Frankly, it would be nice to have something we could directly benefit from. We haven't visited the Epcot lounge yet (another 10 days) but I suspect we'll like it. Maybe not, though-then I'll agree with you.

If post 4/4 resale buyers are excluded, can DVD use annual dues to pay for the lounge??

LAX

Good question, but we will never know. If DVD is funding the lounge, it's being used as a selling point for direct buyers and a reward for existing owners who are allowed to use it. Question is, how many use it, and will it continue.

:earsboy: Bill

The lounge is a nice perk, but if it wasn't there no biggy. We went twice when we were there, the second time we just missed the cart, so no snacks. But really it to me was just a quiet place to sit.
The first time we went, did not know the procedure. Came off figment and saw the stair going up, did not even see the desk at the bottom. Walked right up, no one asking for ID, I had it. But wondering how many others were able to do this. Second time we did check in at the desk. And then checked out up top like I was in school again.lol

If post 4/4 resale buyers are excluded, can DVD use annual dues to pay for the lounge??

LAX
No. I am not a lawyer, but it stands to reason that if annual dues fund something all members must have the OPPORTUNITY to benefit from it.

AFAIK, DVD is paying for the lounge. DVD is the developer and does not (or should not) have access to DVC member dues. DVCMC is the management company that runs DVC (the club).

We (adults and kids alike) enjoyed it during our one Epcot day in August.

A nice thing about the lounge is it's a perk all (eligible) DVC members can take advantage of no matter when they travel to WDW ... unlike some of the other events (Beach Bash, Merry Mixer, etc.).

A nice thing about the lounge is it's a perk all (eligible) DVC members can take advantage of no matter when they travel to WDW ... unlike some of the other events (Beach Bash, Merry Mixer, etc.).

Very true!

Last edited by a moderator:
We ventured to the DVC Lounge and the Chase Lounge this trip - both great perks. My daughter has a 7 month old and used it as a Feeding area.

Got the free drinks in the DVC Member Lounge - never saw the snacks. The IPAD's were cool.

I spoke with two CM's asking them if it will last past this year?:

• The check-in guy said: "I think they should - we get 1000 to 1500 folks a day. Plus, they are sending over perspective buyers for a free treat!"
  • The girl at the front desk said: "Almost all of us work the DVC phones or back-office and work here once a week. It is so cool to meet our end clients.
Seems like a win / win to me? Those DVC CM's can sell more then the silly Kiosks - IMHO.

Good question, but we will never know. If DVD is funding the lounge, it's being used as a selling point for direct buyers and a reward for existing owners who are allowed to use it. Question is, how many use it, and will it continue.

My vote is to retain it! If you go the dues route I am not certain it would add much per member.

If they asked for a daily / weekly / yearly membership I again do not think it would be too expensive! In my prior post I mentioned that I was told there were 1K to 1.5K members daily. I would easily pay $5 per head / per day to get in.

Have no problem with DVC comping entrance to perspective buyers.

Add a QS menu and now you are set. A nice place to shut down and relax at lunch or dinner.

I would hope they may have to add one to other parks as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter