Thoughts on T-Mobile vs. Verizon??

We switched from Verizon to T Mobile almost 3 years ago now, we live in the Tampa area, and had a lot of calls dropped on Verizon, both at home and in the offices. T Mobile has excellent coverage in our area, especially in Tampa proper. We live kinda in the sticks, so nobody has great coverage, and we do get coverage in our neighborhood, but usually not once we get on our street. However, we do get wifi calling so in our house it is a non issue as well. I work in a flour mill, and got no signal inside with Verizon, but usually have a couple bars on Tmobile plus the ability for wifi calling there too. We did recently travel cross country by car, and stayed in a rural town in Iowa, we had zero signal where we were staying, only when we went into the Omaha metro, but once we got there, we had 4g again. We would never switch back to Verizon now, TMobile rates are better (4 smart phones, unlimited everything for $160 per month), and we have had very good customer service with Tmobile, vs very BAD service with Verizon people. I do have Verizon for my home phone/internet/tv service, but we won't ever go back to them for wireless!

If it matters to you..... we have T-Mobile and their coverage is awful at WDW. It's fine in our home town, but any time we go to WDW we have trouble.

You might not have a contract, but if you add the price of phones to your bill, it sort of acts like a contract because if you leave you have to front the balance of what is due on the phones.

The last phone falls off our bill this year and then I plan to evaluate all of our options again. I'm tired of paying full cost for phones.

Surprised to hear this, we also have tmobile and have never had a problem at WDW for calling or texting, used to have limited access to data, but now we just hook to the wifi if we need to.

If it matters to you..... we have T-Mobile and their coverage is awful at WDW. It's fine in our home town, but any time we go to WDW we have trouble.
You might not have a contract, but if you add the price of phones to your bill, it sort of acts like a contract because if you leave you have to front the balance of what is due on the phones.

The last phone falls off our bill this year and then I plan to evaluate all of our options again. I'm tired of paying full cost for phones.

We also have T-Mobile and coverage at WDW is fine.

We also have T-Mobile and coverage at WDW is fine.

That's encouraging. Maybe things have gotten better since our last trip in December 2012. Or maybe some resorts have better coverage than others. I know for example here at home my service works great in our house, but not at my mom's house.

We never really try to use it in the parks, just at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter