• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on selling collection off?

mattinparadise

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking about getting rid of a lot of our Disney collection. I just takes up too much room. Thoughts?

Depends a lot on what the collection consists of and how large is it.

If you tried to sell the entire collection off at once you would never get much money. Most people who are collectors consider "the chase" for items the important part, and are looking for specific items.

It would be exceedingly unusual to sell any compolete collection at a decent price.

I, too, am downsizing. We have several HTF pins, but a bunch of regular pins as well. As far as selling, is ebay pretty much the only/best venue at this point? I haven't needed to buy/sell pins in a LONG time. Thanks!

eBay is good but there are a lot of scrapper sellers on eBay. Another option is Craig's List.

If either of you have any of the Countdown to the Millennium pins please let me know via PM, my DBF only needs like 5 or 6 to finish his set. :) I would also be interested in Tinkerbell or Maleficent pins......

OP, I share your pain. We use to collect everything Disney. I've been selling alot of my collections on ebay for about 6 months. It's very time consuming and alot of work and alot of research. I'm retired now, so I have the time to do it. Sometimes it's hard to stay focused on one thing, so I find myself bouncing between pins, beanies, hats, figurines and just about everything else Disney. I guess it depends whether you want it gone in one big lot, or individually. You could always group some of your collections together to sell. In my family, I had collections (obsessions) and my husband did too (hats, watches, grumpy stuff), so we have alot of stuff. If I hadn't started selling off some of these things, I was going to become a border Disney hoarder! First off, you need to decide which is the most important. I have many things I won't let go, but lots of stuff I will. Good luck!

If your collection is very extensive, you may consider contacting Mark atwww.themeparkconnection.com
He buys disney collections. Tell him Winnie sent you. He is wonderful!

I have tried and it seems that the pins are going between $1 - $5 each and then some of the more expensive items from events you are lucky if you get cost.

I have tried to narrow my collection to just HM, Maleficent, Stitch, Tinker Bell and Cast - and only the ones I really like of each.

You can also try the Sale Boards for Pins & other Disney items on DPF and PinTalk.

There are alot of new traders out there and some traders that have been doing this a long time that still might give you much better than above pricing.

Worth taking a little time to try. You post it on one sale board and copy and paste and put it on the other board.

Make sure to let people know especially if they are still on their original cards. That always helps too. Especially if you sell them in lots. With the scrapper issue this will at least show them that they are on the original cards.

Good Luck and let us know how you do and where you are putting them up. If you have any of the above I would like to take a look too.

I have tried and it seems that the pins are going between $1 - $5 each and then some of the more expensive items from events you are lucky if you get cost.

I have tried to narrow my collection to just HM, Maleficent, Stitch, Tinker Bell and Cast - and only the ones I really like of each.

You can also try the Sale Boards for Pins & other Disney items on DPF and PinTalk.

There are alot of new traders out there and some traders that have been doing this a long time that still might give you much better than above pricing.

Worth taking a little time to try. You post it on one sale board and copy and paste and put it on the other board.

Make sure to let people know especially if they are still on their original cards. That always helps too. Especially if you sell them in lots. With the scrapper issue this will at least show them that they are on the original cards.

Good Luck and let us know how you do and where you are putting them up. If you have any of the above I would like to take a look too.

Hello, I notice that you collect hidden mickeys. Have you happen to see any pics of the scrapper 2011 and/or 2012? I have been out the game for a while now and any help would be appreciated.

Hi pix,
We used to message quite a bit when the ebay sellers list was first being built. Glad to see you are still around. Going back to WDW 14 May after missing 2011. Say, have you seen any pictures around showing scrapper 2011 or 2012 hidden kicks? Hope you are doing well!

I'd second the sale boards at either of the 2 main pin boards.. disneypinforum or pintalk..

I know I keep a close eye to the boards more than ebay esp since Ive added 4 new collections and tend to be on the lookout for more obscure/older pins.. (I'm currently focusing on California Adventure, Frontierland/Big Thunder Mountain, Adventureland and Astronaut/space pins)

But for the most part- as a lot pins will go about or less than 2 bucks a pin. Selling them individually can get 3-5 for most pins with certain ones going higher..

If you need advice on what would be the best route for your particular pins I'd be happy to help as I've been collecting over 12 years now :) either PM me or email me-

-em

If I were you, consider selling very carefully. I personally wouldn't as once you sell, you will probably never be able to get back the items you sold.

I am a figment, Jiminy, Dumbo & SB's 3 Fairies collector so if you have any of them, let me know. :) Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter