Thoughts on Hollywood & Vine

Misti315

Mouseketeer
Want to do only one character meal while in Disney and would like thoughts on this please. My son is 3 and loves Special Agent Oso. Is the food good?

The food isn't anything to write home about, but the character interaction is great- they were awesome to be around... They spent TONS of time at our table... even though we were two childless adults who had no clue who these characters were :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It was the only place that we could get into for a lunch, and we had TS credits to burn

I agree food is meh. Nothing special. Character interaction is, in my opinion, one of, if not, the best you can get. In addition to spending time at the tables they sing and dance with the kids several times during the meal. My kids 3 and 8 both loved it. My 8 year old isn't even into those shows anymore but she had a blast singing and dancing with the characters and her sister. I definitely plan on going back.

I have to agree this was our best character interaction that we had at a character meal which is why for our upcoming trip it may be our one and only character meal. The food itself was just average. Nothing special, but nothing bad either. My 4 year old loves Jake and he was not there last time we went.

We took my son there for his 3rd birthday in December. The food was pretty average for a Disney buffet breakfast but the Character interation was absolutely incredible!! The characters sing :rolleyes1 and dance :banana: around the room and include the kids a few times an hour. We stayed for about 1.5 hours and each character came to visit a total of 3 times! It was a great experience! My son as well as mom and dad really enjoyed our time there! :goodvibes

I personally thought the food was super crummy, but my DD4 loves Disney Playhouse so I did it for her and I'd do it again if I had too.

We were pleasantly surprised by the Playhouse Disney breakfast on our last trip. The food was ok, although they did have a really good hash brown casserole. But the characters were the best. DD and DS loved seeing Manny and Jake. They did some of the pirate dances which DD loves. We want to do it again on our next visit.

I actually like this buffet...i don't know if i've gotten lucky but the food i've had here has been really yummy. We went to H&V on Christmas eve and they had a shrimp and lobster mac n cheese that was really good everything seemed hot and fresh. And the characters came by at least twice while we were there.

This was our favorite meal with our 3 year old. Set your ADR for first thing. We ate there before the park opened. There was hardly anyone there, so we had great character interaction!

Food has been consistently bad at H&V for us. If you feel that character interaction outweighs the food quality, then by all means, try it out! It IS a fun atmosphere for kids.

We've taken our DGC for breakfast twice, and I would do it again. Food is Golden Corral, edible, warm, nice variety. Service was good. Place was clean. Character interaction is the best of any of the restaurants in which we've eaten. I'd do breakfast again. I can't speak to lunch or dinner, however.

What characters do they have now? Any big changes planned?

The characters are Jake, Handy Manny, June (from the Einsteins) and OSO. There have been rumours that Doc Mcstuffins will replace June but nothing conctrete.

H and V was our second best breakfast (after CP!). The food was nice, the place was clean and our server was lovely. DD (4) wouldn't be able to tell you much about the food because she was too busy with the characters meeting / dancing etc to eat much!! We enjoyed it though :goodvibes

Claire :)

We loved the lunch foo there. I was quite surprised based on the reviews I had read. The character interaction was great as well we loved it.

So glad to see this. We hemmed and hawed about making the ADR (for April), but DS2 loves Jake so much we did it. I'd gladly put up with one "meh" lunch for that. :thumbsup2 (Although the lobster mac & cheese sounds yummy ...)

I do hope Doc McStuffins is added. He loves her as well!

I was at HV in Nov and last week. Had the Mac and cheese both times and it had the lobster and shrimp. I've liked everything I've tried. Much, much better than Trails End!!!,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter