Thoughts on HDDR for two adults?

Jen12573

DIS Veteran
DH and I are just about done with our ADRs for our upcoming trip, or so I thought. We're upgrading to the DxDDP, and we are thinking about adding the 9:30 show at HDDR. My best friend recommended it, I've never been and she said it's corny and fun, we like corny and fun!

What are your thoughts? Is it worth the 2TS credits each? Also, how do you get back to your resort following the late show if it's January and the parks close earlier? Taxi?
Thanks!

It is definitely a fun and corny show! You can sit back and watch or really get involved in the corn! A great evening's entertainment. (I don't do the DP, so I can't comment on whether it's worth 2 credits. I can say it's worth the price.) If you've never seen it, I also recommend it.

Getting back to your resort is a non-issue. For the latest show, and perhaps even the show before, there are buses waiting right outside the hall to take everyone back to where they need to go. The buses aren't dedicated to any one resort, though, so you may have multiple stops. I was at AKL, and we stopped at two other resorts first.

I've only been with 2 adults...twice.
It was fun....also don't do the DP, so can't comment on that.

It sounds as though you will really enjoy the show, it's definitely a hoot.

I don't do DDP either.

I used to bus to DTD and back to the resort from there, which is always possible, but lately I believe they have been providing buses to resorts from Fort Wilderness after the latest show.

I saw the show for the first time on 11/11/10, and I had a smile on my face the entire time.

We paid out of pocket and are not dining plan participants. That being said, if I were a dining plan participant, I think I would prefer to use a two-credit meal at a finer restaurant and pay out of pocket for HDDR, if it's in your budget. You're paying more for the entertainment than the meal, and if you can reason the cost as part of your entertainment budget instead of your meal budget, then I think it's definitely worth the price of admission.

Thanks so much everyone, we are definitely doing it! We actually have three other signature dining restaurants scheduled for our trip (Narcoossee's, California Grill and Yachtsman Steakhouse) and we have enough credits left that I don't mind using it for the show. If we do the 9:30, we can sit in the Tier 1 section, I think that's what we'll do.

Now I really can't wait!

We loved it so much on our last trip that we're going back again on our next trip! We went to the 7:15 show and there were buses waiting to take us back to POR. The driver was assigned 2 or 3 different resorts to deliver guests back to. He asked where everyone was staying & which bus stops we used so he wouldn't waste time going to bus stops that no one needed.

We love HDDR. The last time we went we were just 2 adults. We were on the DDP and we paid OOP, category 3. We had great seats upstairs and the food was very good, picnic type fare, but very tasty.

I'm debating HDDR but not sure if it's too corny for adults - not sure if DH would like it. Sometimes these shows are fun because you have your children to laugh with. I see the last post reccommended it for adults - I'd like to hear from other adults who went and their review of the show.
I'm more excited to hear that the busses wait outside to take you back to the resorts.

I would say yes, absolutely. Especially if you are the type who likes corny and fun. If you both are open to enjoying it, you definitely will have a good time! The food is DELICIOUS and the show is really entertaining. I really love going to this show, and I think you would both enjoy it. I say yes :)

The last time I went was with a party of ten, all adults, no kids, had a blast. That is where my friend wanted to go for his birthday. There is unlimited beer, wine or sangria, too (if that helps get the adults into the show - beer snobs may also want to note that the all you can drink beer is Bud Light. The sangria isn't bad)

DH and I have had great times at the HDDR. We've gone multiple times with it just being the two of us. :)

If you are going to the late show, you might consider going early to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach which is a really short walk from HDDR.

Thanks everyone - it good to hear that it's not just for families. We will seriously consider trying to get a reservation for our upcoming trip in March :thumbsup2

Back when there was only MK, for our honeymoon (EPCOT was almost ready to open), I called to book some meals and shows. It was about 9 months out, maybe more. (In those days you could book at least 1 year out.) I booked Top of the World's (now California Grill) Broadway show (still miss that one) and Spirit of Aloha. The CM then said, "And of course, you'll want to book the Hoop De Doo." Now remember, this was still the era of Hee Haw on TV. I said, "No, I don't think so." She said, "Trust me. You WANT to book the Hoop De Doo." She said that people would book ASAP to get that show.

She was right. It was great! Not so hard to get anymore, but still a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter