thoughts on garden grill

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
hi...be at the world in 5 days:cool1:...we have never been to garden grill and thought we would try it...we have been to many character meals...so we don't care about that...
my dd thought the menu looked good...my question is...since we don't care about seeing the characters ..is the food worth $38.00 a person?
thanks for any info
amy

hi...be at the world in 5 days:cool1:...we have never been to garden grill and thought we would try it...we have been to many character meals...so we don't care about that...
my dd thought the menu looked good...my question is...since we don't care about seeing the characters ..is the food worth $38.00 a person?
thanks for any info
amy

My family thinks so. We love the salad and the rest of the food is also very good. The plate of food that is brought out for the children is also very good and both of my kids loved the sweet potato fires. This is one of our favorite restaurants because of the food, atmosphere and the character interaction. I will warn you though we are not a family of foodies if you guys are big adventures eaters you may not want make your decision based off of my opinion.:)

thanks for any info
amy

Do you have reservations already? The reason I ask is this is sometimes a very difficult reservation to get.

When we ate there I really enjoyed it. There was plenty of food and I like the family style service so you don't have to keep getting up going to the buffet and seeing the children's hands all over the food. The changing scenery is nice too.

yes, i do have a reservation for next saturday...this was one of the restaurants that if you don't cancel in time...they charge your credit card...so i want to make sure ahead of time we want to eat there...

no, we are not very adventurous eaters....my dd and i only eat white meat...so we are planning on the turkey...but we will not want any sauce....and she will not want it on the same serving plate as the meat or fish..do you know if this will be a problem?

and also...my dd is 19....and she will problaby want the stuff on the kids menu...will they also bring that out?

i read somewhere that the salad has bacon bits on it...we will definatly not want the salad with these..and i love salad so i am hoping we can get it without...
we have been at wdw many times...and have gone to alot of restaurants...but this one we have not...and we thought we would give it a try...but now i am not sure...

thanks
amy

yes, i do have a reservation for next saturday...this was one of the restaurants that if you don't cancel in time...they charge your credit card...so i want to make sure ahead of time we want to eat there...

no, we are not very adventurous eaters....my dd and i only eat white meat...so we are planning on the turkey...but we will not want any sauce....and she will not want it on the same serving plate as the meat or fish..do you know if this will be a problem?

and also...my dd is 19....and she will problaby want the stuff on the kids menu...will they also bring that out?

i read somewhere that the salad has bacon bits on it...we will definatly not want the salad with these..and i love salad so i am hoping we can get it without...
we have been at wdw many times...and have gone to alot of restaurants...but this one we have not...and we thought we would give it a try...but now i am not sure...

thanks
amy

I am pretty sure they will plate the food separate if you ask them and leave of the bacon bits. As for a child’s dinner for your DD I don't see why not. We dine there every trip and they have always been very accommodating just make sure you tell your waiter/waitress when she initially comes to the table so you are not waiting for forever.

The Garden Grill is one of our favorite restaurants, but I don't think the food is worth $38 per person. We love it for the atmosphere, the characters, and the fact that it revolves. The food isn't bad, but it certainly isn't worth $38. If I only cared about the food, I probably wouldn't eat there.

We must have visited on an off-day compared to what other people are saying. Our experience was not so good and we definitely won't be back. My daughter at the time was a picky eater (still is) and ordered the chicken nuggets/strips. They were dried out, overcooked, hard as a rock and cold. Everything else we ordered was forgettable and meh. I'll just never forget those chicken nuggets though. They were so bad it was laughable.

We would have asked for more, but the only times we saw our waitress was when we were first seated, when she brought our food and when she brought the check. I do believe it's an all you can eat place too. Oh well, I'm glad other people have had good experiences there. Out of all the places to eat at Epcot, that is the last place we'll ever go.

I've eaten there a handful of times with different people, and all of us have really enjoyed the food. It has always been fresh and delicious. Since it's a little on the pricey side, it's been one of my "splurge" meals while at WDW. I hope to go back on my next trip. :)

The Garden Grill is one of our favorite restaurants, but I don't think the food is worth $38 per person. We love it for the atmosphere, the characters, and the fact that it revolves. The food isn't bad, but it certainly isn't worth $38. If I only cared about the food, I probably wouldn't eat there.

We have been there many times and it's always been good. The service can sometimes be a little "tricky"...we've had servers disappear for long periods of time. As far as being worth $38, wow is that how much it is now? (we've always used the TIW card but that still is the highest yet...) I'd almost rather go to FF or another signature but GG does include a beverage, salad, dinner and dessert so if you do split that up at another restaurant it'll end up around the same, if not more, so it can be considered a good value especially when you throw the character entertainment in. I think they spend the most time with you here out of most of the character meals.

If you'd like to check out a typical dinner there feel free to check on my website: http://disneydiningreviews.com/gardengrille-epcot.htm

It was our favorite meal. I don't like seafood, but tried the mahi mahi and loved it. My daughters loved everything, and the server brought out kids food without being asked, which was awesome. We all enjoyed every bite of every item served.

Ditto.

Thanks for all the replies..:)
i still am not sure...problalby will keep it and try it...we have done Chef mickeys like 20 times...and same with crystal palace, princess breakfast, tuskerhouse...pretty much all the characters many times...but never this one.

we do have TIW...so that will help..as long as my 19 year old dd gets the kids food, it should be ok...

thanks again...can't wait :banana:...3 days to go...and still didn't start packing...:crazy2:

amy

Hi, I certainly agree it is a fun place to eat. The Mahi is really good. FYI some of the most memorable pictures we have from Disney are from GG. You should see the Characters at least twice and picture ops are great...

ted

Thanks for all the replies..:)
i still am not sure...problalby will keep it and try it...we have done Chef mickeys like 20 times...and same with crystal palace, princess breakfast, tuskerhouse...pretty much all the characters many times...but never this one.

we do have TIW...so that will help..as long as my 19 year old dd gets the kids food, it should be ok...

thanks again...can't wait :banana:...3 days to go...and still didn't start packing...:crazy2:

amy

Hi there,

They will bring out the kids meals but just keep in mind that they will still charge her the adult price.

thanks...yes i know they will charge adult...she will eat the turkey on the adult plate and the other stuff on the kids, and she is really looking forward to the rolls and honey butter....

and i think i will enjoy the sweet potato sticks:thumbsup2

i think we will give GG a try...

thanks..
amy

thanks...yes i know they will charge adult...she will eat the turkey on the adult plate and the other stuff on the kids, and she is really looking forward to the rolls and honey butter....

and i think i will enjoy the sweet potato sticks:thumbsup2

i think we will give GG a try...

thanks..
amy

That's great to hear! I think you will really like it. We really did.

I agree.

We were actually there last week. I booked Garden Grill as our one and only character meal because my kids are obsessed with chip and dale, and also because I don't really like buffet meals, which a lot of the character meals are.

The only complaint I had about it--was our waiter brought out the small plate of meat and turkey--we don't eat fish--(there were 6 total in our party). I knew the initial serving would be small and then we could request more. We requested more pretty much immediately, because that one plate is pretty small for 6...and it took a LONG time for the second plate to come out. I'm talking at least 20 minutes.

Otherwise I loved it. The food was tasty, I liked the revolving around the land, and the character interaction was great.

We loved the Garden Grill this past week. The food was fantastic and our server was outstanding! I do have small children so the character interaction was a plus, but I would go there again :)

In a word- NOPE!

We wentvto see Chip and Dale but the food was not good- only place worse wr have eaten at wdw would be Tony's.

Too many great places to eat at Epcot to go there for the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter