Thoughts on Double Stoller vs. 2 Umbrella strollers?

mandanjeremy

Mouseketeer
Were leaving in 3 days, and Im wondering whether its best to bring our big double stoller for the boys, or if we should bring 2 small umbrella strollers? The big one did great last time, but isnt there a few things like the train at MK that we wouldnt be able to take it on?

Anyone have any experience or suggestions?:confused3 Perhaps Ive ran out of things to plan and am now just over analyzing everything:rotfl2:

I leave Saturday and am taking my double stroller for my little ones. First, because it reclines for my baby in the back. And secondly, we don't want two strollers. I think as long as they recline you can take them on the train, at least that is what I read. Plus I like having storage, etc. It's going to be a pain, but that is what I get for taking 2 little ones to WDW.

Your kids aren't super little anymore ~ you'll have at least 2 adults (correct?) ~ I'd bring 2 umbrella strollers ~ DD's Disney stroller is a Mac Volo and she & I love it!

are you driving or flying? if driving, and if you have room, I would take both and see what works best.

If flying, I would take one double stroller. I don't think you'll have a problem with the train.

As long as your stroller folds, you can take it on all WDW transportation. Some things let you keep it open sometimes, such as the monorail and some of the boats. I prefer only schleping ONE double stroller, as that leaves the other parent free to hold hands or whatever. Have a great trip! :wizard:

Yup. One double over two singles.

We rented a side-by-side from Orlando rather than use our tandem.

Smart move on our part. Kept the boys dry in the rain and they could sleep in it if necessary.

my kids are 2 1/2 years apart and we have always used two umbrella strollers. We found that one parent per kid and stroller was easy to manage and quicker to fold getting on and off busses/boats/trains. This trip we will only bring one stroller for our youngest and if the oldest gets tired, they can switch out.

I too have thought about this extensively, and have decided to bring along the double. My final thought was that if one of the kids wanted to walk (believe it or not) that one of us adults would have a free hand to "man" that child.

We will definitely be taking TWO strollers. Our children fight like crazy when they are in the double stroller together. It is ridiculous. :crazy2:

And since the double is so difficult to maneuver now that the kids are so much bigger, it would be tiring to push it.

We are a two umbrella stroller family. It is just easier if one of us has a sleeping child and the other wants to ride rides, etc. I can go shop in a store with sleeping baby while the older child rides with daddy. Its easier to manuever through the park also. We usually stay on the monorail so that's easy for traveling to and from the parks with the strollers. As for the train I just get on with the kids and hubby folds up both strollers next to him on another seat.

We will definitely be taking TWO strollers. Our children fight like crazy when they are in the double stroller together. It is ridiculous. :crazy2:

And since the double is so difficult to maneuver now that the kids are so much bigger, it would be tiring to push it.

very good point with respect to kids that fight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter