Thoughts on Breakfast with Minnie and Friends

richfei

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'd like to do a character breakfast while we're in Disneyland in a few weeks time. I'll probably choose between Goofys Kitchen at the hotel or Breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn

I've read all the plaudits for GK and from what I hear the character interaction and the food is better than most if not all of the character meals

1) But I don't see a list anywhere of the characters that are always present at GK. Does anyone have a list ?

2) I checked the following and read up on Minnie's breakfast
http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/dining.htm#downtown

The following characters are usually present
Minnie is often joined by Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger and many others

Do any of these go over to GK at a later time in the day ?

3) My son is very fond of those characters, but I'm in two minds since I hear some stories about you having to 'chase the characters down' at the Plaza, whereas you don't have to do that at GK, and of course the food is slightly better

Anyone have any opinions on that ?

4) Finally, I hear that if I book for breakfast at GK, but at a time which is closer to regular lunchtime, they sometimes bring out lunchtime food. What would be a good time to book to do this ? 11:30 ? And what would the character experience be like at that time ? i.e will the 'breakfast character's have left ?

For breakfast with Minnie, does the Plaza inn also do the same thing i.e bring out lunchtime food at breakfast price around 11:30 ish ?

Thanks
Richard

I'd do Goofy's Kitchen late for brunch personally. I think the characters vary at both locations, and Minnie can be at 2 (or more) breakfasts at the same time. I think it's pretty much luck of the draw regarding which characters you get. I read somewhere that there is usually at least 1 princess at Goofy's, and Goofy, but otherwise it varies. When you call to make the seating, just ask when you can go and get lunch food. I wouldn't want the last possible seating, but towards the end of the brunch hours would be a good idea. I think it can vary from day to day, so just ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter