• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on Bella Trae at Champions Gate?

Jonathan - This year Mandalay homeowners voted to allow grills restricted to 10' from condo (basically in the driveways). Love Bella Trae!

We've owned for over a year - surpasses all expectations! Wholesome, warm, friendly, and fabulous neighbors and other residents have made us feel so welcome. As do the people in the retail community that is so conveniently close to us (Publix, McDonalds, UPS) Wonderful church communities in Celebration nearby. And we have a new Lifestyle Director - she is dynamic.

Love the proximity to Disney - 20 minutes walking out our door and walking into the Beach Club lobby!

To a previous poster - Mandalay HOA/residents have voted to allow grills -
10' from building (basically midde of driveway). With so many good restaurants around, I only take advantage maybe twice a month!

I know this thread is over a year old, but when I did a search of Bella Trae this thread came up, so I hope you all love it enough to want to share your experiences.

I went to Bella Trae today and I think I fell in love. We are looking to move down to the Orlando area full time and thought we wanted to be in an apartment because we wanted planned activities, Bella Trae has it all, planned activities and a homey feel.

Please share any info good or bad if you live there full time or own a vacation home there.
I read you all got such a great deals, I don't know what you paid but I guess those great deal days are over.

Dear Mjasp,

Third year in Bella Trae coming up - we just love it. Everything continues to get better as the economic issues of the past years has brought in responsible, viable homeowners. Yes, the great deals may be over, but I still consider it a bargain and terrific value. What you wouldn't know about Bella Trae from just a tour visit is that it is full of wonderful, fabulous, wholesome people...snowbirds and full-timers. Our Lifestyle Director is awesome and the optional activities are so much fun. Activities and groups range from the physical: yoga, water aerobics, etc to Book Clubs, Scrabble fans, Bible Study, Quilting, Bingo (don't laugh - it's fun!), Cookouts, Super Bowl Parties, holiday celebrations. Many residents work part time at Disney and/or volunteer at Give Kids the World. Check out our website: ourbellatrae.net.

Bella Trae protects owners with strict rules and regs - enforcement crackdown getting better all the time. Property management is great. Orlando area has much to offer - surrounding communities of Winter Park, Winter Garden, Mt Dora, and of course Celebration are full of fun times - restaurants, museums, events. Public Market at the corner is a gem and MacDonald's comes in handy - as well as UPS, cleaners, etc. With the new Lennar Homes project beginning and sports fields next to the Omni, we hope that the town of "Coming Soon..." will now really be coming soon! And being so close to Disney - we are door to door 20 minutes with minimal or no traffic - what could be better than that! Good luck!

Thank You so much for getting back to me. I'm almost sold on Bella Trae, the more I think about it the more I love it.
My next question was going to be, are the residents welcoming to newcomers or are they clicky? But I see you like your neighbors :)

How late is the pool open till? Most places the pool closes at dusk, is it the same at BT? I'm asking because I plan to live there year round and maybe take a quick swim and relax by the pool after work

Hi again,

Pool and Clubhouse close at 10:00. I live close by the Clubhouse - noise never a problem.

There are lots of golfers, naturally - and of course golfers seek and find fellow golfers to play with - weather in Bella Trae or at the dozens of local golf courses. Likewise, events and the various clubs and activities draw people sharing the same interests. Local churches also provide fellowship. Stetson U in Celebration offers great continuing ed courses.

But I have found that it is SO easy to make friends at BT. Just show up in the lobby for coffee, hang out at the pool, say "Hi" to neighbors and you're up and running. Speaking of "running"...there's a "Walker/Talker" policy - just show up at the Clubhouse at 8:30am and join in for an hour of walking around the area for exercise. They leave at 8:35 with whoever shows up. Sometimes it's just 2 of us - sometimes 7 or 8! Seven days a week. Lots of fun shopping days, movie afternoons, lunch, bike riding, kayaking, with the ladies. They have a "Ya Ya" Ladies lunch usually once each month - great way to meet people. I have never met a more caring community.
You can be as involved as you want.

There are definitely groups that tend to socialize together just by natural chemistry, but I can't say that "clicks" exist that would ever exclude the friendship of others.

SOLD :cheer2: THANK YOU! Hopefully we will be there by the end of the year :)

Are you there year round or a snowbird/vacation home?

Also pop in for a couple or few weeks here and there. We always hate to leave and so look forward to returning. See ya soon! :-)

Condo assoc: 465. Taxes 3/2 condo 3397/year with assesment.
That may be in the smaller units, but the larger units are over $600 a year and go up every year lately. Quite a bit for just a clubhouse. Make sure you realize there are 2 separate dues to live there.

Thank You so much for getting back to me. I'm almost sold on Bella Trae, the more I think about it the more I love it.
My next question was going to be, are the residents welcoming to newcomers or are they clicky? But I see you like your neighbors :)

How late is the pool open till? Most places the pool closes at dusk, is it the same at BT? I'm asking because I plan to live there year-round and maybe take a quick swim and relax by the pool after work
BT has a great pool, heated and well lit for the evening. Like all places, it just depends on how much you have in common with those there. As a full-timer, you have a great benefit of a third of the residents only being there a few months but paying 12 months of dues. Snowbirds pay but do not play half the year so things are not worn out. The Gym is fantastic and next to the gym. Very nice hot tub.

That may be in the smaller units, but the larger units are over $600 a year and go up every year lately. Quite a bit for just a clubhouse. Make sure you realize there are 2 separate dues to live there.
It looks like you responded to a post from nine years prior, so I would guess all the fees have gone up a lot in that time.

Yes, it was an old post. Probably more important is this is a full-time community, no short term rental, with monthly dues over $600 a month, and continue to go up each year. Just a lot for a pool and gym, even if they are nice. Lots of spending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter