Thoughts on adding an extended hotel stay to Backstage Magic?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Planning to do this tour next year and it might be our one and only visit to DL. Given this, would people recommend an extra night or 2 at the end of the tour to get more park time in, or is there sufficient park (and free) time within the tour itself?
Pre-tour we'll have Universal and city time, so this is purely DL time I'm thinking about...

I'm taking ABD - California this Oct (yaay!) and we have been to DL/CA just once on our own. We are planning on doing 2 days extra at the parks. The last morning of the ABD trip is breakfast only, and you do have hoppers that are good all day. I've seen many do one additional day after that. (from what I remember it took about 1 1/4 days to do all of DL and one day to do CA in Oct on your own.)

From the TRs I've read, there seems to be enough time to ride a bunch - but not everything. I think it depends on how crowded the parks are when you visit. It also has to do with your pace. If you want to take it easy or are very energetic. We are thinking of spending one day at the pool this time, and maybe take a slower pace, so after the last day of the ADB morning, we are doing 2 extra days at GC. I hope this helps!!

We've done this tour twice now, and are going again in July. If you've never visited DL/DCA before I'd highly recommend adding a couple of nights on at the end of the tour. While you get 3 days of intense park stuff while on the tour (and have some on your own time) its really not enough to take in everything.

Thanks for the advice - think an extra 2 nights sound worth it.
So, depending on flight time (as to whether there's enough time for the parks on departure day) we'd need an extra 1 or 2 day pass - can this be added to the ABD package, or do we just purchase on the gate?

Correct, you'd need to buy a pass for the extra days. Unfortunately, your ABD pass (that you'll use for the days of your actual adventure) do not allow add ons, nor can you trade it in as partial credit against a longer pass. Don't know why ABD does that.

We did this tour last October. It was jammed packed from start to finish. If you think this may be you're only trip to DL, I highly recommend adding on a couple of extra days. This way you will be able to revisit your favorite rides and shows, experience more of the dining options and just relax a little and take it all in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter