• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on a Split Stay?

Americandy

Earning My Ears
I'm new here, and it seems like a lot of you guys and gals have a lot more experience than me when it comes to this.

My best friend and I are planning on taking a trip to Disney in May of next year--I was playing with the rates online, and I know that they could change, but we wanted to get a basic idea.

Playing with the Trip planner, I had 6 nights/7 days at the Contemporary in the Garden Wing (minus parkhopper and the dining plan--we don't eat enough to warrant the dining plan, and I don't plan on spending a single day in multiple parks) at around 2800 for 2 adults. Of course, I was grinning like a loon at this, because it was the best price I'd seen on it for a while.

Then I read on here about someone doing a Split stay (CR/Poly) and I got to thinking...

The reason I want to stay in the Contemporary is because as a child (Little over 10 years ago? I'm a youngin') my father took me and my brother, and that's where we stayed. I'm a big kid at heart, and want desperately to see the Monorail entering and leaving the station and take full advantage of Chef Mickey's....and I really want that Magic Kingdom view...

So, I did some more fiddling with the prices online, and looked like I could get 3 nights at POFQ and 3 nights at the CR with the Magic Kingdom view for ~300 cheaper than the full 6 nights at the Garden Wing (calculated tickets and stuff, too).

Does anyone have any advice/thoughts? We plan on booking the trip -as soon- as they're open for reservations in May of next year. It's me and my best friend (both girls, I'll be 22 and she'll be 23) and May is really the only time we can stay--after our schools let out for the semester. We're booking this all on our own, so any help with pricing is greatly appreciated.

Er--wow, I was in the totally wrong forum when I posted this. I thought I was in the main resort forum, not one of the child boards. Sorry!

Welcome!

I love a split stay. I am trying to stay at all of the resorts, so the split stay is the way to go!!

As far as CR is concerned (I haven't stayed there yet) I think the tower with a theme park view is the way to go. Now, I know a lot of people stay in the garden wing, but for me, that would not be "staying in the Contemp" to me.

I think starting off in a mod, when you may be spending long days in the parks, then moving to CR is a great idea. By the 2d half of the trip you may be ready to relax a bit. Switching resorts is quite simple. Just have bell services at POFQ pick up your bags on the morning of your moving day. Head out to the parks. When you are ready, head to CR to check in. Your luggage should join you by 3PM.

BTW You should be able to book May 2011 in early August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter