thoughts on a Nov. 2014 trip?

Sunnyday3

Mouseketeer
Hi all - we've been to WDW three times - all during summer (July and August). The first time was incredible - third week in August, minimal crowds, it was lovely, except the heat. Plus it was my first time experiencing the magic! After that, we went in July. Super hot AND tons of people. We could barely go on any rides due to the waits and our over planning for character meals (my fault, now I know better!). My DH and I decided that it would be a long time before we returned....(that was in July of 2013).

Anyway...I'm trying to convince my DH that a Nov. 11-15, 2014 trip would be great. The weather seems cooler (I'm from NY and I don't do well with the heat at all!) and the crowd calendar looks good. Plus my daughter will not yet be three, so she's still free! Am I missing anything? Does anyone have any advice to give? I'd love to hear your ideas.
Thank you!:blush:

I'm also interested to hear what others have to say about this time of year. I'm looking at Nov. 18-23. Fall is really the only time of year I haven't been to Disney. Hoping for mild weather and minimal crowds!

We've done that timeframe the last 2 yrs - its awesome!

This past Nov we did Nov 10-16 -- the weather was perfection, the crowds were reasonable. We were able to swim, but it wasn't crazy hot. We never waited in any line for more than 10 minutes (between low crowds, and using our MBs). We were able to attend the last day of the F&W festival, and see some of the Christmas decorations going up.

Beginning of November is a great time to go, especially if you can catch the end of F&W! Crowds are low, humidity is gone and the holiday decorating and events are starting to get into gear. It is possible that the weather will be a cool, but that is really the only negative and early in November is less likely. We loved that time of year (kids in middle school so only vacation weeks for now). You should also be able to book the Christmas party if you want. That will get you in the holiday spirit early! Good luck.

We are going in August. The heat doesn't bother us (from NE as well), but the fall is our favorite time to go.

If I had the option to go in November I would do it in a heartbeat. We went in late September one year and it was all the way around wonderful! Enjoy your trip :goodvibes

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I had read somewhere about either discounts on rooms or free dining during this time. Hope it comes to fruition-that would sweeten the deal-and make it that much easier to convince my DH. :-)

DH and I went that week (left on Nov 9th) about 5 years ago and it was our best trip ever. The crowds were suuuuper low and the weather was pleasant during the day and slightly chilly at night. It's also really nice because the Christmas decorations are up and it gets you in the holiday spirit just in time for Thanksgiving!

I'm getting even more excited! I really didn't do well with the heat and crowds. I'd kind of like a "re-do" - and it sounds like this would be an ideal time. :-)

We did it November 14th-18th this past year! It was absolutely lovely, except the morning at Epcot when it rained, but that was the luck of the draw that you will never really get away from. At least it was 80 degrees, so we bought ponchos and soldiered on!

We were able to swim every day, and I don't think we even brought a sweatshirt into the parks. I wore jeans and a short sleeve shirt 3 of the 4 days, but that is pretty typical for me. The kids and DH wore shorts and tshirts. The day we left was the hottest and was our scheduled "pool" day anyway, so that worked out well!

Touring-wise, we were all over the parks and it was the perfect weather. Not too hot, not cold at all. We never felt sticky or sweaty or uncomfortable. We never waited more than 15-20 minutes on any ride, and when I say more than 15-20, I mean that was about 1 ride a park that we waited that long. The vast majority of the time we practically walked right onto the rides. It was only our 2nd time in MK (the first was only for a day in 2012) and had never been to AK, Epcot, or DHS, and using the FP+ for the main attractions was perfect for us. We even had a FP+ for BOG and were the very first family into the Beast's Castle on Nov 17th, bypassing a very long line of people. Yay!!

I loved November and would go back in a heartbeat. Although the one thing that I thought was a little weird, and this is just me and my perception, was that about 1/2 of each park was all set up for Christmas with decorations, lights, and music piped in, but the back of each park hadn't been done yet, so it was so weird to me that it seemed like we had just celebrated Halloween, then I had a week-long business trip in between, then we flew to Florida. We left 40-degree weather in Illinois, but walked into each park immersed in Christmas and sunny 80 degrees. After we passed Main Street (or the equivelent thereof), no sign of Christmas at all. Then walking back toward the castle or whereever, all the sudden there was Christmas everywhere! LOL It was really surreal, but kind of cool.

I highly recommend November!!!!!

Just went this year November 12-20. It was fantastic! The weather was great, minimal crowds. There was free dining during that week too. Will also get to enjoy the Christmas decorations, seeing the castle all lit up is truly magical! Would go again during the same time in a heartbeat. Have a great time!

Just went this year November 12-20. It was fantastic! The weather was great, minimal crowds. There was free dining during that week too. Will also get to enjoy the Christmas decorations, seeing the castle all lit up is truly magical! Would go again during the same time in a heartbeat. Have a great time!

Whoa! Free dining - that's a sure bonus! Do you mind if I ask when that came out, and is it generally a yearly thing? As I mentioned, I've only been during summer, so we are a bit new to the fall planning.

I'm so excited already :goodvibes

We always try to go in November, the weather is nice enough to swim but cool enough to enjoy yourself walking around. We also like the Christmas decorations out at the resorts and the parks. Most of the time you can get free dining an added bonus. December is always a nice time to go the earlier the better though.

We went in late October our first trip and it was perfect weather. It was still warm enough to swim and go to the water parks, but wasn't too hot. I imagine early to mid November would be similar, and of course if free dining is available, that's a real perk!

I'm looking at the same time and I'm excited! My priority is lower crowds so I'm thinking the 15th-22nd.

We went the first week in November this year (Jersey Week) and LOVED it!! It was 77 degrees during the day and 60 degrees at night. So PERFECT weather. Crowd levels were great.... For example Toy Story Mania, one of the most popular rides in all of WDW at spring break at over a 200 minutes wait, in November it was 45 minutes! Buzz Lightyear was only 10 minutes!! You cannot get much better than that!!
As a bonus.... the Very Merry Xmas Party also starts in early November so we were able to go to that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter