• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts? Kona Breakfast-Blizzard Beach-Luau-Boardwalk Plan

BlondeAppetit

DIS Veteran
I am planning our Sept. 2015 trip! Only 300+ days out! :rotfl:

We will be staying at the Poly.

What do you think of this for our Blizzard Beach Day - traveling with a two year old and a six year old.

Kona Breakfast - 8am-ish

Arrive at Blizzard Beach as it opens to get chairs

Back to hotel early/mid afternoon

Rest

5:15pm - Luau

Walk around the Boardwalk after dinner

Are their kid-friendly things to do at the Boardwalk at night? Would it be worth the trip? Thought we could get ice cream and stroll.

What is the best means of transportation? Monorail to MK and then bus?

Thanks!

I wouldn't make a special trip to the Boardwalk just to walk around with a 2 and 6 year old. I mean, if you're there the street performers are a nice option but not worth making a special trip for in my opinion. I definitely think they would prefer a poolside movie at your (or any of) the resorts.

Heck, I'd just walk around the beach to the Grand Floridian or ride the monorail and see the resorts/boat to the Wilderness Lodge.

At two and six my kid would not have been much fun by the boardwalk part of your day. Maybe just stick around the Poly and watch fireworks? That sounds like a super-fun day but I fear that evening stroll might be too much of a good thing.

Have a great trip!!!

I think the 6yo can enjoy a trip to the Boardwalk (mine did :goodvibes) with the street performers and catching the upper Illuminations fireworks...but the 2yo could be another story if not asleep in a stroller.

But the getting there...I think I would only recommend it if you have a car. Your best options otherwise are: Monorail or boat to the MK bus stop and take a Boardwalk bus (that might first stop at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach Club, then finally Boardwalk). Or take a bus from Poly to DHS and take a (~30 min) boat to Boardwalk

If you've already done DTD and want another experience, Boardwalk is a nice place to wander around.

Thanks everyone! I think that would be pushing it. I have never been! Thought could be fun! I think they will have as much fun hanging at the pool, etc.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter