Thoughts? Kingdom Keepers Interactive...

cosmicmommy

Out of This World Mom
Since the Kingdom Keepers book have essentially covered the vast majority of, if not all of, the parks, should Disney put in an attraction based upon them? I think it would be interesting to do it as motion simulator style ride in Magic Kingdom, possibly somewhere in Adventureland? (May require an expansion) Obviously, a lot of the action takes place in other parks and Disney-locations (even on Castaway Cay), but I think it would be perfect for a new MK attraction with or without 3D glasses, similar to Star Tours and the old Body Wars with a different adventure available every time - or maybe they could do it as from a different character's POV or even make it a 3D show like It's Tough To Be A Bug highlighting a different adventure or scene from the books.

Thanks for bringing up the topic. Who doesn't love a good topic?

In my opinion, simulation rides are tired technology and have low repeatability, this is why the new Star Tours has the mix and match random adventure. I guess if Disney was hurting for new attractions at MK this could have a home there.

I also would be curious as to the overall broad appeal of the franchise. I understand the core audience of the books, though I have not read any of them. Is there a large fanbase and will it be remembered in 5, 10, 15 years?

Thanks for bringing up the topic. Who doesn't love a good topic?

In my opinion, simulation rides are tired technology and have low repeatability, this is why the new Star Tours has the mix and match random adventure. I guess if Disney was hurting for new attractions at MK this could have a home there.

I also would be curious as to the overall broad appeal of the franchise. I understand the core audience of the books, though I have not read any of them. Is there a large fanbase and will it be remembered in 5, 10, 15 years?

I'm 32 and read and enjoyed them. Sure, they're aimed at the middle school crowd, but it was fun and he has a new series out now too, so with the 7 books from the 1st series, there's a lot of potential for content and the second series deals with time travel, so it might find a good home in Tomorrowland, replacing Stitch - though I'm not sure how. I think the theater would have to be reworked - or it could be a ground up attraction. It would be fun if they could incorporate the 'Choose your own adventure' style of ride - maybe a dark ride where you choose your path? Not sure how the logistics would work on that, but it could be a fun twist. Or something Omnimover style - or even an update to the Wonders of Life pavilion in Epcot since that is a HUGE hunk of waster space right now? Then you could make it the Kingdom Keepers Interactive Pavilion and maybe they could replicate the hologram technology used in the books?

It's an interesting concept but something feels off about an attraction which is about other attractions coming to life and covering behind the scenes aspects to the park, I don't know, just not sure if it would fit. Like, being in an attraction that depicts the dolls from It's a Small World coming to life and attacking you seems weird to have ... but maybe I just don't have enough creativity to see how it could work

I think a movie or a series on the Disney channel, if done well could be really cool

or if they somehow converted Disney quest and could make you a DHI and put you into the parks that way or something would be neat

It's an interesting concept but something feels off about an attraction which is about other attractions coming to life and covering behind the scenes aspects to the park, I don't know, just not sure if it would fit. Like, being in an attraction that depicts the dolls from It's a Small World coming to life and attacking you seems weird to have ... but maybe I just don't have enough creativity to see how it could work

I think a movie or a series on the Disney channel, if done well could be really cool

or if they somehow converted Disney quest and could make you a DHI and put you into the parks that way or something would be neat

Like Virtual Reality glasses and you choose which DHI to go in as?

Personally, I would not be interested & I don't think the series has longevity - at least, not enough for a dedicated attraction.

I think you'll find that many posters, even on these boards, have no idea what Kingdom Keepers is, unless they have children in the target age range or follow a lot of Disney-related social media that has been promoting the books.

One of my kids has read several of the books, and has wondered if they would make a Kingdom Keepers movie. I told him I didn't think so since only Disney would have the ability to make such a movie, and why would Disney want to promote something where its own rides and characters are attacking people?

Same concept goes with a KK attraction, I suspect...

One of my kids has read several of the books, and has wondered if they would make a Kingdom Keepers movie. I told him I didn't think so since only Disney would have the ability to make such a movie, and why would Disney want to promote something where its own rides and characters are attacking people?

Same concept goes with a KK attraction, I suspect...

Disney has heavily promoted the book series on The Disney Channel, so they may be on-board. At the end of the day, it really does expand the realm of belief in magic and besides, the 'attackers' are the bad guys anyway, so no big surprise there. It's kinda fun to "learn" about te behind-the-scenes stuff, but who knows...

I'd actually like something that spanned across the parks - something similar to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.
That WOULD be fun... it could be something available at all Disney properties that have been involved in the books... just a portal or something at each place where you tap in - maybe use your Magic Band? Maybe even create your own 'DHI' at home on MDE... then watch 'your' DHI do cool things from the books... ?

I think if they wanted to do a KK attraction they would of made SOTMK about the Keepers fighting off the Overtakers in each land. As for a movie I know Favreau has had 'Magic Kingdom' which is pretty much just Night at the Museme at the titicular theme park in development for a while at Disney (most likely shelved indefinitely for Jungle Book 2) so I doubt the mouse would do two similar plots sadly

They have a Disney Education thing that goes along with Kingdom Keepers. I believe there may be a part where they don't want full on synergy with this product. It would be odd since it is based around the parks and cruise line.

To the person who said something about a movie they had been working on something that was similar to Kingdom Keepers except the rides didn't go bad. Think Night at the Museum meets Disney.

Also to the person who said you need kids that age I have no kids and know what KK is because they had the books at the writer's shop. I always would pop in for a coffee and pastry and discovered them on the shelf one day.

I LOVE the Kingdom Keepers...and I'm 64! :goodvibes DGD encouraged me read one of hers and I was hooked. Love the adventures and it gives me my "Disney fix" as I visualize the areas of the park they're in. Another good series is Keys to the Kingdom. I'm ready book #2 now. A "Kingdom Keepers Adventure" in one of the parks would be fun! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter