Thoughts & Buses after Hoopdee Do Review

somagical

Earning My Ears
Hi All - MY DH and I are thinking of attending HDR on our trip in Sept. He's never been, and I went when I was a little kid, but don't remember much. I have a few questions:

1) Are buses provided after the HDR/WL to each resort directly or will we have to go back to a park or the TTC to get back to our resort?

2) Would you recommend doing this for 2 adults in their early 30's? We usually just do park stuff when we are in WDW - not big into shows or parades. Is this something that is more typically enjoyed by little ones?

Thanks for your help and opinions! :)

1) Yes, buses are available to take you directly to your resort. The buses stop at multiple resorts.

2) I would definitely recommend it. I'm in my 20's, and I really enjoy it. It's definitely corny, but I think it's a show anyone can enjoy. (The unlimited sangria/beer doesn't hurt either!)

I agree, the show is fun for all ages and the food is very tasty. When we went, we took a launch/boat from MK b/c that's where we were at the time. I think I read that if you take a bus from your resort to FW you get dropped off at the front of FW and then need to take an internal FW bus to HDR. The launch drops you at a dock within walking distance of HDR. There are several threads on Dis which discuss the best ways to get to HDR from wherever you are.

Another enthusiastic vote for HDDR. DH and I have done this several times without the kids, and have always had a blast. And yes, the sangria doesn't hurt either:lmao:

As for transportation: unless things have changed recently regarding the buses, if you are at the late seating, there will be buses right outside the hall which will take you back to your resort. Often the buses will be going to more than one resort. Just ask and you will be directed to the proper bus.

If you are going to one of the earlier shows, these buses will not be provided. The fastest way will usually be to catch the boat back to the MK then a bus to your resort. If you are staying at WL, then I believe there is a boat that goes directly to that resort.

The only show without the resort buses is the 5pm show. The buses made a huge difference for us. It really depends on your tastes if you will enjoy it. I liked it but went in expecting a silly song and dance and tasty but basic food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter