• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thought Minions was "meh" - Zootopia better?

tampadaytripper

Earning My Ears
I recently watched Minions on Netflix, and wasn't really impressed at all. It felt like a normal Saturday morning cartoon. Zootopia looks like it should be more fun for an adult. Is it any better? For that matter, is is better than Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I liked Zootopia a lot. I never really got into Despicabl eMe or Minions (saw part of Minions, I find them annoying). Zootopia is very well done, with a lot of more grown-up humor and themes, plus it has a great message. I'd recommend it.

Zootopia is definitely a better movie. However, I saw Minions with a small child. We look at it as childish and immature with an adult lens, but it's fine for small kids.

My kid wants to to see The Secret Life of Pets.

I agree that Zootopia is a great movie for both kids and adults alike. To me, it wasn't the same type of movie as Roger Rabbit -- both are good in their own rite. As for the minions, I'm a fan! I'm not afraid to admit they amuse me and I liked their movies! But, if you have to go with just one - pick Zootopia!

I LOVE Zootopia. I haven't been this much in love with any movie since "Up." It's funny, touching, suspenseful, has action and twists, a good story, fun Disney in-jokes, great characters and performances. I would follow Judy and Nick on any adventure (and Chief Bogo had better be there, too). Everyone should see Zootopia, whether or not they have kids or think they like animated films.

I haven't seen Minions, but I'm assuming it's more of a "straight comedy" - silly and enjoyable, but not particularly meaty or memorable. Animated films often seem to get lumped into one category, even when they're really quite different. Think of all the live action movies you've seen: people don't generally compare a silly comedy to a period drama to a popcorn action flick just because they're all movies. They're totally different stories that happen to be told through the same medium.

See Zootopia. And the more spoiler-free you are going in, the better; just sit back and enjoy the surprises.

The first time I watched Zootopia I only just liked it. Upon multiple viewings, I liked it more each time. It's a great movie with a great message and really fun characters. LOVE Mr. Big. LOL

I saw Zootopia on my flight home this weekend. I picked it as something to fall asleep to but I ended up actually watching it. Was pleasently surprised as I knew nothing about it, great film similar to the Ice Age films

My mom and I loved both Despicable Me movies but we didn't like Minions... it was cute but we didn't find it was very funny. Zootopia is so much better and I loved the message behind it!

None of us (kids or I) liked Minions at all, it wasn't funny or interesting to us. We all loved Zootopia and afterwards DD said we had to get it when it came out on DVD. We did buy it, and have all watched it again several times since

I'm not sure why you are asking this. What is the connection between the two? Minions isn't Disney.

Zootopia was a great film, really enjoyable with a great message that is relevant to today's society. Minions was just a cash grab trying to cash in on their popularity, so not a lot of thought went into it. Plus Zootopia was made by Disney who really puts a lot of heart into their films so I def recommend it.

Minions had its funny spots, but overall Zootopia was way better than Minions in my opinion. The story was way better and the characters were even better developed. Maybe that was because we knew who the Minions were. I thought Zootopia was one of the better recent Disney movies in a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter