Thought I'd share with you all :) and :(

LunaMini

Believing is just the beginning...
So... I thought I'd treat myself and I bid on a beautiful 14k gold Mickey Mouse ring on eBay. I checked, checked and checked again that it was my size and watched as the price crept up.
It had nearly nearly reached my limit but I thought I'd stick one last additional £1 bid on it and I won! :cool1:

I've been waiting patiently since winning it on Friday for it to arrive and today it did! I spoke to my mum at lunchtime who said it had arrived and I couldn't wait to get home and wear it (sad I know!)
Anyway, I got home and went straight for the parcel, the first thing I noticed was that I had paid £4 for 1st Class delivery and it was send 2nd class (£2.20) not the end of the world though. Promptly opened the package and slipped the ring on only to find that it's not the size it was advertised as and it's miles too big :furious:

It does fit on my middle finger, but I much prefer things on my ring finger and it just doesn't feel right. I'm very disappointed and a little upset about it :sad:. I guess I now need to decide whether I keep it and wear it on my middle finger or sell it on and look for a different one :confused:

Here's piccy for you all, sorry about my puffy looking hand, I had a fight with my horse at the weekend!

2013-03-06182217_zps0d5583c0.jpg

What a lovely ring, sorry that it's not the right size, I can understand your disappointment ::yes::

It's a lovely ring what a shame its not the right size.

I would contact the seller though and query it. Maybe ask for a partial refund if you want to keep it especially as it wasn't the correct class postage.

If you are only disappointed with the fact it's too big why don't you get it re-sized? It's a lovely ring

I had my Dad's wedding ring made bigger just before Christmas as his arthritis had meant he couldn'twear it and it only cost £15 and that was adding gold to it? It should be cheaper to make it smaller??

I like to wear "proper" rings on my ring finger and I wear Costume rings on my middle finger. :confused3

higgy66 said:
If you are only disappointed with the fact it's too big why don't you get it re-sized? It's a lovely ring

I had my Dad's wedding ring made bigger just before Christmas as his arthritis had meant he couldn'twear it and it only cost £15 and that was adding gold to it? It should be cheaper to make it smaller??

I like to wear "proper" rings on my ring finger and I wear Costume rings on my middle finger. :confused3

This is my next idea, going to take it to a jewellers, get the sizing checked so I can tell the seller the actual size and get a quote for a resize. Being that it's proper gold this will be an everyday ring for me :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That's a lovely ring and I agree with the others about getting it resized. I'd also see what the ebayer has to say about the postage before you give him/her feedback!

I would get a quote to have it resized and ask the seller to refund you that amount as a goodwill gesture.

joolz1910 said:
I would get a quote to have it resized and ask the seller to refund you that amount as a goodwill gesture.

Funnily enough I did this yesterday. Turns out the ring is a P and a half, so 3.5 sizes larger than she said. I contacted her about the postage and about the resizing and asked for a contribution to getting it altered (it's going to cost £25 and I'd like half of it covered). Her reply was that it was her mistake for the postage and would refund me £2.50 for this but the sizing is out of her control! She also said I should be grateful as I only paid 1/5th of the original purchase price!
I have opened a case with eBay now and she has 8 days to reply or eBay will make e decision. I have nothing to lose by doing this and who knows, they make decide in my favour. I'll keep you posted...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

She has sold an item that is not as advertised and ebay will rule in your favour. Whether you got it for a 5th of the price or not . She put it on ebay with the wrong sizing so falsely advertised.
If you want the ring and wish to pay the £25 then thats ur decision but I would send it back unless u really want it.
Hope you sort it out.:)

Hope you sort it out, that's very naughty of her to put the wrong size and say its not her fault.

It now fits! Just been and collected it from the jewellers! Happy Bunny here, will be even happier if eBay rule in my favour! A few days to wait for that decision though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter