• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thought Alfredo's was horrible!!!!

My dh and I ate at Marrakesh in Jan. and while I wouldn't say ick, it wasn't my favorite meal. I thought the bastillas were fairly good (a little dry like a pp said), but the lamb cous cous was pretty bland. I generally like Middle Eastern and African food, so I was a little disappointed in this meal.

I totally agree with the OP. Alfredo's is HORRIBLE!!!

I am Italian and grew up in an Italian home and have also been to many regions of Italy and can safely say that Alfredo's is not Authentic.

I had the pasta trio, the lasagna was so over cooked it was mushy and the rest was just cold and inedible. I hate being so harsh with my reviews because food is an individual experience, and everyone should decide for themselves whether they like it or not, however, this restaurant was the only one in Disney that I feel so strongly about, perhaps becuase I am Italian.

I am Italian and was brought up in a household with authentic Italian cooking. I agree that Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, etc. do not serve "authentic" Italian food. Although Alfredo's food is authentic in ingredients, it is horrible. Calamari cooked almost to the point of being burnt, tasteless tomatoes and mozzarella, and MUSHY pasta. I even asked them to cook my pasta al dente and it came out in a sticky glob. It was expensive, which would have been OK if my DD and I had enjoyed our meals, but the food was so bad that we left hungry and had to eat again later in the evening. I would pass.

I agree. Also growing up in an italiana household you know good food! I would change reservations... BTW, I don't mind Olive Garden at all. I'd visit there before I would step foot again into Alfredo's!

Note to a previous poster about the Olive oil and salt. My father ALWAYS put pepper in it too! He was from Northern Italy so we grew up on the funek (sp?) or celery with the olive oil, salt and a tad touch of pepper at every holiday meal!

I ate there last week and while I didn't think it was horrible, I didn't think it was really that good either. The fettucine was good, different, and I think I like it better that way than in a big cream sauce. I like the cheese and butter better than a cream alfredo sauce. The service was slow. Our server was nice, but it really seemed to take a long time to get an appetizer portion of Fettucine Alfredo. Seems like they would have that stuff going all the time back there since it is a signature dish.

I was on the dining plan, so I got a caeser salad, appetizer portion size of the fettucine alfredo and a canoli. The best part was definitely the canoli! :rotfl:

I loved the "restaurant" itself though. The decor was lovely, although it could have used a bit of updating in terms of the fabrics on the seats. But, they won't be doing that seeing they are closing in a few months. I'm glad I had the chance to try it for myself, but not so sad that it's going now.

DBF and I ate at Alfredo's 2 years ago on the dining plan. We both agreed it was the worst meal we had the whole 10 days we were there!! :sad1: I love ANY kind of Italian food and this had to be the worst I've ever eaten!! Compared to Alfredo's, Olive Garden is spectacular!! I'm glad they are closing and something new is moving in there....it's about time!

does anyone know what is going in there? I assume another Italian resturant. Why would this one be any better or worse though?

Wow, sorry so many of you have had bad experiences there! When we went, November 06, it was wonderful. :thumbsup2 Great service, food was delicious, our entire party of 8 loved it and there are a few picky eaters in our group. ;) I was very sad to hear it was closing, hopefully they will have another great place there when we go back.

We love Alfredo's! However, I've never had authentic Italian food to compare either. I was sad to see that it is going out.

That's the beauty of WDW. Different tastes for different people. We personally hate the restaurant in Mexico.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I've been to Alfredo's twice with my family, including my mother and father who are from Italy, and we all really liked it. Now, I'm not saying that it was the best Italian meal I've ever had, not by a long shot, but we all agreed that it was enjoyable and and overall a fun meal. I wouldn't change my ADR so quickly. I think it's worth experiencing before it closes.

My family and I ate there last September. I say we pretty much enjoyed our meal, I don't think it was anything spectacular, but it wasn't horrible for us. I think restaurants can have off nights so I think sometimes you don't get the best there is to offer, especially if you are there during a busy time, but I still don't think that is an excuse. My DH, Brother, Dad had the fettucini, and they all loved it, except my Husband I guess didn't eat quickly enough and it started to congele. I had the lasagna which I thought was pretty good. I forget what my sister in law had, but she seemed to like it. It also could have been that we were really hungry that night, who knows. I hope whatever they replace it with is better.

Thanks for the info!

We were really looking forward to trying Alfredos for the first time this summer....but now I'm reconsidering.

I'm sad because the Japanese restaurant will be closed while we are there so Alfredo's was our substitute. Now what will we do?

Mexico? Suggestions?

(We're already doing Canada)

Thanks for the info!

We were really looking forward to trying Alfredos for the first time this summer....but now I'm reconsidering.

I'm sad because the Japanese restaurant will be closed while we are there so Alfredo's was our substitute. Now what will we do?

Mexico? Suggestions?

I've never eaten in Mexico, so I'm not too sure how it is, although the inside of the restaurant is gorgeous. How about the Biergarten in Germany? It's a buffet; DBF and I ate there 2 years ago. He thought it was just alright but I thought it was pretty good. I've also heard Rose and Crown in UK is good. We are thinking of making one of our ADR's for there. If you plan the timing right, you might be able to get an outside table for Illuminations.

Thanks for the info!

Mexico? Suggestions?

There are quite a few restaraunts in the Epcot Resort Area like Spoodles or the Yachtsman Steakhouse, and several very highly regarded restaraunts at the Swan &r Dolphin Resorts. It would be a short, leisurely boat ride from the International Gateway.

The last time I ate at Alfredo's, which was one of my favorite restaurants in the World, it was also disappointing. The food was mediocre at best and the service was extremely bad. I am glad to see a new restaurant going in that spot.

We almost ate there, but the staff was so rude, it was unreal. We left without ordering. My wife, who is 1/2 Italian, said she hoped people don't judge all Italians by the way the staff was behaving. Happy to see them close. Buh Bye

I completely agree that Alfredo's is TERRIBLE! We have dined there 3x in the last 10-12 years and every time it's been a disappointment. I honestly don't know what authentic Italian is, but I can say that I've had better food at home and at the Olive Garden, authentic or not. I cannot imagine that a true homemade slow-cooked pot of tomato sauce could possibly be so bland and tasteless; the pasta so mushy and boring in presentation. I'm glad to see that they are being taken over by someone else; we may give it another try after that transition.

I would totally not waste an ADR on it. But honestly, we aren't crazy about any of the Epcot park restaurants anymore. They all seem to have pretty mediocre food. Sometimes I think you can do better at a resort restaurant.:confused3

We ate there last week and included it as my older daughter's birthday dinner. (20). She loves Italian food so it was a natural choice for her. I had pre ordered a cake for her a few weeks in advance for the occasion.

Our food was iffy at best...(Dining plan). The lasagne was bad (almost stone cold), the sausage dish had enough cream to start a dairy, and the vodka sauce dish was plain at best.

I have to say though I was more dissapointed in the service than anything. Our waitress spoke so quickly we had to have her repeat the specials twice. She only came around once more to see what we wanted for desert...otherwise she was MIA. The "helper/bus girl" who spoke very little english did a better job of waiting on us, than our actual waitress. I felt cheated on this meal just because of the 18% tip the DDP automatically gives. She was definately not worth the 18%.

To top it all off, the cake I had pre-ordered for my daughter came out as the wrong one. :confused: I ended up with the standard 6 inch chocolate cake, instead of the special Pirate theme cake I had ordered.

I have a feeling that the staff know they are on the way out (closing) and have given up trying to please the patrons. A real dissappointment all around (although in fairness, the substitiute cake was not too bad)

Oh well...Ce la vie! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter