? Those who stayed at Hojos from 2/27-3/5

Vougar

Earning My Ears
I'm planning our first trip ever to Disneyland for the 1st two weeks of March of 2012. Wife and I decided to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary by taking the family to Southern California and spending about 1 wk at Disneyland and the 2nd week at SeaWord, San Diego Zoo and other attractions.

Our girls will be 4 and 2 1/2 and they love to play in the water. How was the weather this past week at Disneyland? Was there many young kids playing at Pirates Cove at the Hojo? One of the main reasons why we are considering staying at the Hojo is due to the appeal of the water park.

Also how were the crowd levels at Disneyland from 2/27 - 3/5?

Thank you

I'm planning our first trip ever to Disneyland for the 1st two weeks of March of 2012. Wife and I decided to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary by taking the family to Southern California and spending about 1 wk at Disneyland and the 2nd week at SeaWord, San Diego Zoo and other attractions.

Our girls will be 4 and 2 1/2 and they love to play in the water. How was the weather this past week at Disneyland? Was there many young kids playing at Pirates Cove at the Hojo? One of the main reasons why we are considering staying at the Hojo is due to the appeal of the water park.

Also how were the crowd levels at Disneyland from 2/27 - 3/5?

Thank you

We overlooked Pirate Cove and it was not too busy. I think the most was like 7 or 8 other kids there at the same time. But I thought that was perfect becuase my girls got to play with more kids.

Crowds at DL.. I was there two weeks ago and they were not horrible.. Early mornings and evenings were amazing.. sereral rides we were able to stay on for a second, or third go around

Crowd levels at DL in February and early March are usually pretty light (for DL standards anyway). The weather can be hit or miss this time of the year. It won't be cold, but it can vary from clear and summer like to cooler and raining. It's beautiful here today - clear as can be and it is supposed to be in the mid-70s on the coast (warmer inland).

I was just there @HoJo's, SUN and MON, it was pretty crowded but I do not think it was sold out. My room was on the 2nd floor of building 2 over looking the pool and the pool was packed both days I was there. BUT let me tell you as far as Sun and Mon, the lines were very doable at the Parks.

I think that is a fine time to go.

I wouldn't plan for next year's weather based on what happened this year. SoCal weather is SO unpredictable. For example, today it is 75 and sunny, but just a few days ago we had a high in the 50's and there were extreme high winds and rain. Since I see you'll be coming from WA, your "warm" is likely much less than my "warm", but there is definitely no guarantee that it will be swimming weather.

Thank you for all your input, I really appreciate it. I've been reading HydroGuys links and came across one of the average temperatures in Disneyland. It looks like that the end of Feb. beginning of March has an avg high of high 60s to low 70s. However, as mentioned I understand that the weather can be unpredictable. I was concerned that if we are able to experience the avg. temps like 68-72 is that too cold for the typical 2 - 4 yr old? Do many 2 -4 yr olds play in Castaway Cove this time of year? The last thing I want is for them to get sick at the beginning of our trip.

Brookies Mommy and others. If you don't mind I would like to hear your thoughts on what you like and didn't like about going this time of year compared to other times. I read through HydroGuy's links on the advantages/disadvantages of off-season vs busy times but I would like to hear about your personal experience.

Thanks

...there Feb 21-March 1 this year and Feb 10-15 last year.

We used the pool way more last year...the kids only went once this year it was way too cold outside. The weather was much better last year.

Our kids love the dumping water from the big bucket ; might be a but much for your youngest one though. There is a smaller wading pool at the opposite end from the hot tub that would probably be nice for that age though. My kids are 7-11. The used it exstinsively last year . Then ever they have gone there have been a fairly broad mix of ages of kids; enough to have fin with without feeling crowded.

...high season verses low season....I have never done in summer / Christmas type high season.... we have done some busier days though president's day week...

My kids were much , much happier on slower days the lines were much more manageable and there was less waiting around...were they dissapointed stuff was closed absolutely; would they take the closures for short lines...in a heart beat. given the ages of your kids you wil likely spend a fair bit of time in Fantasyland...those lines are long even on slow days.

Make sure you look at next years calendar and see when Easter falls and take that into consideration also.

I was just there last week, Mar 2-5 with a 4 & 6 year old. Wednesday was a fabulous day to be in the park, very minimal line-ups. The kids loved being able to get off a favorite ride and basically get right back on. Thursday was a good day as well in term of crowds. Friday was noticeably busier but not terrible. I'd say the only drawback to going this time of year was having things closed (Critter Country) and only one night during our stay for fireworks (Fri), but it didn't detract from the trip at all.

We found it too cold for the pool until Friday. They loved Pirate's Cove. The weather warmed up a lot the next day - while we were on our way to the airport!

My kids were much , much happier on slower days the lines were much more manageable and there was less waiting around...were they dissapointed stuff was closed absolutely; would they take the closures for short lines...in a heart beat. given the ages of your kids you wil likely spend a fair bit of time in Fantasyland...those lines are long even on slow days.

I agree!

Funny these were the exact dates we were at Hojo's this year. :)

When we go to DL, we always go the first week or so of March. The crowds are great, although the weekends are very busy I think anytime you go. We never plan a trip or hotel for that matter around a pool. Living in California, we have access to a pool very easily. I don't have access to DL easily, therefore my trip is planned for DL, not the pool. Although this year I did pack my sons bathing suit for maybe our last day. We never got around to it and he honestly never even asked to do it. I prefer this time of year, even with the shorter hours and less entertainment.

Great to see everyone's comments on HoJo - we have reservations in Oct for a week. We've never stayed here, really looking forward to it.

Great to see everyone's comments on HoJo - we have reservations in Oct for a week. We've never stayed here, really looking forward to it.

We were there in oct a couple years back, and going again this year. We will be there from the 17th of oct to the 27th. It was quite warm last time we went.

My daughter will pool herself blue, and always would, so I am no judge of the joys of Pirate's cove. But as everyone has said, the weather in S. Cal is far too variable to predict. It can be 60 or 80, really.

Your time frame for visiting DL sounds good. Weekends are always crazy, but take advantage of low crowds in the mornings, perhaps waterplay when the day is as hot as it will get?

Do have fun!!!

Legoland in San Diego has a waterpark area as well if the weather is turning nicer as you head towards the second week of your vacation.

We were there in oct a couple years back, and going again this year. We will be there from the 17th of oct to the 27th. It was quite warm last time we went.

Just gonna miss each other. We will be there from the 8th - 15th. I've always wanted to go during Halloween. Kiddo's looking forward to it. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter