Those Who Have Used the QSDP...

I got some great desserts on the QSDP. Creme Brulee at WPE, chocolate brownie/cake with peanut butter cream, HUGE 7 layer bar, butterfinger cheesecake. I tried the "different" desserts while my husband opted for things like cookies or cakes.

I am trying to figure out if we will come out ahead. It is my parents, my 14 yr old son and myself. we are going to be there 3 nights before our cruise so will stick to counter service. We would use 1 snack for breakfast and then have dinner and lunch. We are staying at the Beach club and my parents do not plan to go to the parks. Any help would be appreciated

Im going to use the QSDP for the first time this May and I already love it. Who doesnt like prepaid food with dessert included? Even if you dont like the prepacked cakes/frosting ice cream is always offered as a dessert on the QSDP so when you need an ice cream fix get it with your meal and use your snack credits for really delicious snacks like at main st bakery ,goofy's candy co at dtd...epcot etc or use your snack for breakfast and bring down your refillable mug and you have breakfast! Who doesnt like a ooey gooey cinnabon or croisant in the morning ?!

:confused3

I have the QSDP as 29.99 per adult and 8.99 per child??? Is this not correct??
Robin B where are you getting your prices?? Has this gone up?

Yes, it's on the QSDP, the 10% is included if you're on the dining plan.

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure if it would include the gratuity or not!!! Now I know that we will definitely go there this summer using the QSDP!

For 2010, I've heard the 10% gratuity is no longer covered with the DDP. Maybe someone can update that. One way to avoid paying it, is to carry out your food. However, it may be worth just paying the gratuity. Either way, we plan to stop by Pepper Market in August. Favorite CS locations are WPE, POR/POFQ, Earl of Sandwich, Poly, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, and Sunshine Seasons.

Ooooo... so I will check back to be sure it is covered! Thanks for the extra info!

:confused3

I have the QSDP as 29.99 per adult and 8.99 per child??? Is this not correct??
Robin B where are you getting your prices?? Has this gone up?

I found the following prices listed online:
The Quick Service Dining Plan:
Adults (Ages 10+) : $31.99 per day (up $2.00 from 2009)
Children: (Ages 3-9): $ 9.99 per day (up $1.00 from 2009)

The PP's prices are correct. I think the 9.99 is worth it because we "paid" over $4.00 (CS) and over $4.00 (CS) for dinner. It was almost like the snacks were freebies. My DD always picked one of the pricier snacks!

I don't think you should go without using QSDP. When we went last year, it definitely saved us money. We ate what we wanted and never had trouble finding things we liked. It was plenty of food, plus we had the snack credits. We weren't using them fast enough, so we just started getting water and soft drinks with them, which also saves a lot of money over OOP. If we had watched every penny and been willing to venture off-property for dinner, I guess we would have saved money, but it would have been a less-than-Disney experience. We are sold on the plan, which suits our family perfectly.

We had the QSDP and found something at each park for lunch and sometimes for dinner.

At MK we at lunch at Columbia Harbor House. The tuna sandwich was really good.

At Epcot we had lunch one day at Electric Umbrella. The caesar salad was so-so. DD liked the cheeseburger though.

We ate dinner at Lotus Blossom Cafe, and I felt the food was just awful. However, the pastries at Boulangerie Patisserie made up for that. The next day at Epcot we ate at Sunshines Seasons and their food choices and flavors were very good.

Next time, we're going to try Tangierine Cafe.

AK has Flametree BBQ chicken and ribs, very tasty.

At HS we ate at ABC Commissary, mainly because my son needed a vegan option. When I did my research, prior to our trip, that was the only counter service restaurant I could find on the lists, that offered a vegetarian meal. The food there was nothing spectacular.

On our next trip, I think we might go to a different resort than our own for lunch, then come back for the afternoon at HS.

We ate dinner several times at our resort, POFQ, and ordered pizza delivery a couple times, because we were just to beat to go out again for food.

For us the QSDP was a good deal. We could order what we wanted, and not worry about prices. We also split some meals, when we weren't particularly hungry. That stretched out the meals too, so we could eat breakfast every morning.

We have used it twice and really like it. While I am not sure how much money we saved, we liked it because it was easy and I knew how much my food would cost.

We are not all big dessert eaters either, so for either our lunch or dinner, we would get "fruit" for dessert and save it. The next morning, we would use a snack credit to get a muffin, bagel, danish, etc. to add to the fruit and that was our breakfast.

And, we most often did one meal in the park and one at the resort. We did a split stay last summer, so our resort meals were a variety as we were at BWV, BLT, and VWL.

And, we always got the refillable mugs anyway so it worked out nicely. Matter of fact, even with the plan, some meals were big enough to share and we ended up saving enough credits so the kids could have a full breakfast the last day before heading to the airport. We also had a few snack credits left that allowed them to get something to take on the plane.

And, depending on where you eat, you can spend a lot more than the price of the plan. We ate at WPE in DTD one night the bill came to around $80.00 for the 4 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter