Those who have been--California Grill

lovetotravel07

Mouseketeer
I know we've probably touched this already and I have read Disney's description but those that have actually eaten at California Grill. What did you wear and what were the majority dressed liked? Mostly concerned with the men!

Trying to assess whether my husband needs a jacket this trip. Trying to pack a lot lighter than normal since we have a longer than normal trip!

California Grill is falls under the category of "business casual" which means no shorts, t-shirts, hats, swimsuits, swim coveralls, tank tops, torn clothing, or flip flops. Victoria and Albert's may be the only restaurant that requires a jacket.

We eat at CG on every trip. My DH always brings a good pair of khakis or the like and 1-2 good short sleeved button down kind of shirts - usuallly plaid or stripe. He can get away with his loafers or topsiders.

It's my DD teens that I have trouble with. They have no problem putting on a skirt or a dress -but they live in flip flops at WDW which drives me crazy. So CG always creates a shoe crisis for them.

Have a wonderful dinner. The food at CG is the best. It's by far our favorite meal each time we visit WDW.

We've ate at California Grill twice and there's no need to wear a jacket. My husband wore trousers and a collared shirt, and seemed to fit with what other diners were wearing.

what about shoes? DB lives in trainers (sneakers) mostly.

I don't think they are prohibited. I know my teens where sneaker type shoes instead of flip flops....so you'll probably be okay.

California Grill is falls under the category of "business casual" which means no shorts, t-shirts, hats, swimsuits, swim coveralls, tank tops, torn clothing, or flip flops. Victoria and Albert's may be the only restaurant that requires a jacket.

You can wear shorts, just no cut-off or jean shorts. I always wear shorts while in Disney and don't change to go to dinner. I'm definately not out of place either when it comes to wearing them.

The actual policy is a little more lax:

Disney said:
Dress Code Guidelines:
Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.

NOT permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While t-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that t-shirts with offensive language and/or graphics are not acceptable.

Hi !

We have been to CG a few times and been a bit nervous about dress code , but usually have worn smart casual and noted that other diners were dressed more casually!

In 2007 our DS was 17 and insisted on dressing in 'his style' which included torn jeans !

When we arrived there was a notice on the reception desk which ran through the usual dress restrictions , and guess what was the last comment? ..... No torn clothing!

We were staying at the GF and although he could have gone back to change , we thought what the heck , lets see how we get on.....imagine the scene , I was mortified and my DH just said , 'well its his problem'!

So we emerged from the lift and my DH said to DS to keep behind him and LOL they were like something out of a cartoon walking in perfect synchronisation like shadows !

We got to out table and as usual it was wonderful , food , service and followed by wishes - what a night!

But I wouldn't recommend the risk on dress code , you never know!

We are indulging ourselves ( again!) and going in July this year ( can't wait!) hopefully DS will be more co-operative or it will be the shadow game again!!

You will have a great time!

as we say in Scotland arrabest!

Jean:cool1:

I go to California Grill and the other signature restaurants often. Although they are very specific in telling patrons the standards, they are never enforced. I have seen people many times in sweaty tank top park wear, I don't think there are any shoe police, either.

I like to dress nicely for nice dinners. Someone wearing a tank top or flip flops does not hinder my enjoyment, I just think they look a little out of place. No suit coats expected except at V&A.

I appreciate your help and so will my husband. He was insisting no sport coats it's Florida!LOL (casual and hot, in his opinion!!!!)

I appreciate your help and so will my husband. He was insisting no sport coats it's Florida!LOL (casual and hot, in his opinion!!!!)

We have eaten at California Grill twice in the last two years and both times I wore dress shorts, a polo shirt and sneakers and did not feel out of place at all.

There is only so much room in your suitcases with a family of four and with the hot Florida weather there is definitely no room for long pants or dress shoes.

We were there in Aug, and I wore a golf shirt, shorts and sandals. I would say that the majority of the other males there wore something similar. Have fun !! :thumbsup2

My DH and DS wear khakis and polo shirts and they fit right in with the rest of the crowds. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter