Those w/Baby Jogger Mini/Micro who have gone to WDW

mom2minniemouse

I believe in Tag Fairies and Diet Coke.
I need your imput. After searching all over the Dis, I am still wondering if it would be better for me to buy a stroller lock or to remove one of the wheels when we're on rides. I'm thinking the stroller lock would be useless since the wheels come right off.... (I mean, if someone wants it badly enough, they can pop off the wheels and cut the cable at home. LOL!)

I know it's not an "expensive" stroller, but I have saved for months to get mine, so to me it's expensive. LOL! I already have stroller tags with our name on them, but I will NOT be able to relax if I am worried about the stroller, kwim?

Honestly, I have never done either. If you are that worried about your stroller don't bring it. If you'll worry about it while you are on a ride, then you'll worry when you're on the plane or resort bus......Go buy cheapie that you won't worry one minute over.

On a side not about joggers. Unless it has a pivotting front wheel, don't bring it anyway. People stop short and cut you off alot at WDW and you need to be able to turn on a dime.

I don't think you need to worry about your stroller getting stolen. It may get moved by a CM, but chances of getting stolen are slim to none.

As to the previous poster's concern about a jogging stroller, the stoller the OP is considering taking is not a "true jogging" stroller - it has much smaller wheels & the front wheel does pivot. It is actually the same stroller that 2 Orlando-area stroller rental companies rent out to tourists.

On that note - to the OP, you will want to make sure there is something on your stroller to help you identify it, and to make sure someone doesn't mix it up with theirs, since there are so many City Mini's at WDW these days :)

I have taken my BJ City Classic/Elite to WDW for the past 2.5 years and have never had a problem or removed a wheel, locked etc. The CM's need to be able to move the strollers in the parking areas so removing a wheel is probably not a viable option, plus then you have to lug on of the rear wheels around with you on the rides :eek:. I wouldn't worry about the stroller too much, you have said it will be clearly marked, etc. We have done over 15 trips with Maclaren's and Baby Joggers and have never had a problem.

I'll be taking my double City Mini Jogger with us on our trip. It never one time crossed my mind that someone would steal it. I would not worry about it.

And yes, it is an expensive stroller. I had to put mine on layaway, and I haven't ordered the accessories that I need/want for it yet. All of which will add up to $100. (More than a lot of people spend on a stroller!)

Just mark your stroller! Make it very obvious, and maybe even put something on it that would make people NOT want your stroller. YKWIM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter