Those that have done the 3 day Cruise...

msbinky

Earning My Ears
I am planning the Land and Sea Vacation and can not decide between the 3 day or 4 day sea. The 3 day fits better into our schedule and will not require kids to miss school but I just don't know if this is enough. On the other hand I am worried as this will be our first cruise ever! Possible that that 4th day at sea may not be enjoyable? Perhaps just doing a little shoppingat Nassau and exploring the ship would be enough? I don't know I am so excited to book but I just can not make up my mind?! Any suggestions? Experiences? Thanks!:earseek:

Personally, I prefer the 4 day Land, 3 Day Sea. If that is the only 7 days you are going to spend on the vacation, then 3 days on land, at the parks is just not enough time. Although the ship is great, I personally would rather spend an extra day at the parks than at sea. Just my two cents.:D

The 3 day will whet your whistle but most people find they wish they had more time even on the 4 day. Many book the land and sea separately to give themselves more flexibility in resorts and dates. Have a nice trip whatever you decide. :boat:

We did the 3 day first and it just wasn't enough. Yet, even the 4 day may feel that way. If you only have 7 days and the 3 day cruise fits best in your schedule than I would do that. There is NO way I would want to only spend 3 days at WDW. What park would I miss? How could we go back and visit our favorite rides? See Illuminations twice? And depending on whether you have ever been to WDW or not, I think 3 days there is WAY too short. At least with 3 days on the ship you won't feel like you didn't "walk all the way around the ship at least once or eat in every restaurant. " You will just want to go again!! You will enjoy your trip no matter what you decide!!

I booked the 3 day for this coming December since my husband and son hadn't ever cruised and the last time I did was when I was 9 (oh so many years ago). It was a "let's see if we like cruising" decision. Well, at the spur of the moment we decided to take a cruise this summer on Voyager of the Seas - 5 days to Canada from Bayonne New Jersey.

We discovered we absolutely love cruising and even 5 days wasn't enough. but then again, 3 days is better than none and if it works best with your schedule, go for it. You can always do another longer cruise some other time.

If you have never been to WDW before, then I would do the three day. If you have been to disney before then do the 4 day cruise.

We did a quick three day after we had done a 7 day...and the three day just wasn't enough. Missed the day at sea more than we possibly thought we could. There just wasn't enough time on the ship. We loved nassau..had a blast. Castaway Cay is great.

Whatever way you chose..you are sure to have a wonderful time!

I had to make the same decision. I decided to take the 3 day cruise next January. We just went to the WDW this spring and my boys have so many things they either missed or want to do again. They opted for extra day in the parks. We only have 6 days of vacation time. With the 4 day cruise, we can only spend one day at the parks before cruise. With the 3 day cruise, we have most of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (our flight is after 7 pm in the evening). So we actually have almost 3 days for the parks. I do realize after reading all the 3 day trip reports that 3 days is too short. Then we will just have to go back::yes::

DH and I have done the 7 day Land and Sea package. 4 days in the parks and 3 days at sea - we had a blast!!! We had time to do almost everything we wanted to do in the parks (of course you could spent 2 weeks in WDW and STILL find new things to do) and we were able to really explore the ship and had tons of fun in Nassau and Castaway Cay. We are planning on going again October 2005.

We did the 4 day land/3 day sea this past April - and wish we had done it in the reverse - we would have loved to have the additional day on the cruise. (It was our first time cruising, and we had chosen to do the 3 day just in case we didn't like it . ) I would say it depends on the ages of your children - ours are teens, and knew exactly what they wanted to do and what could be skipped at the parks. By going to the parks early, and being organized, we were able to do everything they wanted to do, but to be honest, we were exhausted by the time the cruise came.

Then, on the cruise, we were up and off the ship fairly early in Nassau for the excursion to snorkling with the stingrays - we didn't get back to the ship until late afternoon. The following day was at CC, which is so gorgeous you never want to leave. Then it was back to the ship to have dinner, pack and try to enjoy what's left of the evening. We really would have liked a day at sea to enjoy the ship - 3 days was just too rushed. If I ever do 3 day again, i will stay on the ship in Nassau - we were just not impresses with Nassau. Next trip will hopefully be a 7 day - it is just one awesome trip!

Our first cruise was a 3 day. We decided on a 3 day because we didn't know what to expect. We had spent a few days in Disney first. It was a lot of fun. We've since done a 4 day and 7 day. You'll definitely want to go again.

I am thinking about a 3 day Cruise myself. Just wondering if I should do 3 or 4.

I really liked the 4 day because it gives you that last day at sea to relax and do the things you didn't have time for during the first couple of days.

I like the four day better than the three day because I like the day at sea. Its an extra day to relax and enjoy the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter