Those that have been asking about crowd calendars and such...(free site)

Damien2213

Mouseketeer
I found this site for the first time tonight. Here is a link. Maybe this will be helpful. http://**************.net/

Oh my goodness! We are going the least crowded week of the year! And the 2nd crowded was the week of our honeymoon in 2007! Thank you for posting this. It made my day (not a great day overall, to be sure, but still!) :thumbsup2

Great information. Thanks for sharing.

I am just about to plan our very own trip. ;)

I find it interesting that they list the first two week of Dec. being the busiest time of Dec. to go, and the last two weeks of Dec. being the least. Doesn't ring true does it? :confused3
I'm not reading that wrong am I??

ill be there for the 5th and 7th best weeks. hope that translates accurately:)

Fellow dizzers-- http://**************.net is my site, which I manage in my spare time away from my "real" job! Disboards denizens know more than anyone, and have provided great criticism, corrections and suggestions in the past, so I look forward to hearing from you.

(PS I know the look and feel stinks...hope to update in October, shooting for a look and feel more like that say at http://WheretoFindHelp.org )

One note on the "weeks to visit ranked in order." See this: http://**************.net/planning-...st-dates/2010-weeks-to-visit-ranked-in-order/ This ranking (and my entire site...) is designed for a. first time visitors, who b. (and more important) do not know whether or not they will ever return.

Because of point b especially, some weeks that are great for returning visitors, but not for those who may never return, are low-ranked in my rankings.

E.g I ding January and early Feb for my target niche, as this is the most common time of widespread ride closures for rehab, and first time visitors who may not return are better off going at a time when fewer rides are likely to be closed.

These Jan and early Feb weeks are great weeks (other than the holiday weekends) for those who aren't worried about the "ever return" issue!

Dave

I find it interesting that they list the first two week of Dec. being the busiest time of Dec. to go, and the last two weeks of Dec. being the least. Doesn't ring true does it? :confused3
I'm not reading that wrong am I??

Millie--I certainly didn't intend to create this impression!! Can you tell me what you saw that led you to this conclusion, and I'll fix it as soon as I can!! Thanks Dave

PS I'm guessing that it's the angled dates on the chart. 12/19 lines up with the first of the two really tall red bars...but may look like it lines up with the earlier December weeks??

Millie--I certainly didn't intend to create this impression!! Can you tell me what you saw that led you to this conclusion, and I'll fix it as soon as I can!! Thanks Dave

PS I'm guessing that it's the angled dates on the chart. 12/19 lines up with the first of the two really tall red bars...but may look like it lines up with the earlier December weeks??

Dave~

Please let me first say....that in no way was I trying to be snarky, I promise. <holding up scouts honor> :)
And you got it right in your P.S., the angles make it look like the first two weeks are the busiest and the last two weeks of Dec. are the least busy.
This is why I asked if I was looking at it wrong. I truly didn't mean to alarm you or offend, just commenting on what it looked like to me.

To all that have read this thread and poor Dave (who's now recovering from a cardiac episode because of me), please allow me to apologize for causing any confusion. My blonde roots were tickling my brain today so when I looked at the angles of the months and the red lines I didn't realize there was a date attatched to the front of the month listed!!! MY APOLOGIZES!!!
Dave...will you forgive me? lol :flower3:

Dave listed the projected months and dates as they should be. :thumbsup2

To all that have read this thread and poor Dave (who's now recovering from a cardiac episode because of me), please allow me to apologize for causing any confusion. My blonde roots were tickling my brain today so when I looked at the angles of the months and the red lines I didn't realize there was a date attatched to the front of the month listed!!! MY APOLOGIZES!!!
Dave...will you forgive me? lol :flower3:

Dave listed the projected months and dates as they should be. :thumbsup2

Millie, you are very sweet to apologize, but there's no need to!

First of all you weren't snarky at all! (I've been snarked...I know snark...)

Second, you identified a real problem, and I thank you for it!! If you misread my page, then others could too*...and the last thing in the world I'd wanna do is have first time vistors thinking xmas week and new years week are low-crowd times to go!!!

Will have a revised version that takes out the angly dates and makes them vertical posted in five minutes. If you have a chance, take a look and see if you think this will fix the problem.

Thanks again for so un-snarkily making me aware of a real problem!!

All the best Dave

*At times all of us are blond...but bad design by people like me shouldn't be an added source of peroxide!!

Hello David,

Thanks for this site. Our week in April looks good:thumbsup2 You even bolded our week:cool1:

Thank you for creating this Website -- very useful! I am thinking of going in the early Feb weeks. Would you say the weather would be another caveat to going in those weeks? Will the temps be too cold to do the waterparks?

Thanks again!

I lived in FL for 27 years, February is the coldest month. I don't think I could recommend a water park during that time. Average high is 72 & low is 49. I think you would be pretty cold getting off the rides and walking around. HTH

Kim

I lived in FL for 27 years, February is the coldest month. I don't think I could recommend a water park during that time. Average high is 72 & low is 49. I think you would be pretty cold getting off the rides and walking around. HTH

Kim

With highs in the upper 60s to 70s that would be awesome that time of the year. Many of us deal with much colder temps so for us it would be a great time to go.

Thank you for creating this Website -- very useful! I am thinking of going in the early Feb weeks. Would you say the weather would be another caveat to going in those weeks? Will the temps be too cold to do the waterparks?

Thanks again!

I agree with a couple of the posters—yes it can be cold in Orlando in February, and yes it depends on compared to what!!

My advice is that while I wouldn’t count on it being nice enough for a water park…there is certainly a good chance it will be, and the further north you come from the more so that chance exists!

The problem with winter weather at WDW is not just average temperatures but also variability around those averages. I try to help with this in a couple of pages of my section on weather and when to go—which begins here: http://**************.net/planning-...to-go/next-best-dates/weather-and-when-to-go/

The thumbnail on this page addresses the chance (based on 20 years of data) that a given day will have a high of a certain level: http://**************.net/planning-...-and-when-to-go/high-temperatures-year-round/
It can be hard to interpret (I welcome suggestions on better ways to present the data!!)

The takeaway: for a mid-February day, there’s an 80% chance the high will be 70 or higher, a 50% chance it’ll be 75 or higher, and a 20% chance it’ll be 85 or higher.

This misses, however, the issue that the best predictor of tomorrow’s weather is today’s—that is that multiday cold fronts can roll in, etc. So this page http://**************.net/planning-...en-to-go/pool-days-november-through-february/ suggests based on the same data set what the chances are of 3 or more, 5 or more, or 7 or more days with highs of 75 or higher over the course of a 9-day trip.

The takeaway: for mid February, there’s about a 90% chance you’ll have 3 or more days with highs 75 or higher, a 60% chance of 5 or more, and a 35% chance of 7 or more days with highs greater than 75.

This same chart also suggests that the chance of warmer days really starts going up in mid-February. This may be an artifact of the small (20 year) data set…it may also be part of the reason why WDW resort prices skyrocket in mid-February!!

Hope this helps and have a great trip!! Dave

PS: If you do end up going in mid-Feb, avoid the President’s Day weekend if you at all can.

Dave, what a great site!! I love how quickly and easily you can get to the information you need.

I agree with weather in February, also. Coming from Wisconsin in February, I would definitely not want it much warmer than upper 70's. We've gone twice in February and had great weather. We went to a water park with friends from Florida and they said it was too cold, but we thought it was plenty warm to swim.

I was very happy to see the report of low crowds the last week of October. I was a little worried about crowds for Halloween and Epcot's F&W festival.

Heck yes! We're going the #1 week! :cool1: We arrive on Dec. 5 and leave the 13th. I'm glad it's ranked so well because I know that DH and I will return (again and again and again.....) but I'm not sure when/if my parents (who are travelling with us) will return, so hopefully this trip will have the ideal conditions to make them want to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter