• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Those of you who've been to WDW Thanksgiving week....

DreaminDisney

<font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL
Where did you dine on Thanksgiving day and/or where would you recommend?

Editing this to mention our kids will be 7 and 10.

We were there for Thanksgiving 2004. We went to Chef Mickey's for dinner. It was very nice. We're going there again this Thanksgiving. I guess we're in a rut!

My extended family celebrated Thanksgiving dinner at the Crystal Palace. It was the best meal that we had all week. There was 17 of us ranging from 65 year old grandparents to my 2 year old daughter. I highly recommend the Crystal Palace.

It has become a Thanksgiving tradition for us that when we are in WDW for Thanksgiving (3 times thus far), we eat at LTT on Thanksgiving Day. We love the atmosphere and the kids love the characters.

We ate at Artist Point and loved it. They had 3 choices for the appetizer, main course, and dessert. The service, food, and atmosphere were all great. A funny little story about it since I see you're from near Chicago. We had DMIL with us, who lives in Gurnee. Our server recognized her accent and asked where she's from (I've gotta admit, I didn't notice a distinctive accent). When she told him, it turns out he's from Lake Forest! What a coincidence-like she said, "Come all the way to WDW to meet your neighbors!"

Thanks for suggestions. Leaning toward CP or LTT. Have never been to LTT so many mixed reviews for that place.........
We've been to Chef Mickeys for breakfast once and felt so rushed and just got a bad feel for the place but willing to give it a 2nd chance :)

I also thought CRT would be fun but DS who will be 10 didn't like idea :(

Simba's Mom, We actually just went to Great America in Gurnee a couple days ago. It's a small world :wave2:

I really hope you already have ADRs and just trying to decide between them. If not, you're going to be searching for a cancellation for all of those. LTT is the hot spot for Thanksgiving and books completely the first 30 min. the phone lines are open. I called last week knowing I was really late, but we're trying to decide whether or not to go to WDW for Thanksgiving. CP was totally booked as was CM. We found availability at Garden Grill, Yacht Club Galley, Akershus (princesses), and 50's PT (8 pm). I tried but found nothing at Boma, Cape May, 1900 PF, OHana, WCC, CM, CP, LTT. May you fare better than I did.

My (soon to be) husband and I are going to have our Thanksgiving dinner at Jiko. They'll have their regular menu along with a special Thanksgiving menu. I understand a lot of restaurants will have special meals on that day.

We had THanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickey in '04 also!! We were seated in the upper level, by the windows. I thought it wouldn't be so great up there, but it was wonderful. The sun setting was beautiful, the characters all made their way to us, it was quieter than the main floor, and our server was very attentive. My dh isn't crazy about turkey, so he was happy since he got his roast beef, dd had the requiste mac and cheese, and I had turkey and all the fixin's...it was really better than I had thought it would be.

We have had Thanksgiving dinner at WL,O'Hana, and Tony's. Tony's was ok if you got the traditional Thanksgiving meal. Some of our party got meatballs and it wasn't very good. Everywhere else has been pretty good.

I booked Thanksgiving dinner at 1900 Park Fare a couple days ago. The only time they had available for 2 adults was 8:15pm.

Yesterday, I called and changed to Cape May and they had PLENTY of choices (I wanted something late in the afternoon, so I picked 3:30pm).

Chef Mickeys was booked solid.

We were able to get an ADR for a late lunch at Rose & Crown. They usually have a traditional T'giving menu that day, and it was recommended by someone here previously.

I called Monday and got ADR at Whispering Canyons at 5PM for 2 adults. I'm sure there are things still out there if you're flexible.

Last year we were there at Thanksgiving with a group of 14 and ate at O'Hana's. It was great, would definately recommend it.
They had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with a twist, a few different things. Everything was great. We had one picky eater and they accomodated them. THey also dimmed the lights so we could see hte fireworks show,
Highly recommend it.
:cool1:

Last year my husband and I ate at The Brown Derby. They had a wonderful traditional Thanksgiving dinner. This year we are going to the Spirit of Aloha.

We are just eating at Shutters since it is our arrival day and we are staying at CBR. I had Boma booked for about 3 weeks and just canceled it. I also booked CM a few days ago and canceled it today when we decided to stay at our resort. I did not have any problems booking any of them for a party of 3. Boma was at 7:20, CM was at 6:45 and now Shutters at 6:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter