Those of you there now...

mauigal

Yay! For the happiest place on earth!
or just got back, just one question....is it hotter than H*E double L right now or is it bearable? I'm an LA...dry heat kinda girl here & I'm going Thursday!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's been super hot! Humid and sticky. Saturday night after dark was still soooo hot. I hope it cools down soon.

I can only speak for Mississippi (but our weather is pretty much the same) and yes, it's hotter than H**L. it's like walking on the sun. And humid. :scared1: It's been in the high 90's w/ a heat index of about 105. (did I mention it was humid ??) :rotfl:

Pack lots of light colored and light weight clothing. Sandals and flip flops. Baby wipes are awesome because they'll cool you off in the parks. Maybe bring a light sweater if you're doing TS restaurants because the air conditioning is usually jacked up to HIGH. :goodvibes If your hair gets frizzy, I highly recommend Living Proof NO FRIZZ products.... I can't live without them. They keep me from looking like Monica in Jamaica. (on Friends) You might also want to bring ponchos just in case you get caught in an afternoon rain storm. ;)

Have a great vacation !!!!

We just got back on Saturday, and yes, it was hotter than H E double L. There were many days I took 3 showers and still felt sticky the second I walked outside.

Each morning I took a cool shower and pulled my hair back into a pony tail without drying it. That helped me feel a little cooler in the early morning. I put a washcloth in a ziplock bag and packed it with ice. It helped us cool off. It was especially refreshing to use that on the back of my neck. The washcloth actually remained cool through the morning and then I'd refresh it with more ice when we went back to the hotel after lunch. We also used a mister fan.

All but 2 days out of 9 we went back to the hotel mid-day to swim and cool off, then we would return to the parks late afternoon/early evening. It was still hot and sticky, but not as bad as the middle of the day.

We just got back on Saturday, and yes, it was hotter than H E double L. There were many days I took 3 showers and still felt sticky the second I walked outside.

Each morning I took a cool shower and pulled my hair back into a pony tail without drying it. That helped me feel a little cooler in the early morning. I put a washcloth in a ziplock bag and packed it with ice. It helped us cool off. It was especially refreshing to use that on the back of my neck. The washcloth actually remained cool through the morning and then I'd refresh it with more ice when we went back to the hotel after lunch. We also used a mister fan.

All but 2 days out of 9 we went back to the hotel mid-day to swim and cool off, then we would return to the parks late afternoon/early evening. It was still hot and sticky, but not as bad as the middle of the day.

OUCH!!! :eek: Good idea with the wash, baggie, ice thing!! May do that myself!!

I'm here now-and I'm a little disappointed! Its been wicked hot at home (CT) in the high 90s ALL summer. I get down here and its 78!!! I was expecting it to be REALLY hot and humid. I wouldn't even go NEAR the pool today! sat in the hot tub for 20 min! I have to say REALLY nice for visiting the parks, no so nice for swimming! We also had what seemed like a monsoon today! puddles 2 inches above my ankles! but FUN! looks like the weather is to warm up a bit by the end of the week!

Yeah, I'm in Arkansas, but the heat and humidity down here have been unrelenting for weeks. A truly miserable summer:sad2: But you will be at the Happiest Place on Earth, so it can't be that bad, right! Just drink lots of frozen lemonade (my fave) and have fun!

Just got back yesterday....hot and humid, YES! But, felt like summer would anywhere in the eastern half of the country. Of course, being from the West Coast, the humidity may be difficult for you. You are walking around on pavement/concrete all day, the temp is 95, the humidity level is 92 and the dewpoint is 77. You will feel slimy and sweaty, but you are going in and out of air conditioned attractions, so it's really no big deal. Sometimes those buildings are soooo cold you will be ready to get back outside!

Last Friday at EPCOT was just unbearable. It wasn't really all that humid but the sun was intense. We left around 2pm and went back to CBR and just sat in the pool, which felt more like a hot tub.

Went to MK around 7pm for our last night and it was much better. Not cool by any means but bearable.

Jemmi1218 - Don't complain - it was 65, windy and raining in CT today! Forecast for the next two days is the same . . what happened to our beautiful summer? I am preparing for the wicked heat when I head down to the World in a week.

Just got back 10pm CST last night. I talked to a CM from LA at the Christmas store at DTD. She said it was wet compared to the LA weather.

We just got back on Saturday, and yes, it was hotter than H E double L.

Same here. It was a heat index of 106 or something with the humidity. LOTS of free ice water, wet paper towels, mister fans, and breaks by 2 when we were absolutely exhausted from the heat. It was hot at night also, and we got only 1 rain shower all week - that made it HOTTER.

That said, we had a BLAST!!!!!!!! You will too...:yay:

I'm here now-and I'm a little disappointed! Its been wicked hot at home (CT) in the high 90s ALL summer. I get down here and its 78!!! I was expecting it to be REALLY hot and humid. I wouldn't even go NEAR the pool today! sat in the hot tub for 20 min! I have to say REALLY nice for visiting the parks, no so nice for swimming! We also had what seemed like a monsoon today! puddles 2 inches above my ankles! but FUN! looks like the weather is to warm up a bit by the end of the week!

You're kidding right? It was in the mid 90's today. It's 7:57pm and it's still 82 outside.

We got back on the 13th. Not only was it hotter than H E double hockey sticks, it was rainy a good portion of the time that week, too. We still had a great time, but I sure can't wait for my Fall/Winter visit!!

We got back yesterday.... I've gone quite a few times in August but this week was by far the worst! The heat index was around 106 most of last week and the rain the last few days didn't even help cool it off. The pools were not refreshing because the water was so warm.... Of course it figures that the hottest time I've ever been there was when I was 5.5 months pregnant! LOL!

We just got back yesterday. It was sooo blazing hot and humid for our entire 9 night stay. It really was awful, but I did manage. I was still at Disney and managed to still have a magical time! We would go to the parks early, and took advantage of extra magic hours. Just about all of the days we did go back to the pool in the afternoon, then back to the parks at night. While it was still very humid at night, it was more bearable since the sun was not out.

We drank lots and lots and lots and lots of water and went into ac when we needed to cool off. We ended up changing at least twice a day because of sweating and feeling icky.

We usually do not go during summer, and probably never will again, but we were still at Disney and loved it, hot/humid or whatever. :goodvibes

We got back yesterday.... I've gone quite a few times in August but this week was by far the worst! The heat index was around 106 most of last week and the rain the last few days didn't even help cool it off.

I totally agree. My husband was even gunning to leave a few days early. We usually go late Aug and this year seemed so much worse to us. In fact, we've decided that next year we will take DS out of school.

We did think the rain seemed better then usual though.

no, i wasn't kidding, its so much cooler than the summer in New England has been! I'm shocked, i thought it was going to be so much HOTTER than it has been!

We got back Sunday and there's no question that it was hot. It was in the mid 90's every day and the humidity was pretty bad particularly when it rained only briefly. It was 106 here today though so we can't win!

no, i wasn't kidding, its so much cooler than the summer in New England has been! I'm shocked, i thought it was going to be so much HOTTER than it has been!
Are you saying that it's been at least 95 degrees every day for the past four months in New England?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter