• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those familiar with Vancouver and Victoria BC

binny

do something that MATTERS!
Mom and I leave for Vancouver/Victoria in a couple of weeks and I was curious what your favourite things there to do are?

My must do list is:

Vancouver:

Stanley Park

The Aquarium

China Town

Gas town

Ikea ;) ( we dont have one here :( )

The Bridge

Victoria:

The BC Museum

Butchart Gardens

the rink ;) personal deal there LOL

Theres a great coffee place that I havent been to in years that is right downtown that I will have to go to.

The Empress ( though I will pass on the Tea this time around $55. YIKES!)

So what are your favourite things to do in Vancouver/Victoria?

i HAVE to go to the BC museum whenever i go to victoria. i love it!!!! glad to see it's already on your list. :)

in 2003, the empress had a less formal tea that was cheaper and didn't have as strict of a dress code. you might want to investigate that. :)

i also really like sidney, but it's a lot less touristy than victoria. i just like it because it is relaxing and there are some neat places to shop.

caitycaity said:
i HAVE to go to the BC museum whenever i go to victoria. i love it!!!! glad to see it's already on your list. :)

in 2003, the empress had a less formal tea that was cheaper and didn't have as strict of a dress code. you might want to investigate that. :)

i also really like sidney, but it's a lot less touristy than victoria. i just like it because it is relaxing and there are some neat places to shop.

I love Sidney too :) My SIL lives there so we will be going there for a bit as well. My FIL used to have a sailboat that was docked there too.

Isnt that a great museum? I have pictures of Cam when he was little sitting in the station when the "train" goes by, the look on his face is just priceless!!

Ill look into the less formal tea thanks :) When I called the other day to make reservations she was quite clear on what was and was not acceptable wear :eek: LOL

Gardens: Queen Elizabeth Park and the Japanese Garden at Univ of B.C.
We LOVE gardens and these are two of our favorite lesser known gardens. We like this Japanese garden as well, maybe better, than the one in Portland.

I was just in Victoria a few weeks ago. I just ate my last Roger's Victorian cream chocolate today (coffee flavored center). Make you sure you go down to the waterfront in the early evenings to cacth the street entertainment. Is the coffee shop you are thinking of called Murchies? The BC museum is wonderful. It rained one day and we spent 5 hours there with 3 kids ages 8,11 and 12. Then we say an IMAX film about bears. It was a lovely day.

I agree with CaityCaity, Sydney is also very nice.

Hi Binny
Check out the Asian night markets in Richmond and in Vancouver. They are so much fun..lots of food and fun things to buy. Definately get to Granville Island, my favorite place to visit when I get home!!
Tea at the Empress has gotten very expensive, it is soooooo good though. I have a family member that works there so I have had the privilege to have had a few meals there :)

We ate at a restaurant in Vancouver on Robson St. called Cin Cin (pronounced chin chin). It was italian, and absolutly wonderful food--one of my favorite meals ever. A little pricy, but not out of control.

cool! thanks for the ideas :)

We lived in Richmond when I was little so I have to go there and visit things I remember. My dad used to take me to " totem park farm" at Stanley Park so I am looking forward to that :) but will try your suggestions too! Thanks

You will be so surprised by the changes in Richmond. It has grown so much, I get lost when I go for a visit and I was born and raised in Vancouver. There is a short article about the night market in the latest issue of Sunset Magazine.
I love going for drives around Stanley Park and I always love the Totem Pole Park as well. Have a great time up there!!!

I have been to both places and agree with all your selections.

Also, Robson Street used to be a cool area to shop in Vancouver, not sure if it still is? Too bad you aren't going in winter, you could take a side trip to Whistler ;)

Butchart Gardens

I loved these gardens. So beautiful! We were also there in the month of August. I believe that is the best month to go when the most things are in bloom.

Hello, Binny. The Canucks are there!

You could also search for Trevor Linden and give him my phone number ;)

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter