Those dreaded cheerleaders '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
The events hosted by "Varsity" gear their lodging to the All-Star resorts and Carribean Beach. Their college cheer and dance nationals were Jan 16-18, their high school dance nationals are Jan 30 - Feb 1, their high school cheer nationals are Feb 7-8, all-star cheer nationals March 14-15 and the all-star cheer and dance world championships April 24-27.

I just took a look at all of their travel packages for 2009 and all of them only list All-Star resorts and Carribean Beach.

Unforutnately, there are any number of other cheerleading/dance companies that might run events at Disney World so finding a comprehensive list is hard.

The football players, cheerleaders and dancers at Disney in December each year are from the Pop Warner organization.

I'd have to think that events in May are unlikely as by then all of the scholastic national championships are done as are the all-star world championships.

Thanks for this info...I am trying to figure out if any will be there during my trip (Jan 22-26)

Thanks for this info...I am trying to figure out if any will be there during my trip (Jan 22-26)

By the dates quoted....it looks like ya'll will be safe!!!

I am a bit curious, tho....aren't those Pom-Poms in your siggy Pic???

I really don't get the hatred for the cheer groups.

I was there in February 2006 and stayed at Allstar Movies. The place was crawling with cheerleaders. They were well-behaved young ladies.

They were a little bouncy, but a lot more fun than some of the families we saw. Ie. A kid having a meltdown in front of the castle while his Mom yelled at him: "I save all year for this and now you're going to cry?!?" Poor kid. He's going to have a trauma about the Magic Kingdom for the rest of his life.

The only remarkable thing was that many of them wear big curlers in their hair when they sleep and some of them wore them down to the Food Court.

My boys (3 and 1) thought the curlers were pretty funny.

I'm not sure if you were asking me or Ana N Joseph.

But those are poms in my siggy line. And that's because my avocation is cheer (it doesn't pay the bills, so I have a full time job as a financial analyst).

But I coach a semi-pro team, run cheerleading competitions, serve on national safety committees, teach national safety certification classes, etc., etc. So that's how I know about a lot of these events.

I'm not sure if you were asking me or Ana N Joseph.

But those are poms in my siggy line. And that's because my avocation is cheer (it doesn't pay the bills, so I have a full time job as a financial analyst).

But I coach a semi-pro team, run cheerleading competitions, serve on national safety committees, teach national safety certification classes, etc., etc. So that's how I know about a lot of these events.

And I appreciate your knowledge of the dates!!!

But I am asking Ana...:goodvibes

We are always there in Feb with the cheerleaders. It has never been that bad since we stay at WL. I can imagine it would be worse staying at the values. That being said, I am WAY more affected by the tour groups! Last year the Brazilians were obnoxious and rude as a whole. They walk around chanting and acting like they own the place. They were especially annoying waiting for Fantasmic. I'm hoping they aren't there this time! Anyone else have this experience?

We are always there in Feb with the cheerleaders. It has never been that bad since we stay at WL. I can imagine it would be worse staying at the values. That being said, I am WAY more affected by the tour groups! Last year the Brazilians were obnoxious and rude as a whole. They walk around chanting and acting like they own the place. They were especially annoying waiting for Fantasmic. I'm hoping they aren't there this time! Anyone else have this experience?

Just back from 10 days there, including the college cheerleading nationals. And I agree with you completely.

WE DID!

OMG as my daughter would say :rotfl:

They were extremely obnoxious - had no manners at all. But then again that's my experience with teenagers in general these days :sad2:

My biggest issue is this: why do they insist on breaking into cheer in the middle of a crowded line? 30 girls chanting and stomping their feet amidst crowds of people waiting to get on a line is highly unnecessary.

Sure, but they are just having fun and it can put a smile on your face if you let it. And, so can...

Brazilians ... waiting for Fantasmic
I know this annoys some people, but honestly, it beats doing the wave yet again.

And I appreciate your knowledge of the dates!!!

But I am asking Ana...:goodvibes

I'm just a HSM fan and that was the HSM pic they used to take at DHS.... and my niece is big time into cheer but I already told her if she ever goes to a cheer comp in Disney I won't be joining her :-) I can only handle so much cheer in my life

The events hosted by "Varsity" gear their lodging to the All-Star resorts and Carribean Beach. Their college cheer and dance nationals were Jan 16-18, their high school dance nationals are Jan 30 - Feb 1, their high school cheer nationals are Feb 7-8, all-star cheer nationals March 14-15 and the all-star cheer and dance world championships April 24-27.
I just took a look at all of their travel packages for 2009 and all of them only list All-Star resorts and Carribean Beach.

Unforutnately, there are any number of other cheerleading/dance companies that might run events at Disney World so finding a comprehensive list is hard.

The football players, cheerleaders and dancers at Disney in December each year are from the Pop Warner organization.

I'd have to think that events in May are unlikely as by then all of the scholastic national championships are done as are the all-star world championships.

Does anyone know if the one that's going to be there APr 24-27 is a large one, and if so does it affect the crowds?

We didn't see cheerleaders from our last trip. Hopefully we can in our next trip. Some of my friends are cheerleaders way back school days and it's really fun. Awesome :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks for the info, people. BTW, yes I know that some people have been at Disney and not been bothered by the cheerleaders. But then I've also heard plenty of horror stories about them screaming at the top of their lungs during every second of a ride, screaming on Main St., practicing their routines ad nauseum in line, etc. I spend a lot of money on my Disney trips, and I'm fortunate that I have the freedom to pick and choose the best times to go. Quite frankly, considering the expense of time, money and planning that goes into these trips, why should I risk having my fun ruined by people who don't respect anyone else in the park?

I think we saw a couple of them this past weekend, but they weren't any trouble. There were several Brazilian tour groups as well, but they were well-behaved also.

That's nice to hear! My daughter was one of them. She was there for her college national championship.

The past three January trips we have taken were all overrun with cheerleaders. I did notice that the highschool cheerleaders are much better to share your vacation with than the college teams. Probably this is due to more chaperoning.

We just got back from 10 days in the world and although we saw quite a few cheer groups but they didn't bother us at all. They are pretty giggly and bouncy but they should be at that age. We had dinner last friday night at Prime Time and a group of ten or so girls sat down in the same area as us. And I admit I thought "oh no" but they were extremely well behaved with no chaperone present. So if you know any of those Jersey girls, be proud! I agree I would rather deal with them than the other tour groups.

Does anyone know if the one that's going to be there APr 24-27 is a large one, and if so does it affect the crowds?

"World Championships" pretty much says it all.. it's a big one. :(

But, good news, stay away from the values and out of DHS... and you shouldn't have much trouble.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter