This year's Pop Warner cheerleaders....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racism will never die because of people like you!!!! You are the one that asked whether black and hispanic teens behave differently at Disney (or any other place) than other teens!

The answers again is NO!!!! TEENS ARE TEENS NO MATTER WHAT THE RACE!!!!! You don't need to apologize to me - I have met "your kind" before and know how to deal with "you" accordingly.

You continue to open you mouth and make self look more foolish! You obviously very immature and I don't PLAY with children!!!

We stayed at the Poly and at AKL - almost none to be seen there. We didn't take many buses - I can't stand waiting for the busses.

I really didn't notice them much in the parks - certainly no enough to call them annoying.

Wow, anyway, back to the original issue... I saw tons of Pop Warner kids last week. From what I had read on these boards, I gathered that unless you stayed where they were staying, you wouldn't notice them. They were at every park I went to except maybe Epcot. They were very easy to pick out. Also, I chose to stay at Pop since I had read that Pop was not set up to accomodate groups. Well, as another poster said, they were definitely at Pop. I saw lots of them at MVMCP on the 9th as well. I wouldn't say the kids were a problem, but there were a lot of them and they were easy to pick out. I don't know if I'll be back in December. The Unofficial Guide listed our stay as a crowd rating of 1. Yeah right. It was more crowded (in general, not just because of Pop Warner) than when I've been to WDW in October and May.

I am immature??? who is the one getting all bent out of shape....Sure I could have worded that a little differently but I didnt my mistake but you still assumed it to be racial....I have dealt with your kind before too....The type who thinks they are owed something for their troubles are blame society on their problems....Maybe instead of making everything racial you should just answer a question instead of looking for some hidden meaning and assume everyone is out to get you....THE FACT still remains that was the only group I saw acting up and we were around several different groups....quit obssessing over something that isnt there thats why racism will never die....

Dolphin assumes I am black!!! :) This is a Disney board for discussing DisneyNOT FOR DISCUSSING YOUR RACIAL views !!! The post was about POP WARNER not REDNECKS FROM SC!!!!

Moderators I apologize upfront but I not going to bite my tounge for Mr. Redneck!

We stayed at CBR. There were a couple of groups there. I did not find them annoying and I only noticed them on my walk to the food court and a couple of times on the bus. My husband encountered a rude group on the bus one day. The parks were extremely crowded to me compared to my November visit 2 years ago. We will not go again during Pop Warner.

If you're staying in the same hotel it can be LOUD! I went to Disney with school in 2001 and, including chaperones, there were about 70 of us (it was only the 8th graders in a specific program so it wasn't that many people). However, even with only about 55 of us kids we DID make a lot of noise :blush: We weren't allowed near the pool, but there were all school groups there at the same time and they were all crowded in the pool - SCREAMING, singing, clapping and just generally being loud. Even my group was anoyed by them, lol! So anytime there are large groups of kids in the parks expect it to be more crowded - and LOUD!

Then hush up and let us discuss it.....Is calling me a redneck any different than any other form of racism?....I think not....The fact of the matter I am from Illinois....Just happen to live in SC now....Yes racism is large in SC...Confederate flag, NAACP, Plantations....BUT trust me when I say its not me....I am still very young 31 to be exact so I have a lot of learning to do true....BUT I am no more racist than you....as you have just shown by calling me a redneck....But I am not the one who is getting all hot and bothered by a little statement that you made....See thats why racism will not die because something is taken the wrong way and someone runs with it like you have just done....You have stooped to name calling and yelling sorry but thats what us stupid rednecks are suppose to do...I have 2 boys who I have taught that people are people no matter the skin color or where thay are from. Treat them as you want to be treated, Love them for who they are not what they are not....My point was did anyone see any other groups acting like that? maybe thats how I should have worded it but I didnt I was stating the facts at hand....That a group of 10-12 year old blacks and Hispanics were in front of us at ToT and were acting up....Thats all no more no less....To me saying that was no different than the cheerleaders getting all the bashing....It was the same thing....You took it the wrong way....

My point is already provin by your post....you are a racist!!! Every point you posts reinforces that.....!!!

Again, my apologize to the moderators in advance! I know this boards should be for the this best advice, tips and tricks about the most magical place in the world! I will not longer engage in post with Mr. REDNECK from SC.

I have better things to do with my time! Sound like he hiss pretty pissed -- I guess I push a few buttons. But like my orginial post stated WHAT AN IDIOT!!!! LOSER!!!!

well I will still answer your posts about Disney like me or not....You are correct in saying that this is a great spot for Disney advice. I am still here to help people best as I can.

We stayed 12/3 - 12/12 at the CBR. We were able to notice a few groups easily also. They are rather noisey and annoying. Most of our annoyance was on the bus. Perhaps because we were trapped in an "echo box" with them. They were screaming and acting childish. They were even standing on the seats and hanging from the handrails and chanted cheers as their chaperones just chatted and ignored them. Can't be to mad at the kids, the adults should teach/give structure (that IS the points of chaperones anyways). Also the beaches at the CBR where I enjoyed laying in a hammock were interrupted due to the cheerleaders building pyramids and playing thier stereo loudly.
We did have one poor incident in line for test track. A trio of girls interrupted us and questioned us for the time,we kindly gave it to them and back to chattering they went without a kind "thank you". So my sister replied "your welcome". Then one turned around and started explaining that we have to watch the time and started explaining. My sister replied "Im sorry I don't care, perhaps you should review your manners" haha they were very embarressed. I hope it was a strong reminder to be polite. :earsboy:

I was really worried about pop warner week- but I wa pleasantly surprised. We stayed at POFQ. THe only times we saw them there was one night at the food court, and one night they were waiting for a bus to DTD as we were coming back from the parks. They were very polite- the ones we saw. We never saw them early in the mornings- when we leave for the parks- or on the way out from the parks. I guess we got lucky. We did see groups of them in the parks and yes, they broke out into annoying cheers while we were waiting for thunder mountain one time. But, they didn't cause any problems. THe main thing was they were a big group when we saw them. So if we were headed to the same ride they were, we'd ride something else first and then get in line for the original ride we wanted- b/c the large groups we saw usually liked to cheer and also caused the wait to be a tad bit more- b/c most of the rides were walk-ons or 5-10 minutes.
Anyway, they certainly won't stop me from coming back in early Dec. I will try to avoid a hotel they are staying at- although it looks like they are at most values and moderates- I will certainly avoid the all-stars though.
Overall, it was a great trip!!!

dolphindan1 said:
well I will still answer your posts about Disney like me or not....You are correct in saying that this is a great spot for Disney advice. I am still here to help people best as I can.

I understand exactly what you meant by your original post,and I don't find it as racist. Don't worry about that other guy, just shake it off. Besides, 1. anyone who calls someone an idiot and uses thousands of !! to make a point is an idiot themselves, and 2. people complain about the brazillian tour groups being rude all the time, and nobody finds that racist.

My point is "behavior" is a CHOICE. Behavior has nothing to do with a person race. Those teen chose to behave that way because they are TEENS. Not because they are black or hispanic or white or blue or purple. They behaved that way because that was their "CHOICE." Do all black and hispanic teens behave that way, of course not.

His questions was did the teens behave that way because they were black and hispanic. My answer was NOOO!!!! They behaved that way because that was their CHOICE! We chose how to behave - I have seen just as many white kids acting up at Disney! It doesn't matter what the race of the kids are - what matters is their CHOICE of behavior.

Think back to when you where a teen and your parents weren't watching. You probably did some stuff that would have not pleased your parents; however, you did it anyway. Not because you were white but because you where an adolescent TEEN.

Never again during Pop Warner week. We were at All Star Sports in 2002 that week and it didn't even compare to Pop Century last week. Screaming at all hours of the night. If I had wanted to use the pool with my 13 month old it wouldn't have happened they had taken over everything. However....kids will be kids. It's not their fault their chaperones were too busy getting drunk to pay attention to what they were doing. I apologize if I have offended any coaches or parents who were not boozing - and let me preface this by saying that in general I am not opposed to drinking. But crowds of parents and coaches hanging around "supervising" the kids while they were "boozing" was a very poor representation of Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading. I know their are good parents and coaches out there and I don't mean to be "generalizing" or "stereotyping" but as a whole all the idiots didn't do anything for the good ones. And I have emailed the Pop Warner organization with this information because I was so upset by their behavior. One dad/coach (I'm not sure which but he was with a cheerleading squad) could not understand why the bus driver was not going to let him on the bus - he was so drunk he could hardly get on the bus. In the end the cheerleaders talked the bus-driver into letting him on because they couldn't go without him - like he was going to be much of a chaperone. My poor DH got stuck on that bus coming to meet me and my DD and had to listen to obnoxious cheerleaders doing cheers the whole way....the poor guys ears were ringing by the time he got to the MK. I'm not against cheerleaders - but have some respect for those around you. Sorry to have ranted a little but it definitely put a damper on our vacation. Don't get me wrong we still had fun.....but we will NEVER EVER EVER go during Pop Warner week again.

Ok. Excuse my ignorance but WHAT is Pop Warner week? Sounds like something with cheerleaders and WHEN is it?

Thanks
Eric

Eric -
Pop Warner is a huge football & cheerleading & Dance organization. They have their superbowl at WDW usually the first full week of December....this year the 5th - 11th. It brings in a ton (I don't know real numbers -sorry) of teens.

I too also saw quite a few chaperones getting drunk while watching the groups. At our resort one of the chaperones stumbled outta his beach chair, and stood at the edge of the pool and yelled at the cheerleaders. He was screaming that they were "playing" in the pool to much, and that they were to be working on thier cheers while in the pool. I'm sorry but that is just silly. Let the kids play in the pool and then work on their cheers or something. So as I sat poolside waiting for our laundry to dry, I was able to appreciate going back to my room for peace and quiet. All and all, I was too disappointed in the choices of the adults.

Overall, the cheerleaders and football players that I saw were fairly well behaved. The one time I got really annoyed was during the 12/9 MVMCP, I (and some friends) were in line for BTMRR, and there was a group of cheerleaders ahead of us, who repeated the same chant about 4 times while we were in line (not a long period of time, the ride was basically walk on), and then ended up on the same train as us. During the ride, they started the same cheer again, and one of the folks I was with yelled "Do you know any other cheers?" ... we didn't hear a word from them the rest of the ride.

Friends that work in some attractions said that their biggest complaint was when groups of cheerleaders or football players would get to the front of the line, and not have their "ride pairings" decided yet, which slowed down the load process a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter