• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This Will Be A Sad Vacation...

bouncy54

I Believe In Fairy Magic
I hope you don't mind that I share my sorrow with you, but after spending months on this board, I feel that I know some of you.

My niece just called me from Vancouver and told me that my brother is in intensive care and the Drs. don't expect him to live. :sad1:

He tried to hide his illness from us, but we knew that something was terribly wrong because he couldn't eat anymore. You see, alcohol had a hold of him his entire life and although he tried to quit numerous times, it always ended up controlling him again. It finally destroyed his liver.

I hate growing older. I've had to watch my mother, father, grandparents, aunts and uncles pass away and my sister only has a couple of years left as well. With my brother and sister gone, I will be the only one of my immediate family left.

Our vacation begins 3 weeks from today. I wish I had memories of visiting Mickey with my brother, but we never shared that experience.

I spoke to my brother a few weeks ago and I was telling him about our trip to DL. He said he wished that he could go too. So do I.

:grouphug:

Bouncy, I am so sorry. Who ever knows what to say in times like this? Not me... But I wanted you to know someone is out here, reading this, and sending prayers your way. :hug:

(((HUGS))) and prayers to you Bouncy, and your family. I'm so sorry this is happening. :hug:

I would make this trip in honor of your brother. :grouphug:

Our prayers are with you and your family, Bouncy.

:hug:

(((HUGS))) to you all!! I wish your brother had been able to go as well. But keep him in your thoughts and he will go with you, in your heart and in your memories. (((HUGS)))

I went through the same thing with my sister that lived with us. To this day my son misses his Aunt Barbara. She was great, but could not shake her alcohol addiction. It sucks - I'm so sorry for you. I still miss my sister so much.

Best,
Brando

I am so sorry for all this pain for you and your family, Bouncy. I think we all have had a family member fight the alcohol demon, I know I have. :guilty: Sending a big comforting Diz Board Hug to you:grouphug: Keep your chin up girl!

My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope that your brother is comfortable, and that you all have the strength you need to make it through this.

Sending you prayers for peace and comfort, and hugs from me. Also for your niece and extended family. :grouphug:

Sincerely,
Melody

I am so sorry to hear that your brother is not well. My thoughts are with you. It's not easy losing someone you love. I have been there many times.

:hug: :sad1:

:sad1: How hard it is sometimes in this world. :tinker:We need each other as we walk day to day. I know that I need God to be with me always . God knows,:hug: he hears:hug:, he sees:hug:, he cares.:hug:
Your in my prayers!

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter