• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This weekend will we float away

Disneynutzfamily

Earning My Ears
We are due to be in Orlando on Friday, and now this storm/hurricane has popped up out of nowhere. My husband and I were going for our anniversary. We have not been alone in three years and I mean we have not even been to a movie or dinner alone. Why oh Why!!! We were planning to go to the parks but now I am not so sure. I know Disney is great about keeping people updated and safe. We are just disappointed. :confused3 Any suggestions on things to bring just in case we are stuck in the room or ideas on stuff to do that is not outside. We have been to Disney 12 times in the last 3 years but maybe there is something we are unaware of. We are going no matter what!

You say this is your anniversary...so therefore, do not bring ANTHING.!!!! :love2: You will both be in a very nice resort...they serve nice drinks, food....hopefully it will not rain (too much) and ENJOY each other :love2:

Disneynutzfamily said:
We are due to be in Orlando on Friday, and now this storm/hurricane has popped up out of nowhere. My husband and I were going for our anniversary. We have not been alone in three years and I mean we have not even been to a movie or dinner alone. Why oh Why!!! We were planning to go to the parks but now I am not so sure. I know Disney is great about keeping people updated and safe. We are just disappointed. :confused3 Any suggestions on things to bring just in case we are stuck in the room or ideas on stuff to do that is not outside. We have been to Disney 12 times in the last 3 years but maybe there is something we are unaware of. We are going no matter what!

I would bring ponchos and a flashlight, that is about all you might need. As to this storm just popping up out of nowhere, actually it's been building for days.

I don't see this one turning into a major hurricane over the mainland, but might after it leaves and goes into the gulf. The most Orlando will probably experience is lots of rain and some thunderstorms.

I am sure your trip will be fine, but future plans might be better booked not during hurricane season, :flower:

Well, if it rains a lot, at least you could get some alone time! :love:

Well alone time is part of the plan but we did want to act like giant children and ride rollercoasters and eat mickey ice cream bars. Our local coverage has not been showing anything about the storm until today. As far as planning around hurricane season. We had to go during Grandparent season, which means this is the only weekend we could pin down my parents to babysit. But like I said no matter whether we sit in a room all weekend or are tearing up the parks, we will have a great time. Just being at Disney usually puts us in a great mood no matter what. :earsgirl:

I must say that I really think this is going to be fairly minor. Especially once it crosses the state of FL. I live in South Florida, pretty much where it is expected to come ashore. I am not really concerned about the storm. They are predicting 12 inches of rain for us. I think Orlando will probably see some storms, hopefully not too many. Bring a poncho, just in case!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter