This weather forcast is scaring me

tink20

DIS Veteran
:worried: We are in the severe forecast area. I hope everyone stays safe over the next few days.

I don't know where you are, but here it is going to get hot. I hope you stay safe for what ever your alerts are saying.

Tink you're not alone, I'm dreading the next 48 hours. I love the warm weather but hate the weather it brings.

Monday and possibly Tuesday are the worst parts where i live. We're dealing with possible supercells popping up.

I will be on the northern end of the severe risk. It's my first one since moving here. Luckily, I have a place to go if it does look like it will get bad (I am in a second floor apartment) and I already have things prepped for packing up the kitties just in case.

Best advice I can give regarding tornadoes:

Wear a helmet if you have one (football, baseball, or bicycle helmet)

Until the threat of severe weather passes KEEP YOUR SHOES/BOOTS ON because you may have to walk over broken glass, splintered wood, etc.

this all applies after going to your safe place

Yep this is us. Our emergency supplies are ready to go. We do have our bike helmets, water, weather radio just in case we loose power.

Things I learned after the 2011 super outbreak (although I was fortunate to avoid damage to my house, here in No. AL we were without power for several days):

Be sure you have gas in your car.

Get more batteries than you think you'll need.

Make sure you flashlights work! Make sure your portable radio works!

Have cash in the house....if there is no power the banks are closed.

Run your garbage disposer; stuff gets a bit stinky if left in there for days.

Pick up some ice and find your cooler.

Pay attention and stay safe if you're in the path of this mess. Looks like a looong night for us.

We're under a tornado watch here in north Georgia. The storms crossed over from Alabama about 30 minutes ago and dropped a tornado on the ground shortly after that. Here in the metro-Atlanta we are watching the skies. I imagine we will spend at least part of the night in the basement laundry room (no windows, 3 concrete block walls. It's very safe.) We may have to just bring our sleeping bags in there.

It's supposed to be like this through tomorrow, as well. I have an hospital visit scheduled tomorrow to see a client in the ICU up in Athens, which is about 2 hours from me. A good bit of the road is rather desolate with hardly any gas stations or stores you could pull into if it really gets bad. I'm going to be paying close attention to the weather. I sure don't want to be caught out on the road with no protection. I may have to postpose the hospital visit and hope the guy hangs in there for another couple of days.

I have pretty much not turned off the weather channel except for turning on my local news. Our storms broke up and we didn't have enough energy in the area to create strong storms.

Right now, I am watching about a strong tornado in Alabama. Near Bessemer and I20. That system is heading right to Birmingham.

I have pretty much not turned off the weather channel except for turning on my local news. Our storms broke up and we didn't have enough energy in the area to create strong storms.

Right now, I am watching about a strong tornado in Alabama. Near Bessemer and I20. That system is heading right to Birmingham.

Same here, I've turned it off for a bit but back on watching the weather again.

We are under a tornado watch here in N florida , I am still at the hospital with my dad so hopefully its pretty safe here.its heartbreaking to see the damage this has caused;(

I watched the news this morning and couldn't help but tear up when they showed all the damage. Unfortunately, this stuff isn't over. They're saying that we should get something overnight/early morning. Praying no tornadoes come through here.:worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter