• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This Trip Report is Useless Without Pictures. Update 8/20: Day 2 in the Magic Kingdom

Had to subscribe to your thread after I read how many pictures you took and how irritated your family was by the end (SO me and my family). My husband all of a sudden gets selective hearing when I say "hey everybody...smile!" and keeps walking and I get lots of eye rolls from DS. :confused3

We're staying at the Poly in November. So, I'm excited to read more about your trip. :)

We were at the Poly from July25-Aug 1. We loved it so much all we can talk about is a way to get back! :rotfl2: Loving your Trip Report so far! Can't wait to read more.

Enjoying your tr so far.

Loved your response to the thought of switching resorts. At first I thought photo bomber was an inlaw trying to rapidly escape the photo. :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh, what an amazing upgrade!!! That's fantastic! Your pictures are getting me so excited :banana:

And the little film clips are hysterical :rotfl:

Ahh the pics are making me homesick! Ill be there very soon tho.. Lovely lovely pixie dust! We got upgraded in 2011 from GV Cl to TPV CL (but it was b/c of major issues) and it was an amazing experience to be out on that balcony every morning and evening! Truly truly gorgeous and magical!!

Hi! I just came over here from my TR and I'm so excited to read about your family's trip! :cheer2:

Your boys are adorable and your little one Quinn looks a little bit like my baby brother (who is turning 11 now so I guess he's not a baby anymore :rolleyes1) did when he was 7! Sorry to hear about his food sensitivities. Those sound like some tough ones to deal with.

Yikes kidney stones :crazy2: Your poor husband. I've never had them but I've taken care of patients with them and they usually have some pretty colorful descriptions of what they feel like so I can only imagine the pain.

Poly and AKL are pretty much at the top of my Disney resort wish list so I'm pretty jealous.

Getting up at 4 am when you're not going to Disney is pretty much unbearable. Like just, no. But on Disney day, I SHOOT out of bed like :cheer2:.

Yikes. Sorry you ran into such trouble at the airport but all that matters is you made the flight!

Yay Magical Express! :dance3: WOW that view is beyond awesome! What a great start to your trip! pixiedust:

Caught up and all I can say is WOW! That's an amazing view. How awesome!

Joining in! Beautiful photos!

Thank you!!!

Yay!!!

Don't you love the surprise upgrade? Once we were at WL and I think had a "Woods View" room. Well, it turned out we could see the lake (bay?) and the castle through a conveniently located space between the trees, or over the trees (this was like 7 years ago, I don't remember but WE COULD SEE THE CASTLE so who cares). Amazing

Can't wait to read more!! Did you guys do the Sorceror's Kingdom game? Or do I need to wait patiently and see for myself?

Hi!!!

The surprise upgrade is just amazing. I was absolutely shocked. I still am.

That's so awesome that you could see the castle from WL!! That's the other resort where we got an upgrade, from woods view to courtyard view. (we seriously didn't care--we had missed our connection the day before, were given a new flight at 6 am, and were REALLLY tired, so were just happy to get a room! :rotfl:)

I won't make you wait--we didn't play the Sorcerers game. :( Do your kids like it?

Had to subscribe to your thread after I read how many pictures you took and how irritated your family was by the end (SO me and my family). My husband all of a sudden gets selective hearing when I say "hey everybody...smile!" and keeps walking and I get lots of eye rolls from DS. :confused3

We're staying at the Poly in November. So, I'm excited to read more about your trip. :)

Oh yeah. The picture taking was crazy this year :rotfl: I knew I was going to write this TR, so I was trying to document *everything* and it didn't take long for people to get irritated with me for taking pictures of signs. :lmao:

Yay! Poly!! I just LOVE it there.

We were at the Poly from July25-Aug 1. We loved it so much all we can talk about is a way to get back! :rotfl2: Loving your Trip Report so far! Can't wait to read more.

Thank you!! We just missed each other--we checked out on the 23rd. I want to go back too :cloud9:

Enjoying your tr so far.

Loved your response to the thought of switching resorts. At first I thought photo bomber was an inlaw trying to rapidly escape the photo. :rotfl2:

Thank you! Welcome!

Yes, as excited as I was about Pop (and really, I was!) I have been dying to stay at the Poly, so it didn't take much to get me on board with that plan. :thumbsup2

OMG, LOL at the thought that that woman was my MIL. "GET ME AWAY FROM THESE KIDS!!"

Oh my gosh, what an amazing upgrade!!! That's fantastic! Your pictures are getting me so excited :banana:

And the little film clips are hysterical :rotfl:

Hi!! Thanks for joining in!!

The upgrade was just out of this world. I already felt so grateful to be staying club level--just over the moon, you know? And then to see that view...it was like the most amazing gift.

Glad you like my little gifs ;) I have this thing about finding funny gifs on the interwebz. There are just so many good ones.

Ahh the pics are making me homesick! Ill be there very soon tho.. Lovely lovely pixie dust! We got upgraded in 2011 from GV Cl to TPV CL (but it was b/c of major issues) and it was an amazing experience to be out on that balcony every morning and evening! Truly truly gorgeous and magical!!

Hi!!! Oh, sorry to hear your upgrade was because of issues. That's never good. :( But always great when Disney makes it up to you with an upgrade like that! Such a magical view--the most wonderful way to start and end the day. :cloud9:

LOL!!!!!!

And yay for upgrades! And Arrested Development gifs!

Hi!

Yes! One can never accumulate too many Arrested Development gifs! There will surely be more to come. ;)

Great pics! :)

Thank you so much!

Hi! I just came over here from my TR and I'm so excited to read about your family's trip! :cheer2:

Your boys are adorable and your little one Quinn looks a little bit like my baby brother (who is turning 11 now so I guess he's not a baby anymore :rolleyes1) did when he was 7! Sorry to hear about his food sensitivities. Those sound like some tough ones to deal with.

Yikes kidney stones :crazy2: Your poor husband. I've never had them but I've taken care of patients with them and they usually have some pretty colorful descriptions of what they feel like so I can only imagine the pain.

Poly and AKL are pretty much at the top of my Disney resort wish list so I'm pretty jealous.

Getting up at 4 am when you're not going to Disney is pretty much unbearable. Like just, no. But on Disney day, I SHOOT out of bed like :cheer2:.

Yikes. Sorry you ran into such trouble at the airport but all that matters is you made the flight!

Yay Magical Express! :dance3: WOW that view is beyond awesome! What a great start to your trip! pixiedust:

Hi Courtney!! Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, Quinn's food issues are really no fun. He is a trooper, though, and almost always handles things so well. I know it must be really hard for him, though, not to be able to have so many things that his friends (and his brother) can have. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he grows out of it and doesn't have to have such a restricting diet when he's older.

LOL at the colorful descriptions of kidney stone pain. Let me tell you, Tim does NOT show pain very quickly. He really is pretty stoic most of the time. But he was writhing in pain :( Poor guy. I'm so glad it's all in the past now.

I hope someday you can stay at Poly and AKL too!! :cloud9:

The airport trouble was really all me. I am TERRIBLE in the morning :confused3 :rotfl:

It was an amazing start to our trip. I am so grateful for such a wonderful upgrade.

So glad to have you along!!

Joining in! Loving it so far-great intros!

Hey Shan!!! Thanks! How are you? Will you be doing a TR for your trip, too? I hope so!

Caught up and all I can say is WOW! That's an amazing view. How awesome!

Hey again! Thanks! Yes...amazing just really doesn't describe it. We were so lucky!

I won't make you wait--we didn't play the Sorcerers game. :( Do your kids like it?

Yes. I might have liked it even more than they did :rolleyes1. We played in January and March and got to gold level, or something, and defeated Hades, and decided to stop. It was a LOT of running back and forth, waiting, etc. The actual battling was awesome, and talking to/meeting/trading cards with other people was really fun. But it was more "work" than the Agent P game and it took away from our ride time, a lot. We might get more cards next time we go, but I can't see us beginning a new chapter. I feel like that game would be HUGE in DLR, though, since it is more of a "locals/AP holders" park, and because DLR people are just more into that kind of thing (VERY different vibe on the west coast!!! You will see!!!).

Yes. I might have liked it even more than they did :rolleyes1. We played in January and March and got to gold level, or something, and defeated Hades, and decided to stop. It was a LOT of running back and forth, waiting, etc. The actual battling was awesome, and talking to/meeting/trading cards with other people was really fun. But it was more "work" than the Agent P game and it took away from our ride time, a lot. We might get more cards next time we go, but I can't see us beginning a new chapter. I feel like that game would be HUGE in DLR, though, since it is more of a "locals/AP holders" park, and because DLR people are just more into that kind of thing (VERY different vibe on the west coast!!! You will see!!!).

it really does sound fun! I am not sure why we didn't give it a go this time. Maybe next time :)

I a SO excited to see what things are like in DLR. So, so so excited. And I found out my friend may even come with me one day--that would be even better!! I just can't wait to compare everything :rotfl: ;) Now I just need to decide where to stay...

Loving the TR, & that amazing room!!!!

Thank you! I know--wasn't it amazing!?

Having fun reading you TR!!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much!!

Wow! Congrats on the upgrade!!! Perfection. In April, we had booked a YC standard view CL room and I was very prepared to look at a roof top, however we had been upgraded to lagoon view and I was so excited!!! It was beautiful! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read about the lounge!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter