This trip is about the food!!

jedspad

Mouseketeer
We have 4 nights planned in December for our 30th wedding anniversary and my finishing treatment for cancer celebration. I just finished 35 radiation to my head and neck and 3 chemo treatments which have taken my taste buds and my saliva. Hopefully they will be returning soon. So I have spent the past 8 weeks planning my meals drooling over food pictures. This is what we have planned. First night Raglan Road (first time there). Second day breakfast at Kona Cafe and Dinner that night at Mama Melrose. Our anniversary we are planning on breakfast at BW Bakery, lunch maybe at Beaches and Cream or Big River and the Polynesian Luau that night. Next day breakfast at Olivia's and dinner that night at Teppan Edo. Our last morning we have breakfast at Captain Grille. We are bringing another couple with us and are thinking about getting the TIW card (first time). What do you think? I am so looking forward to it and to all that yummy food.:wave2:

I may be wrong, but I think you can only get a TIW card if you are a FL resident or a pass holder. You didn't mention being a pass holder, so I thought I would mention it.

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary and finishing up your chemo!

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary and your recovery! :flower3: I hope your upcoming trip is filled with deliciousness. You deserve it.

Congrats on finishing your treatments! Praying for you and healing! Be sure to wear your anniversary button for extra special treatment. Enjoy!

We are DVC members and are now eligible to purchase the TIW card so that is why I thought we would try it.

We have 4 nights planned in December for our 30th wedding anniversary and my finishing treatment for cancer celebration. I just finished 35 radiation to my head and neck and 3 chemo treatments which have taken my taste buds and my saliva. Hopefully they will be returning soon. So I have spent the past 8 weeks planning my meals drooling over food pictures. This is what we have planned. First night Raglan Road (first time there). Second day breakfast at Kona Cafe and Dinner that night at Mama Melrose. Our anniversary we are planning on breakfast at BW Bakery, lunch maybe at Beaches and Cream or Big River and the Polynesian Luau that night. Next day breakfast at Olivia's and dinner that night at Teppan Edo. Our last morning we have breakfast at Captain Grille. We are bringing another couple with us and are thinking about getting the TIW card (first time). What do you think? I am so looking forward to it and to all that yummy food.:wave2:

Make sure you do your homework before you buy the TIW card. We just bought ours in June, DVC discount at $75. Teppan Edo is not on TIW for dinner. If I remember right it was for lunch though.

Congratulations on finishing up your treatments! I am a radiation therapist and know how tough those 35 treatments can be, especially in the head and neck area! I hope you have a fabulous trip, you deserve it!

Congratulations on everything and I'm Hopeful your Sense of taste will return shortly...Have a Magical trip...pixiedust:

One of my favorite WDW trips was my post chemo/radiation celebration after my first bout with cancer. We also went with another couple and it was great fun.

We use the TIW card and with 4 adults, it will save you money. Enjoy the food!

TIW is available for DVC members as well. We are trying to decide if it's worth it ourselves. Has anyone purchased it and felt it was worthwhile? I thought that I saw the purchase price of $100. Is this something that can be purchased before arrival or do we have to wait until we get there to purchase it?

TIW is available for DVC members as well. We are trying to decide if it's worth it ourselves. Has anyone purchased it and felt it was worthwhile? I thought that I saw the purchase price of $100. Is this something that can be purchased before arrival or do we have to wait until we get there to purchase it?

You could do either or , I believe..I'm going to purchase it when I get there....And yes the DVC price is= $100
The AP price = $ 75

My borther just went a few weeks ago and he couldn't find a way to purchase it ahead of time so he bought once he got there. We usually do the dining plan but I want too many sit downs this time, I thought we would give it a try plus since it is good for a year, it might make me have to plan another trip....:cool1:

Oops, I meant $100, for TIW. We're annual passholder, so that's why I accidentally typed $75.

I wish you much fun, happy eating, and extra sensitive taste buds!

On my last trip, my family of four and another family of four used the same TIW card when we ate together. I bought gift cards and gave them to my friend to cover my part of the meal. On an 12day visit we saved a lot of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter