This Time I'm Doing It For Me!!!

I am doing the under 200# dance. :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay:

After the extended workout this morning, I got on the scale, and found out I said good-bye to another 2 pounds(28# total to date), which brings me to goal #2, I am now officially under 200# for the first time in a very long time!!!

What a way to celebrate my 33rd wedding anniversary!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

OK, this is a progress photo report. The first pic is of me with my DW and DD at DD's high school graduation this past June 17th. This pic was taken a few weeks before I started my exercise program on July 4th. My weight was 227 at this point.

2592858060026317863S600x600Q85.jpg

This next pic was taken last night at my Godparents 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration. This is my DW and I, with my Godparents just before the party ended last night. I am now 28 pounds lighter at 199(as of yesterday morning). The first time I have been under 200 in a long time.

2137018670026317863S600x600Q85.jpg

I still have a ways to go. My goal weight is 175. My new theme song is from Disney's Hercules, "I Can Go the Distance" and I am determined to do it!!!​

Just spent the past 3 hours at Riverwinds where I burned off 1525 calories this morning and said farewell to another 2.5 pounds this past week, bringing my total weight loss to 30.5 pounds since July 4th!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Dropped another pound this week, was hoping for a few more, but I'll take it. Better one pound down, then one pound up!!! ;)

Down 31.5 pounds to date. I go and see our family doc for my annual physical this afternoon at 1pm, boy is he going to be surprised, as I haven't seen him since last year's physical.......:)

OK, arrived home from the doc a few minutes ago, he was quite pleased with the weight loss and wants to see me again in six months, then we will discuss reducing, or removing the BP med, as long as I can get some more weight off. I told him I hope to be at my goal weight by the next time I see him......I was also happy to see that the gym scale and the doc's scale were in agreement today......:goodvibes

Had an extremely stressful week and missed 3 workout days this past week. Even with eating some of my comfort foods, I still was able to stay the same weight as my last weigh-in, which made me quite happy as I thought I was going to put a pound or two back on. It did help that I had a 1650 calorie burn-off this morning. I was on the treadmill for 2 hours and 10 minutes non-stop. Also did 200 abdomin crunches and 200 low back extensions.

Time for bed now......:wave2:

VerandaMan, I just want to say I think you are doing great. You're pretty much doing it on your own and staying with it. Wonderful.

I'm going to give you a buzz phrases that come from my WW meetings to keep you motovated (not that you nee them, they are just nice).

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

Keep it up. Have a great week. Hopefully it will be less stressful for you.

Just arrived home from my morning workout and my weekly weigh-in. I am down another pound this week, bringing my total loss to 32 pounds since I started this program in July. :goodvibes

Wow!! Amazing! Congratulations...I can barely do a few minutes of exercise now, but knowing that you're out there exercising for hours is quite the inspiration. :D

Wow!! Amazing! Congratulations...I can barely do a few minutes of exercise now, but knowing that you're out there exercising for hours is quite the inspiration. :D

Keep going! Love reading about your continued success!

Thanks!!! Other than walking around reading water meters everyday, this is the most exercising I have done since high school gym class, and I've been out of high school over 35 years.......:eek:

I really do enjoy spending time at the gym and working out, it makes me feel so much better about myself. :thumbsup2

Speaking of which, I have to get ready to head over to the gym in about 15 minutes, so I had better get a move on it........:wave2:

Hi Andy! Just found your thread and I must say, you are inspiring. I lost 35 lbs. two and a half years ago and am sad to say that I have put almost all of it back on. I blame it on school. I am just having a hard time juggling everything since I went back to college. You have inspired me to get up and get moving. Don't think I can do the hours that you do just yet, but I have just got to get it together for a healthy life!

Keep up the good work and congrats on reaching the 30 lb mark!

Hi Andy! Just found your thread and I must say, you are inspiring. I lost 35 lbs. two and a half years ago and am sad to say that I have put almost all of it back on. I blame it on school. I am just having a hard time juggling everything since I went back to college. You have inspired me to get up and get moving. Don't think I can do the hours that you do just yet, but I have just got to get it together for a healthy life!

Keep up the good work and congrats on reaching the 30 lb mark!

Thanks Sue!!! :goodvibes

Just got in a few minutes ago from today's workout. Got a late start this morning thanks to my kid who decided to come in after curfew last night. :headache:

Anyhow, even with this being Thanksgiving week I still managed to lose another 2 pounds this week, bringing my total weight loss to 34 pounds as of this morning.

Had another good workout this morning and am now sitting here having a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of green tea to celebrate.......:laughing:

Keep up the good work!! I hope to be following in your foot steps soon! I am now 5 pounds down after two weeks!

Forgot to add in my weigh-in report for last week.

I did manage to drop 0.8 pounds last week, just 0.2 pounds away from hitting the 35 pound mark.

I had to go and buy some Large size t-shirts for my workouts as the Extra Large t-shirts were looking very baggy on me. I also ordered a couple size 34 work pants the other day!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter