This time around turning out to be a real nail-biter...

briar*rose

Mouseketeer
So...I just am getting this off my chest since everyone around me thinks I'm either crazy or neurotic.....maybe you guys won't. ;)

I'm booked in a 2-bedroom at the BWV from 10/2-10/5, however my trip doesn't end until 10/6!! I'm waitlisted for 10/6 (for a preferred view) and also waitlisted for 10/2-10/6 for a standard view. I don't really care which come through as long as one of them does. I've already put myself on the 30-day waitlist for both....but I'm getting really worried. I've entertained a few other ideas just in case but the truth is, we're already moving resorts once on this trip and I'd hate to have to do it again. I've heard rumors that Disney holds rooms for a certain amount of time or something like that and my mother seems to think I'm being really neurotic about it. She tells me that she's gotten a room while driving to the resort when she was told they had none....I just can't function like that!! Plus she stays at Old Key West which I know tends to fill up slower. I've done the waitlist thing once before for the EXACT same time last year for a Studio at the Beach Club, and I got it, but I didn't have to wait long for it to come thru.

I'm freaking out!!!! I have 21 days until I leave on the first leg on my trip (to AKL).....any suggestions, calming words or anecdotes??

:confused3 :bitelip: :upsidedow :confused: :scared: :crazy2:

briar*rose said:
So...I just am getting this off my chest since everyone around me thinks I'm either crazy or neurotic.....maybe you guys won't. ;)

I'm booked in a 2-bedroom at the BWV from 10/2-10/5, however my trip doesn't end until 10/6!! I'm waitlisted for 10/6 (for a preferred view) and also waitlisted for 10/2-10/6 for a standard view. I don't really care which come through as long as one of them does. I've already put myself on the 30-day waitlist for both....but I'm getting really worried. I've entertained a few other ideas just in case but the truth is, we're already moving resorts once on this trip and I'd hate to have to do it again. I've heard rumors that Disney holds rooms for a certain amount of time or something like that and my mother seems to think I'm being really neurotic about it. She tells me that she's gotten a room while driving to the resort when she was told they had none....I just can't function like that!! Plus she stays at Old Key West which I know tends to fill up slower. I've done the waitlist thing once before for the EXACT same time last year for a Studio at the Beach Club, and I got it, but I didn't have to wait long for it to come thru.

I'm freaking out!!!! I have 21 days until I leave on the first leg on my trip (to AKL).....any suggestions, calming words or anecdotes??

:confused3 :bitelip: :upsidedow :confused: :scared: :crazy2:

No, you're not neurotic by any means... it's upsetting not knowing where you'll be staying until the last moment. If I were you I'd book a cash reservation ... (either @ BW so the move is minimal or someplace fun & different like AKL?) just in case which you can cancel out of if & when your waitlist comes through.

It's always nice to know what your plans are BEFORE you leave home. It's easier to make your own changes because you want to, not because you have to, and this qualifies as a "have to", if you don't get that extra night. Usually things open up around the 31 day point before your trip. Hey, I made my ressies at the 11 month mark at BWV, and had to waitlist for BW view! I now have gotten all my days except for one, but that one day is right smack in the middle of my trip! And, yes, I am also stressing out about that night, so you have company! I have the whole family coming, but we may be sleeping on the beach in December, if something doesn't come thru--at least you will have warmer weather than we will if you have to sleep on the beach, too! :teeth:

I'm in the same boat. Lines of communication got mixed up between DH and myself this year. I had it all worked out to be there Nov 1 to 9th. Just before booking airline tickets we realize he can only go for Nov 2 to 10th!!!
We are still waiting for the last day...already switching from BWv to SSR midway and don't really want to switch twice... In my case that particular time is---last weekend of F&W----Jersey week---Super Soap weekend---Veteran's day----
Good luck to you...hope all our wishes come true !!

HOLY CRAP!!!!

I randomly looked at the DVC website yesterday in vague hope that my waitlist came thru and it did!!!!

I thought I'd have a heart attack right there!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO exited!!!

Boardwalk Villas Here I COME!!!!!

YAY!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Congratulations!
Now go and buy 1 lottery ticket today!
Have a great trip! :sunny:

Glad yours came through. Mine came through this week as well!

Must be a lot of DVCr's finally making final decisions on their stays...

Goofy's apprentice said:
Glad yours came through. Mine came through this week as well!

Must be a lot of DVCr's finally making final decisions on their stays...

Awesome!! I'm so happy that it came thru for you too!!! Let's do a little we-made-our-waitlist dance :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

hehe...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Briar*rose :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

It is definitely time to celebrate.....

Yes....now that I know we don't have to search for a room, I can concentrate on nagging my DH to firm up the rental car details !!!

Congratulations on your waitlist success! It is a great feeling to see that reservation on the Member website. Enjoy your stay!!!

Whew! What a relief. I was staring to get nervous for you and then scrolled down and saw that you got it! Playing the Waitlist game kind of feels like playing "Chicken" to me. I don't have the nerves of steel for it! Well thank goodnes, and have fun on your trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter