This Thrs, Fri, or Sat? Which day for IOA

dockrue

Earning My Ears
Only going to be one day for IOA this week, so any recommendations on when would be best? I don't care rain or shine, but how about the amount of traffic in the park? Thanks for your thoughts.

this is the last weekend before a lot of kids start back to school 8/13/01. this past saturday was slammed. hulk hit 60 minutre wait by 9:45 and never went below that for the time i was there. this sunday morning was great but according to the green one it was slammed again in the pm.
i do not go thru the week so maybe someone else can help you on thurs or fri.
this is one weekend i may not even go. :(

My personal experience is that the later in the week you go the more crowded it is. I haven't been on a Saturday but those "in the know" say to avoid Saturday at all costs.

Good luck!

That's interesting, when I was there on a Tuesday (April) nothing at IOA was longer than 20min (xcept sm) wait!

When we toured as a family, tues-Fri, Friday was defenitely the busiest day we experience.

Here's a cutting from a reply to another best day question. The writer is Kelly Monaghan, author of Universal Orlando and The Other Orlando.

Here's what I had to say on the "best day of the week" topic in the latest edition of my Universal orlando guidebook:

A fair bit of advice has been written about the best days of the week to visit the various Orlando area theme parks and I’ve written my share of it. In the fullness of time, however, I have come to believe that such guidance is of limited use, for a number of reasons. First, as I’ve already mentioned, if you’re anywhere near normal, theme park crowds are going to seem overwhelming most of the time anyway. Second, there’s a problem with averages. You could well arrive on the “slowest” day of the week only to find that there’s been an atypical blip in attendance.

One reason for attendance being unpredictable is the frequent special events and corporate promotions that can flood the parks with an extra several thousand people or even close them altogether. To cite just one example, I was visiting Islands of Adventure on a day when a major car manufacturer was hosting thousands of its customers as part of a special promotion. Not only did these lucky folks get early admission to the park, so that when the rest of us mere mortals were allowed in the place was packed, but the park closed early so that the favored few could have the place to themselves until late into the night.

Note: In theory, you can get advance warning about these park-flooding events by calling Guest Services, but only 48 hours prior to the actual date of the event.

That being said, one popular view has it that Saturday and Sunday are good days to visit Universal Studios Florida on the theory that most folks start their vacations on the weekend and that most of those who come to Orlando go to Disney first. Following this theory, Monday through Wednesday become the “busy” days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter