This makes sense, right?

la79al

DIS Veteran
Our arrival day, I am thinking we will get to Pop around 11/11:30. We have ADRs for Boma around 5. Since we can't get a direct bus to AKL or back, I am thinking we may as well make a whole trip out of it and go Pop to DTD, to AKL to DHS back to Pop. We can fit in some shopping, dinner and Osborne lights before an early bed. This makes sense doesn't it? Rather than take a zillion buses just to get to dinner?

If you were wanting to do those things, that plan works just perfectly.

As long as DHS is open late enough after your dinner, sure!

The Pop -> DTD and the DTD -> AKL legs are going to be very long and time-consuming, as DTD is on the far edge of property, and so is AKL...

I'd either go Pop to AK or DHS first, then to AKL, then to DHS then return to Pop.

The Pop -> DTD and the DTD -> AKL legs are going to be very long and time-consuming, as DTD is on the far edge of property, and so is AKL...

I'd either go Pop to AK or DHS first, then to AKL, then to DHS then return to Pop.

I just assumed they were planning to spend the day at DTD shopping etc. before dinner; if not, then yeah, this is a more direct routing.

On our September trip, we had 445pm reservations at Boma. We spent the day at AK and took the bus over to AKL. This one leg alone was a time-suck....and we were as geographically close as we could be to AKL.

We are a park-hopping family and love having various destinations on each day's itinerary. That said, we were really surprised at how much travel time was required getting to meals at resorts.

Whatever you decide, have a BLAST! Boma was great and the AKL is gorgeous. We had a fabulous dinner and our girls had so much fun looking at the animals and enjoying the games they had going on at the AKL.

Have a wonderful trip!

So now I am wondering if I should cancel our ADRs for Boma and pick someplace else instead. Boma has been getting so-so reviews on here lately and I was really hoping to not spend forever on Disney transportation.

Well, I have never had a bad meal at Boma and I have eaten there over 25 times. I guess to each their own, maybe some folks don't like African themed cuisine. IMHO I would not cancel that ADR. Plus the AK Lodge itself is a beautiful place to explore.

Where you are planning to do activities at all legs, you are in effect only waiting for a bus to take you to your next activity and not trying to make connections. I would be at the DTD bus stop 45 minutes prior to your ADR at Boma as this is your only time constraint. Studios would be a great place to go to make your transfer back to PO as long as Studios is open. I like the idea of stopping to see the Osborne lights after dinner. Again this breaks up the bus waits and you don't get stressed out.

BTW: POP-DTD is about a 10 minute ride tops and DTD-AKL is 15-20 minutes tops. DTD heads out BVD to Victory to Osceola Parkway which makes this route faster than going from DTD to BW due to all the traffic and stop lights.

So now I am wondering if I should cancel our ADRs for Boma and pick someplace else instead. Boma has been getting so-so reviews on here lately and I was really hoping to not spend forever on Disney transportation.

Again, it appeared you had just planned around the transportation and had things you were going to do, in that case, what you listed was about spot on.. If you were just looking for transportation, for the first leg take POP to AK, then bus to AKL. Or a cab from POP to AKL. After that if DHS isnt open after Boma, then either take a cab back to POP or then take a bus from AKL to DTD and back to POP, but that would suck just using it for transportation only.

Or sign up for a DVC showing, go there enjoy that, you never know you may wind up buying ;), and have them drop you off at AKL :). Then do one of the other ways back to POP.

IMO, that's a lot of bus rides to get to a dinner that you're not 100% sure about. Our kids (10 and 12) love AKL but aren't crazy about the restaurants there. They'd much rather eat at one of the DTD restaurants. Might want to spend the day at DTD, eat and head over to DHS. Just a thought...

You could take a cab. Shouldn't be terribly expensive.

If you're not wedded to DTD, you could take the bus to DHS, spend the afternoon there and then hop a bus to AKL. Just leave plenty of time.

We love Boma and AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter