This Land is MY Land!!! A July 4th PTR ~ Updated 7/2: When is the fun gonna start??

Oh my goodness why thank you!!!! I'm so mad b/c I wasn't able to adjust my sleep schedule in time for this, so naturally tomorrow I'm sure I'll be running on like 1 hr of sleep! Such a shame to be delirious w/ fatigue when the MK is open 'til 3am!

And also, you know that crazy Voices of Liberty July 4th pageant in Epcot that we were talking about? Well they have 3 performances that day- the last one is at 3pm, so maybe we can make it! I thought there was only the one at 12:30pm, which we definitely wouldn't be able to attend.

June 2, 2013: When is the fun gonna start???

Why hello again, everyone! I'm leaving TOMORROW!!!!! I'm rather concerned b/c I'll have to wake up around 4:30-5am and last night I went to sleep at 4am, so who knows what will happen?? I've already paid my bills, packed most of my suitcase, watched the Full House "The House Meets the Mouse" episode (the title of this segment is a direct Michele Tanner quote of course), and cleaned my apartment! Now all I have to do is finish packing, figure how much research material I need to take w/ me (I'll have to work on my paper during the few days we're visiting my bro in Texas), and watch the Jon & Kate Plus 8 Hit the Road WDW special! I started watching a little bit of the beginning and realized that one of the main reasons I watched that show was b/c I so much enjoyed watching Kate yell at clueless Jon.

The past week has been horribly stressful as Loki had a medical crisis- after a $4000 vet bill, he was diagnosed w/ the beginnings of Addison's disease (adrenal gland failure). Thank goodness it can be treated! The stuff the adrenal gland produces can be substituted w/ steroids. Loki wasn't able to eat for a few days and lost 8 lbs! My Dad is now w/ him at the house, giving him his medicine and feeding him his chicken/rice meals. He's still not his usual self and isn't even asking to go out for his favorite event of the day, his walk, but he should make a full recovery! Speaking of walking, I walked a St. Bernard today at the shelter where I volunteer!! I've never met a St. Bernard in person so was super excited- her head is SO BIG! It's bigger than my head and it was crazy. Then I got slimed. Never underestimate the sticking power of genuine St. Bernard slime.

Anyway, as I briefly mentioned at the end of the last post, I acquired a new outfit that I think is perfectly appropriate for 'Ohana. J. Crew was having a great sale so I ordered this:

And yes, I'm sure some people may be inclined to think that it's a little busy but who cares? I just love the print b/c it reminds me of the Poly! The shorts are a little short though, but machine washable! However the top is silk. I was wanting to wear it to our 'Ohana dinner but we were planning on going straight to the MK for the rest of evening directly afterwards- I don't know if I'd be comfortable in that outfit for that long, and I don't want the top to get screwed up on BTMR or something.

I'm not really sure what I'm planning on calling the future TR- maybe "The Wild America Trek" or something patriotic. Picking the proper title is always so taxing! Anyway, I better finish watching Jon & Kate and complete the packing process so I don't miss the airport shuttle tomorrow morning, which I've done a few times (that leads to a very expensive taxi ride). I don't know what's wrong w/ me- I've been late to absolutely everything (I'm serious- 100%) by 2-20 min over the past few months- I think I'm going through a delinquent phase. Or maybe graduate school is making me a little crazy.

Before I leave, I'll leave you w/ this great Disney-related interview segment. I pestered my Mom w/ these questions a few nights ago! It took her a particularly long time to decide on her answer to question #4:

MAUREEN'S INTERVIEW SEGMENT:

1) Favorite Disney movie: Beauty & the Beast
2) Favorite Disney character: Belle
3) Favorite Disneyland ride: Indiana Jones
4) Favorite WDW ride: BTMR
5) Favorite WDW dining experience: Le Cellier, Coral Reef, 'Ohana
6) Favorite WDW food item: banana bread pudding ('Ohana), Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse (Coral Reef)
7) Favorite WDW park: Epcot
8) Favorite Epcot pavilion: Germany
9) Favorite WDW souvenir: glass slipper long sleeve t-shirt from DHS

10) What are you most looking forward to on our July trip?
-the dining experiences
11) What was your favorite thing we've done at WDW so far?
-holiday sleigh ride through FW

LAUREN'S INTERVIEW SEGMENT:

1) Favorite Disney movie: Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid
2) Favorite Disney character: Pocahontas
3) Favorite Disneyland ride: Indiana Jones
4) Favorite WDW ride: Maelstrom
5) Favorite WDW dining experience: 'Ohana (for dinner and breakfast!), Kona Cafe (for breakfast)
6) Favorite WDW food item: Chocolate moose (Le Cellier)
7) Favorite WDW park: AK
8) Favorite Epcot pavilion: Norway
9) Favorite WDW souvenir: Disney credit card holder (WOD)

10) What are you most looking forward to on our July trip?
-the Wild Africa Trek!!!!
11) What was your favorite thing we've done at WDW so far?
-holiday sleigh ride through FW

Well, that about wraps this PTR up. Thanks so much to everyone for following along and keeping me company! I'll see ya real soon!!!!

You're on your way right now!!!!! So exciting!

I don't know if you'll see this until after you return but I hope you have a wonderful time. You've got some great plans and I cannot wait to hear about your holiday in the World. Hope to see your TR soon!

Have a great trip and I look forward to your patriotically themed TR!!! :)

Oh, and I have that glass slipper long sleeve tee as well. Love it!!

Assuming there were no flight delays (and I hope there wasn't!), I'm guessing it's possible you're there now! :D I hope you have a wonderful trip, and I am so looking forward to hearing about it!

Sort of random, but the WDW Full House episode was on Monday, and I remember the first time I had heard about it was your first WDW TR. I ended up watching most of it.

Sending good thoughts to Loki, and again, I hope you have an amazing time!!

Oh my goodness why thank you!!!! I'm so mad b/c I wasn't able to adjust my sleep schedule in time for this, so naturally tomorrow I'm sure I'll be running on like 1 hr of sleep! Such a shame to be delirious w/ fatigue when the MK is open 'til 3am!

And also, you know that crazy Voices of Liberty July 4th pageant in Epcot that we were talking about? Well they have 3 performances that day- the last one is at 3pm, so maybe we can make it! I thought there was only the one at 12:30pm, which we definitely wouldn't be able to attend.

Wow I am so excited! You MUST attend that concert! It sounds completely amazing! Please be sure to take some videos if you can go! Hope you were able to sleep at some point haha. Especially before the Trek tomorrow! That outfit does look very Poly-ish! You'll have to take a pic with that waterfall and stuff in the lobby!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter