• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This just in...

h20jag

<br><font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=m
Due to inclement weather the Grand Opening of the Macy's Holiday Parade at Universal Studios Orlando has been postponed until Tuesday, December 17.

Just read this at themeparks.com, don't know if it's true. Too late to canx the week-end for us. Oh well.
Jim

I just saw Carol Alt on our local NYC news morning show. She was at Universal getting ready for the parade, showing the balloons and performers. She's the Grand Marshall, and I got the impression that the parade was today.

universal was having two parades today, but they cancelled the 12pm parade due to the weather, but the 5pm parade is still on, as far as i know, if the winds and rain are not that bad they it's no problem at all to do the parade, but if there is lightning in the area, then parade does not step off. The noon parade is mainly for the media.

Geez, this weather here in FL is very nasty right now! Un-seasonably so.
We just had a horrible thunderstorm with tornado watches. It looks like it's throughout the state. I hope it clears up in orlando for you all!

The paper says it's just El Nino but I'm confused. The parade happens twice a day? Is there some site I can check to know the parade times in advance?

Again...

Friday's noon parade performance was mainly for the media. It was cancelled on Thursday once weather reports were in. Universal did not want the media to see the parade on a horribly rainy and overcast day. The regularly scheduled daily 5pm parade went on as planned.

As far as inclement weather goes, the parade will step off at 5pm from the soundstage area every day, rain or shine unless there is lightning nearby.

The media performance has been rescheduled.

Thanks, but my Coke carton gives the span of both park's parades and then says " select days " as though they aren't havining it every day.:confused:

Saw the parade. I wouldn't be too disappointed if you miss it.

Originally posted by Kay1
Thanks, but my Coke carton gives the span of both park's parades and then says " select days " as though they aren't havining it every day.:confused:

It was just referring to the fact that Macy's just started yesterday, whereas Grinchmas has been running for a couple of weeks now.

Thanks, then. I'll stop worrying about them " havining " it next week.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter