This just in from Disney Parks blog!

Something I just read on FB....how will this work if you have a FP for the fireworks or Fantasmic? If you can't get your fourth until you used all three, and one of your three is for nighttime entertainment, are you out of luck?

I guess I don't understand why this is good news...if you have to wait until you use your 3 fast passes, then most of the fast passes will already be gone. :confused3

Or otherwise then you have to schedule all your fast passes first thing in the morning, which will kind of ruin the idea of getting there early for rope drop to get on rides w/out waiting.

If they are going to do something, then let it be more scheduled fast passes, or being able to schedule 3 (each) in two parks on same day!

I agree....the method we've been using is to get FP+ for late in the day....because arriving early we can do well in standby. But, if I have to use all 3 before I can get one more, then by late day there may not be much left.

Unless....their ultimate evil goal (insert maniacal laughter) is to have every ride every guest takes planned ahead of time, in essence there is no standby. (maniacal laughter rises in both volume and pitch). ;)

Can you imagine what the kiosk lines will be like, especially in the evenings? I can see people standing in line 45 minutes only to find out the only available FP+ available is for Captain EO! :scared:

I just spilled my coffee onto my desk laughing, thanks shyjade!:rotfl2::guilty:

pixiedust:
Holly

Awesome!!!! I just knew this would happen. They asked way to may questions after our trip regarding all things fast pass! Perhaps this will make everyone more happy!! Also hope it is not an April Fools. Th slink looks good though!!:cool1::cool1:

"Entitlements"? Interesting choice of word.

I wouldn't read anything into that. Isn't that the same terminology they use for the dining plan?

I guess I don't understand why this is good news...if you have to wait until you use your 3 fast passes, then most of the fast passes will already be gone. :confused3

Or otherwise then you have to schedule all your fast passes first thing in the morning, which will kind of ruin the idea of getting there early for rope drop to get on rides w/out waiting.

If they are going to do something, then let it be more scheduled fast passes, or being able to schedule 3 (each) in two parks on same day!

That about covers it.

This is interesting. I suppose now the wisdom will be to not save your 3 FPs until evening and to use them earlier in the day so you can get another. I wonder how soon this will go into effect.

Yep, just as I feared. Rope drop as a coping strategy might have just taken a huge hit.

Something I just read on FB....how will this work if you have a FP for the fireworks or Fantasmic? If you can't get your fourth until you used all three, and one of your three is for nighttime entertainment, are you out of luck?

I would imagine you would just be out of luck. Even more so if you build your entire day around that and weather cancels MSEP or Wishes.

I agree....the method we've been using is to get FP+ for late in the day....because arriving early we can do well in standby. But, if I have to use all 3 before I can get one more, then by late day there may not be much left.

Unless....their ultimate evil goal (insert maniacal laughter) is to have every ride every guest takes planned ahead of time, in essence there is no standby. (maniacal laughter rises in both volume and pitch). ;)

Exactly!

I wanted to save my fast passes for the later in the day, or maybe the evening for parks open late. But now if I do that, I'll for sure not be able to get anymore.

And now if more people are at rope-drop to be able to get more fast passes....ugh. :rotfl:

I wonder if the "extra" fastpass+ will be from any tier. It would be awesome if we could add a late soarin' fastpass that we didn't get to do because we already did TT that day... I guess we will just have to wait and see!

I wonder what the time table is for this to happen. This will definitely alter touring strategy for our late May trip as I have most of our FP selections for late afternoon/eve. The positive news is that they are listening to feedback and adjusting the system.

They could do this tonight if they wanted to, most likely.

Some time ago there was quite the discussion here about the design of this, and that it was likely, according to a few people in the know about the world of coding, that the system was preprogramed with a host of options that Disney could turn on, or off, modify, etc.

Literally there is most likely a drop down box "After prebooked FPs used, allow more ?" Yes, No ? Literally pull the drop down box, click yes.

Even if it weren't THAT simple, this wouldn't be difficult to code in the slightest, even assuming they were programing this the good ol' fashion way in like BASIC or something ...

What is MORE frustrating for me, is that so MANY people here say these issues so long ago, this could easily have been the form in which FP+ rolled out for testing, but instead they have screwed with people's vacations and alienated some of their most loyal guests. And yes, this recognizes that some people have been just fine with FP+ as its rolled out, but other people clearly are not.

So I wonder if they require that you use all 3 before booking another, or if you can use 1, then cancel the others and schedule another? The line for Captain EO really might take a hit! :rotfl2: Or maybe people will just go scan their bands, then back through the line and take off running for the nearest kiosk? :rotfl2:

So I wonder if they require that you use all 3 before booking another, or if you can use 1, then cancel the others and schedule another? The line for Captain EO really might take a hit! :rotfl2: Or maybe people will just go scan their bands, then back through the line and take off running for the nearest kiosk? :rotfl2:

Really!

This really messes with my plans. I'm not going until October, so hopefully I can see how rope drop mornings will be affected.

Boo. :sad1:

Really!

This really messes with my plans. I'm not going until October, so hopefully I can see how rope drop mornings will be affected.

Boo. :sad1:

If they get this going pretty soon, I imagine we'll get enough reports here on the DIS to tell whether it's worth messing with your original plan to hope for some leftover slots.

People in the park for half a day, might only need 3. However, for those who would have stayed in the park before the 3 FP restriction and who leave earlier now, because of the restriction - For those folks, they might be more apt to stay if they can schedule more FP.

It could work if you schedule your first three for the mid afternoon when the lines are really at their peak and then go from there. I don't think you'd HAVE to schedule them for in the morning unless that was the only option left available to you. We'll see how it works out. This seems like a step in the right direction for most, though.

People in the park for half a day, might only need 3. However, for those who would have stayed in the park before the 3 FP restriction and who leave earlier now, because of the restriction, might be more apt to stay if they can schedule more FP.

Only if they reliably find decent selections remaining when their 3 are done. And I suppose to some degree only if the lines at the kiosks are reasonable enough to take a chance on. I'm hoping that kiosk stipulation is temporary for some reason and that eventually they will let people do it with the app.

I'm confused why people are upset about the kiosks? Aren't they in the same locations of the fast pass - kiosks? And was there limited availability on popular rides on fast pass -? You wouldn't expect to pull a tsm fp at 4 pm even with the old system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter