"This Isn't Disneyworld. . .It's Rainworld!!" our trip to WDW May 16-23, 2009

GREAT UPDATE!!! I love the dresses; I remember them from the PTR I knew they would be adorable! :)
Ya'll did a great job with the characters!!! As always the pics are GREAT!!!

Thank you sooo much!! :goodvibes

Becky, every time I read an update, I don't think your pictures can get any better, but every update they do! Those safari pictures are fabulous and the Lion King ones are amazing. :worship: Shawn put his good camera away to watch Lion King, so I only had the crummy ones that I took with the small camera. Yours are breathtaking. And don't get me started on the pictures of your girls with the characters!! I love the one of Ally and Minnie! Adorable! Great update....as always.....popcorn::popcorn::

Sara

Aww Sara!! Thank you!! I LOVE the pics that my Canon Rebel takes (and I love taking pics--it's so much fun!!). What kind of camera does Shawn have? From what I could tell on the beach at the Poly Saturday night, it looked VERY nice!!

Wow! You got some great Lion King pictures. :thumbsup2

Thank you Lessa!! princess:

I love the pic of Ally w/Dale! and the one of Claire w/the dumpling! So, sorry that is rained ya'll out, also. May was a bad month for us all--hoping next year will be better.
Coconut race that is soooo cute! Ashton bday is coming soon that would be cute to do or something along those lines.

Yes, I am hoping next year will be better. I feel like we hardly got to see any of AK! Oooh--coconut races at a birthday party--that sounds like fun! The kids really enjoyed it!!

I remember the week of your trip, I had just gotten into your PTR and wondered all week how much you all were able to do with all of that rain. I think you and Brent are troopers! I would have had a hard time staying out in that rain, even at my favorite Animal Kingdom! Great update! : )

I remember the week of your trip, I had just gotten into your PTR and wondered all week how much you all were able to do with all of that rain. I think you and Brent are troopers! I would have had a hard time staying out in that rain, even at my favorite Animal Kingdom! Great update! : )

Thanks!! Yeah--well we knew we could either make the best of it or miss out on a lot of fun stuff!! So we made the best of it! There was a lot we didn't get to see but that just makes us want to go back even more! :goodvibes

Your pictures are amazing! The girls looked like they really enjoyed Ohana. I can't wait to hear what Princesses you had at Akershus. In January we saw Aurora, Jasmine, Snow White and Mary Poppins! That was Madison's first character dining experience and she really enjoyed it.

Aww Sara!! Thank you!! I LOVE the pics that my Canon Rebel takes (and I love taking pics--it's so much fun!!). What kind of camera does Shawn have? From what I could tell on the beach at the Poly Saturday night, it looked VERY nice!!

Shawn has a Nikon D80 and he loves it. :goodvibes

Great rest of your day! Ugh...that rain!!! The finale pic at the Lion King is so beautiful! Glad Ally liked Dinosaur. My oldest, Michael, rode it for the first time when he was 4 and he did fine as well! Many kids get really frightened though. Neither of my girls have been on it yet, since we didn't go to the AK on our October trip, so I have no clue how they will handle it, but I think they will be fine. Hope so anyway!

Again, with the pictures...your Nemo pics are fabulous. You should post some over on the photography threads - there's a Picture of the Day thread you should post on!

Love 'Ohana! That dessert is one of THE best in all of WDW!!! Love the pic with the surfboard! :thumbsup2

Sara

Your pictures are amazing! The girls looked like they really enjoyed Ohana. I can't wait to hear what Princesses you had at Akershus. In January we saw Aurora, Jasmine, Snow White and Mary Poppins! That was Madison's first character dining experience and she really enjoyed it.

Thanks Meghan!! They LOVED O'hana as did we!! Hee hee!! All I can say is that we were very happy with our princesses!! ;) You had Mary Poppins--that's neat!! I didn't know she was a possibility for that meal!!

Shawn has a Nikon D80 and he loves it. :goodvibes

Great rest of your day! Ugh...that rain!!! The finale pic at the Lion King is so beautiful! Glad Ally liked Dinosaur. My oldest, Michael, rode it for the first time when he was 4 and he did fine as well! Many kids get really frightened though. Neither of my girls have been on it yet, since we didn't go to the AK on our October trip, so I have no clue how they will handle it, but I think they will be fine. Hope so anyway!

Again, with the pictures...your Nemo pics are fabulous. You should post some over on the photography threads - there's a Picture of the Day thread you should post on!

Love 'Ohana! That dessert is one of THE best in all of WDW!!! Love the pic with the surfboard! :thumbsup2

Sara

Ooooh--nice camera!! Very nice!! :thumbsup2

Yes, the rain was just lovely!! :lmao: But we did have a great day! Oooh--I didn't even know that there were photography threads!! I'll have to check that out! Thanks! Yes, we will definitely be eating at O'hana again!! Sooo yummy!!

Amazing updates.:thumbsup2

What adorable dresses. Love them. I love the Lion King Show too. I'd have to say it is my favorite of all the shows I've seen in WDW and DLR. You did get great seats. So many great pictures. I especially love the picture of you pressing your face against Claires dirty face and she is all smiles. So cute.:cloud9:

Amazing updates.:thumbsup2

What adorable dresses. Love them. I love the Lion King Show too. I'd have to say it is my favorite of all the shows I've seen in WDW and DLR. You did get great seats. So many great pictures. I especially love the picture of you pressing your face against Claires dirty face and she is all smiles. So cute.:cloud9:

Thank you!! Lion King and Beauty and the Beast are my favorite shows--I don't think I could pick between them. :lovestruc

And then for the best part of all--bread pudding served a la mode with bananas foster sauce--YUMMY!! It was so good that we ordered a 2nd one!
333.jpg

Claire & me
349.jpg

Oh my goodness that bread pudding looks so delicious! And that picture of you and Claire is priceless, she is so adorable! Great updates and I absolutely love the girl's dresses and those pictures from Camp Minnie Mickey turned out great! Can't wait to hear about Epcot

Oh my goodness that bread pudding looks so delicious! And that picture of you and Claire is priceless, she is so adorable! Great updates and I absolutely love the girl's dresses and those pictures from Camp Minnie Mickey turned out great! Can't wait to hear about Epcot

It WAS sooo delicious!! I'm a bread pudding snob now--nothing is as good as O'hanas! YUM! Thank you--Claire is such a ham!! Her personality has really blossomed the past fews months. :goodvibes

First of all...sorry it rained so much during your trip! You guys totally made the best out of it though! I am so jealous you got to see so many animals out at the safari! I wanted to go first thing in the morning b/c I heard that was the best time to go. I cant wait to post about AK..it is really funny what happens to us! I hate to keep saying it, but our families are so alike! That pic of Ally working hard to do her best at the race and coming in last...the SAME thing happened to Abby and I have the SAME pic to post as well. Too funny:rotfl:Loving your TR!!!

First of all...sorry it rained so much during your trip! You guys totally made the best out of it though! I am so jealous you got to see so many animals out at the safari! I wanted to go first thing in the morning b/c I heard that was the best time to go. I cant wait to post about AK..it is really funny what happens to us! I hate to keep saying it, but our families are so alike! That pic of Ally working hard to do her best at the race and coming in last...the SAME thing happened to Abby and I have the SAME pic to post as well. Too funny:rotfl:Loving your TR!!!

It's ok Katie--we did make the best of it!! Can't wait to hear about your safari--sounds funny!! Hee hee!! :) Are you serious?! You have the SAME pic of Abby coming in last in the coconut race?! That's too weird!! I think it's great, though!! We can totally relate to each other and it makes it that much more fun! So glad we found each other here on the DIS!! :hug:

Hi there! Just wanted you to know that I am subscribing and I'm on board. I'm only on page one right now, but I just had to comment on the sleeping pictures of your girls. How precious! Some of the best pictures are when they are sleeping, right?

BTW - my husband & I are becoming Alabama fans. My husband loves volleyball, but I love gymnastics and I LOVE watching Alabama compete. The meets against Georgia are always so fun and they seem to have such a good sports program there.

EXCELLENT updates!!! First of all I LOVE the pics with Cinderella! Those are adorable with her in her Cindy outfit! O'Hana...LOVE that place. Cute that we noticed the same Mickey display in the shop. I have quite a few pics of ceilings from these past couple of trips. :laughing: The things you see when looking up...:goodvibes you got some beautiful shots of the Poly too!

I love looking at your pictures. They are great. 11 inches is A LOT of rain! At least you got to see 2 great shows. I love both of them. We didn't see either one last trip, so we have to on our next trip for sure. Your girls dresses are very cute as well.

Love the updates. your pictures of the Safari are awesome! Also love the ones from the Poly and 'Ohana. Looks like you had a good day even with all the rain. The girls dresses are adorable!

So after we got settled I decided to see if we could get our Garden Grocer things delivered. So I called the front desk and they got me in touch with Bells Services. The front desk lady said, "Have a magical day!" Well Bells Services was not so magical for us! I called, gave the guy our name, and he checked and said he didn't have our things. I thought that was wierd as they were supposed to be delivered between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m.! Hmm. . . so I checked my voicemail on my phone and had a message from GG saying they HAD delivered our groceries to Bells Services. Uggh!! So I called them back and the guy was really rude--not magical in the least! He said that he had just checked but he'd check again and call me right back. Well, I waited and waited and hear nothing! By that time we were all starving and wanting to go get something to eat. I didn't know what to do! Finally, there was a knock at the door and it was our stuff!! Thank goodness! Everything was accounted for and put away in our fridge. We headed straight over to Captain Cook's for some lunch!

Great TR so far! Your girls are adorable!!!! I'm so envious you got to stay at the Poly - I would love to someday.

I had the same problem with Bell Services at POR when we went in Sept 08. Our room was not ready when we arrived so we wandered. When our room finally was ready, we checked with Bell Services about our GG order and our bags (since we used ME). They told us that our bags would be in the room by the time we got there, but for our GG order, we had to actually BE in the room. So I should call when we were. Fine, we only had to walk to the room so when we got in and started unpacking our stuff, I called Bell Svcs, the person, while not really rude but not very helpful, put me on hold and disconnected me twice. I was gettting a little anxious plus we were all tired and had to get ready for our first ADR. I finally got hold of someone and within minutes, our order was delivered to our room.

June 13th was my daughter's dance recital and she wore red too! Ally is beautiful! I hope she had fun at the recital!

Hi Becky!
Phew....so sorry I went MIA, I was away all last week, got home yesterday and now I'm catching up on DIS while the kids sleep. You have so many great updates here!! Love all the pics you got!! :lovestruc Ally looks so cute with her hair all done up from BBB and how wonderful that it worked for you for the rest of the week, especially with all of that rain!!! I have to ask, how tough was it to get out after all of that time? ;) Can't wait to hear more....hope you're well!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter