This is your 24th Anniversary? But you're so young!~A 5/12 TR!*PTR link pg 49, 9/14!*

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to apologize for not updating in a while, I'm HOPING I can get an update in tomorrow! I tried last night and I was going to try tonight, but it is SO hot, I feel like I'm melting! So I have to get away from the computer and into the AC! (My computer is in an un-AC'ed room! :confused3) I also have a lot going on, so my DIS time is kind of limited anyway, which is why I'm only replying to a few TR's at a time...hopefully the heat wave will stop and my life will go back to normal soon so I can resume spending hours of my life on the DIS instead of like 30 minutes a day! :laughing:

Hope you can cool off in this gross heat! I get upset when I look at the 10-day forecast and it's 90+! Blech!

Awwww... I'm sorry to hear about that Jen. A heatwave hit my neck of the woods earlier this summer and we had NO AC AT ALL in my house. It was awful, so I understand how hard it must be to go to a room where it is just that hot.

Hope it will pass by along with your busy life so you may return to the DIS! :mickeyjum

I hope it cools off soon and you cool down and life gets back to normalcy for you..

It's weird that your computers room is un-ac'd! :(

The One When I Almost Die...in Disney World!

Monday, May 7 Part 2

Hi! I'm finally doing another update, I'm so excited! I don't want to hurry up and finish this TR soon or anything, but I do want to get moving a little because I'm getting anxious to start a PTR for November! :woohoo:

When we left off, Brandon and I were leaving Future World and walking towards the World Showcase to get lunch.

On the way, I took a quick picture of the floating flowers, because you can't have enough pictures of this view:

P1020280.jpg

I was SO hot and it seemed like our destination was so far away so we walked slowly...eventually we made it here:

P1020283.jpg

Yay! We ate here once, a couple of trips ago, and the I remembered the fish and chips to be amazing! Brandon got in line and I went over to the tables, where luckily, it was still pretty empty, and I grabbed one in the shade!

While I was waiting for Brandon, I cooled off a little, because there was a nice breeze coming off the water, and Epcot looked so pretty and peaceful, and I was just SO happy at that moment, I almost cried. Just so happy to be in Disney, in my favorite place in the world, celebrating my anniversary. I would have been perfectly happy to sit at that table and look out at the water all afternoon!

When Brandon returned, he had 2 orders of fish and chips and of course, a giant beer for himself

P1020286.jpg

(He kept buying the souvenir cups, because they hold more beer, and I asked him what he was going to do with them at home, and he said "use them for beer." How many times do you think he's used them since we've been home? Maybe once! :laughing:)

P1020287.jpg

YUM! The fish and chips were every bit as good as I remembered, maybe even better! Everything was so yummy and fresh and perfect!

We were finishing up and the seating area was getting full and we noticed a family with a stroller and a couple of kids looking around for a seat, so we motioned to them to come over to our table as we were getting our things together, they were really happy to have a seat! I love eating there, but one of the reasons we don't go there too often is the lack of seating. I know you can go down by the water and eat on the benches, but I like having a table in front of me, you know?

We walked through the tea garden in England quickly, and then we made our way over to France.

P1020291.jpg

On the way over, they have topiaries of a couple princesses dancing with their princes, which I thought were really pretty:

P1020292.jpg

P1020293.jpg

Whenever I'm in France, I have to check out how long the line is to meet Marie, and I think there was only one person meeting her so we went over to take our picture with her. She was being really cute, she kept nuzzling Brandon and making purring noises. It's too bad our picture came out terrible, because it was a really sweet moment!

We kind of just wandered around France for a little while and looked at everything, it wasn't very crowded so it was nice to just take our time and look at everything.

P1020298.jpg

P1020299.jpg

Unfortunately I was starting to feel hot again...and it was starting to bother me. One of my favorite places to cool off is Japan, so we walked over there to go in Mitsukoshi for a while.

We looked around for a while, and I thought I was feeling better so we ventured back outside. Japan is such a beautiful pavilion and I always love to look around at everything, and I thought I was feeling up to it, so I just kind of wandered and took some pictures:

P1020303.jpg

P1020306.jpg

P1020307.jpg

We eventually moved on to America, where the Toy Story topiaries were:

P1020310.jpg

Yes, Lotso is a jerk, one of the most horrible Disney villains ever, but he is really cute, and it smelled like strawberries near him!

We kept walking and stopped to look at the Snow White topiaries...I wanted to get a picture of all of the Dwarves, but it was almost impossible, with all of the people taking pictures of them, this is the best I could do

P1020316.jpg

Then we noticed that the little village with the train in Germany was having their own Flower and Garden Festival!

P1020318.jpg

How cute is that? :goodvibes

In Germany is when I realized that the heat was really, really starting to get to me...I kept drinking water and we kept stopping, but I was starting to get a headache from the heat, so I assumed a migraine was coming. I needed to go inside to get out of the heat, so Brandon went to get a beer and I went into the shops in Germany and looked around. I was starting to feel a little dizzy and weird, but I tried to ignore it. I figured if I just went inside and kept drinking water, it would pass.

I distracted myself by looking at all the cute Rapunzel things they have in Germany

P1020321.jpg

P1020322.jpg

and I kept trying to tell myself I was ok, but I knew I wasn't...I was not cooling off, the water was doing nothing, and my headache was getting worse and worse. I was sweating but it was that weird kind of sweating where you almost feel cold on the inside, even though you're baking on the outside...I started to panic, and when Brandon found me, I said "I need to sit in a really cool place for a while or I might die."

Brandon asked me where I wanted to go, and I really wanted to go back to the Beach Club, but there was no way I could walk that far. So I said we should go to Mexico, since it was nice and cool and dark in there, and there were places we could sit.

It was probably the longest walk of my life to go from Germany to Mexico...I was SO hot, my heart was pounding, and what was really scaring me was how cold I felt inside my body but how hot my skin felt. It's weird to feel like you can't deal with the heat but also feel like you're shivering. It's actually pretty terrifying...I've felt that way before because of the heat, but only a couple of times. :eek:

We finally made it into Mexico, and luckily the bench near the Ditch was available, so we grabbed it and I just sat. I think I started crying a little, not sobbing or anything, but I was definitely teary...I just felt so awful, and I wanted to cool off and feel better. Brandon usually thinks I'm being a baby when I tell him I can't deal with the heat, but this time he actually seemed really concerned, which freaked me out a little...he said my skin was really hot, even after we were in there for a while, so I asked him to find me some ice.

He went into La Cava and after a few minutes, he came back out with a huge bag of ice, wrapped in paper towels. He said he explained to the CM what was happening and he felt really bad, so he made me an ice pack, and said it happens all the time. The ice made me feel so much better! I must have looked like a freak sitting there, holding this huge ice pack on my head, putting it on face...I was even rubbing it on my arms and legs, and it was melting, so everything I was wearing was getting wet, I didn't care. That ice probably saved my life, because if I didn't start feeling better, I was going to find a way to drag myself to the medical center. I really didn't know what to do anymore, I was trying everything, so if the ice didn't work, I would have really started having a panic attack! Luckily it did, and I didn't need medical attention, but I was really, really worried for a while!

We were probably on that bench in Mexico for an hour or so. I just sat and drank water and kept icing myself, and Brandon stayed there most of the time, except when he got up to get himself a margarita. I had a tiny sip, and when I tasted the salt on the glass, I felt this weird urge to lick all of it off! It seemed like my body was craving salt for some reason...don't you lose salt when you are dehydrated? I don't know what was happening, but I really wanted salt...Brandon said I shouldn't because he thought that salt makes you dehydrated, but I could swear you're supposed to replenish it...isn't there a lot of sodium in Gatorade and Powerade?

After what seemed like forever, I almost started feeling normal again. I wasn't sweating, my heart wasn't pounding, the dizziness was gone...I did have a migraine, but nothing would make that go away except sleep and some Excedrin, so I kind of just had to deal with it. I was just happy that I didn't feel like I might die anymore. I walked around and took some pictures, because I just needed to do something with myself:

P1020326.jpg

P1020327.jpg

I felt bad that Brandon had to sit there for so long with me, so I said I felt ok enough to go on the Gran Fiesta Tour if he wanted to, and there was no line, so we hopped on that.

P1020332.jpg

It was nice and quiet and relaxing, and even though I didn't feel sick anymore, I felt drained, and my migraine was starting to bother me, so I suggested we start the long walk back to the Beach Club. It figures that we had to be as far away from the International Gateway as possible, right? :rotfl: Staying at the BC and walking to Epcot is awesome, EXCEPT when you are on the opposite end of Epcot, feeling like death!

We made it back to the BC, and I immediately crawled into bed and passed out.

Up next...will we make it to our dinner ADR?

Oh No. So sorry you got overheated and started to feel so bad. I bet you were getting a little anxious with how you felt and that's probably why you felt like your heart was racing. So glad the ice did the trick! I don't do well in extreme heat either and I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Darn migraines. I hope you wake up relaxed and refreshed. :goodvibes

Oh wow, how scary that must have been....especially since you were drinking water and that wasnt helping, and the fact that Brandon seemed worried!
You must have slept for hours. That is funny about wanting the salt, it makes sense..

I love Marie- she's such a cute kitty! I've never had a picture with her, I'll have to try and get one!

Ugh, your heat-scare sounds terrible! I had a similar incident recently during a riding lesson... scary when you're on a horse and think you might pass out/die!
REALLY glad the time in Mexico and the ice pack helped you feel better... hope you got the migraine under control!

Boo! I totally understand! I've actually had a couple of episodes like that (and later figured out it was because of a medication I'm on). Once, it landed me in the ER after DH caught me passing out, OUT of the shower! The other time, we were at a baseball game, and I knew it was coming and we tried to get out of the sun and into the shade, but it was too late. It's the worst feeling when you know something is wrong, and you feel awful, but can't do anything!

I'm just so glad you were ok, got cooled off and got better enough to get back to the room!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Jen, great photos of all the topiaries and I can't wait to have that fish and chips in two months.

I'm sorry you got so sick...I would have been scared too. I'm glad you started to feel better.

Heat sickness is bad, so I am glad you were smart enough to realize you needed a break instead of pushing through.

We live in South Carolina, so we are used to the heat. From May to October is about 90 or higher every day. I hate the summers here and yearn to wear a sweatshirt and some jeans.

Looking forward to reading more. What are your November dates ??

Whew, that would've scared me, too! Glad you were able to cool off and feel a little better. I don't do so well in the heat, either.

Yes, Lotso is a jerk, one of the most horrible Disney villains ever, but he is really cute, and it smelled like strawberries near him!

LOL, I was going to ask if the Lotso topiary smelled like strawberries! :laughing:

Love the Rapunzel stuff! The ornament is so pretty. I'm going to have to look for that next time we go.

Ugh, that must've been no fun at all to feel so miserable. Glad the ice helped though and you started to feel better.

Lately I've been hearing so many good things about those Yorkshire fish and chips! It's quite unfortunate that I'm not a fish person... because that stuff looks good! :laughing:

Awww your Marie meet sounds so precious!

Good lord, I've been dreading you getting to this update ever since you told me what happened... that's terrifying! Ahhh goodness. I'm so so glad you got to feeling better! That just sounds like one of those helpless moments where you're trying everything you can think of and nothing will work. Thank God for the ice!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling so sick! Thankfully the ice and sitting helped, I think that salt does help in that kind of situation too (you're right, the Gatorade does have a lot of sodium in it to replenish electrolytes or something like that!). Although I'm not sure that margarita-y salt would have been the best choice :laughing:.

I hope your migraine went away soon!!!

I don't like eating places that don't have a lot of seating all the time either; and you're so kind to make sure that family got your seat when you left :)

OH NO!!! Feeling like "death" is never fun! I am glad that you finally were able to feel better without having to go to a med center!!!! Being in the heat can drain you and make you sick!

Heat stroke is just the WORST...thank goodness for A/C and a kind CM with an ice bag! Mexico was the perfect place to recover, and I'm so glad you didn't have to find a doctor.

That Rapunzel ornament has my name on it. Must have! And the miniature flower and garden festival is one of my favorite things!

Omg...how scary to feel like that! I am so glad you listened to your body and slowed down and cooled off. Thank goodness for the nice CM and the ice bag!

I loved seeing the Rapunzel stuff!!:)

:worried: I'm sorry you had to go through that!! That sounded so scary! I'm glad you started feel better! I'm sure that ice pack helped alot!:thumbsup2

That's too funny about the souvenier beer cups:rotfl: That's what my DH would probably say! Except when he got home he wouldn't put beer in it, he would probably drink everything from it, and eat cereal out of it! haha (okay maybe not that far!)

The fish and chips look good! Ben and I might have to stop there in November!popcorn:: (instead of popcorn, think fish! hahaha)

Definitely sounds as if you were on your way to heat stroke. Glad you were able to get it under control before it got any worse. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter