This is your 24th Anniversary? But you're so young!~A 5/12 TR!*PTR link pg 49, 9/14!*

oooh, I would LOVE to catch WS area in the am!! One year we did get in there right around 11am opening so we did get a bit of a taste of the quiet and peacefulness of it but it was short lived. It's so calm and beautiful in there without others around cluttering it up. haha

I love the cue for Nemo too!! so pretty and beach like! I just wish it was a little bit brighter in there so we could capture more of it on camera to remember it. I got one snap of the little hut in there with the beach grasses growing around it but i would have loved to take SO many more and the one I did take was nothing to be proud of - it was taken with our point and shoot and DH refused to stop and grab a snap with his camera bc he's all about following along and not holding up the line. Next time I'll tell him to stop and take it anyway and I'll direct trafic past him :) LOL

That's SO great the dolphins were being playful for you!! We caught them like that our last trip down and fell in love with them and were hoping to catch them again but they were doing training and it dragged ON and ON!! We finally had to move on bc we had been there so long. i wish we had gone back though bc moments with a playful dolphin are SOOOO magical!!!

Oooh...I'm only a couple of dates late on an update. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously, great update, Jen. Love the view from your room...very pretty.

Sorry the heat was bothering you (it doesn't seem to faze me as long as I drink water and keep a cool rag on my neck). The topiaries are so pretty...thanks for taking the ones of Pooh and friends.

Flat Stanley? She needs a new name. Maybe flat Samantha (like Samantha Brown) or flat Cinderella.

What a beautiful morning. And your pictures are lovely too. I really love that monorail pic.

I'm so glad Brandon decided to get up and go into the park with you.

I'm curious as I how your afternoon went so terribly wrong.

Haha, I should have just asked Caitlin to tell me what her name was, I'm sure she would have made up something good! :rotfl:

Thanks, I love the monorail pic too! I loved all of those red flowers they had around future world, they were so bright and pretty!

Me too, but I was actually ok with going into the park alone for a few hours! I really wanted to give it a try! Next time maybe!

Ugh...the heat...I just don't do well when it's hot! :furious:

That view looks LOVELY!!!!!!

this spring/summer has been weird and HOT!!!! I hate walking around in the extreme heat :(

I'm nervous about what come next??? :(

Maybe call her Flat Sally?

Isn't the view beautiful? I loved going outside every morning to look out there, so pretty!

Yeah, I hate the heat, I hate the summer so much, I'm ready for it to be over already! :rotfl:

Haha, well, it's really not that bad now that I think about it, but at the time, it was awful! :rolleyes2

I know I'm really late to the party, but I'm subbing in.

Nah, you're not late, I just started Day 3! :cool1: Welcome, glad you're here! :woohoo:

I really thought May would be pretty mild too in terms of the weather. I mean, I figured it'd be much warmer than April but not to the point that doing things was unbearable! People say that we should celebrate our anniversary in Disney, but we're going to have to do it earlier because May is NOT the month for me!

HAHA, I just had to laugh at the "... so we took her picture out front like parents do with their non-flat children". And I also love the "take my riding very seriously" comment too.

Yeah, if we ever go on an anniversary trip again, we're going to go in April, May has been too hot both times we have gone. Our Disneymoon had like, 2 really hot days, but then it cooled off, but this May was brutal every single day! :eek:

Haha, yeah, Brandon is good coming up with quick comments like that! I want to eat at 50's Prime Time SO badly, because I think Brandon would have so much fun with the servers there...but I'm too nervous, because I'm so quiet! Maybe I should just have a shot before we go in and get over it! :rotfl2:

Your view was gorgeous!!!!

Ugh, the Nemo queue really does go on FOREVER. I mean, it is awesome, but it could take a slightly more direct route!! :laughing:

Wasn't it? I miss the Beach Club! :(

Haha, yeah, I wonder how long that queue is? It's such a long walk! :rotfl:

This May must have been warmer than it was 3 years prior. The only time I felt like I was too warm for comfort was at AK that year... The rest of the time the weather was pretty nice!! Our Anniversary is May 1 though so we were there a few days prior and then the 1st week of May...

I'm sorry the heat is getting to you this trip! That is the reason I don't think I could EVER go for my birthday!!

I've heard people say that May is still mild in Florida, but I've gone twice now, and it's been hot both times! Our anniversary is May 1 too! But we always go a week or two after, next time (if we go on another anniversary trip) I'm going to try the end of April! :thumbsup2

When is your birthday, in the summer? I'd love to go for my birthday too, but it's in the beginning of September and I know the heat would kill me! Even the end of September is too much for me! :eek:

What a great view at the BC. Gotta love that blue sky with the white clouds. Aww I wish I was there now. :(

Ugh, sorry it was so hot. I remember back in '08 when we went in May it generally wasn't too bad but there was one day where we were at Epcot and walked over to the Dolphin to pick up our rental car (to go to Sea World!). I remember being so hot walking on the Boardwalk.

Love that the CM had some fun with Brandon. haha!

Me too! :( I love the Epcot resort area SO much, I can't wait to stay there again, I think whenever we do decide to stay over there, I'm going to try the Boardwalk!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the heat! I'm dreading this weekend, they're saying it's going to be the most humid it's been all summer, and I HATE humidity! I'm just going to sit in front of the AC all weekend! :rotfl:

Haha, yeah, I love the cool CM's at Disney! The ones that you can tell really love working there! :thumbsup2

oooh, I would LOVE to catch WS area in the am!! One year we did get in there right around 11am opening so we did get a bit of a taste of the quiet and peacefulness of it but it was short lived. It's so calm and beautiful in there without others around cluttering it up. haha

I love the cue for Nemo too!! so pretty and beach like! I just wish it was a little bit brighter in there so we could capture more of it on camera to remember it. I got one snap of the little hut in there with the beach grasses growing around it but i would have loved to take SO many more and the one I did take was nothing to be proud of - it was taken with our point and shoot and DH refused to stop and grab a snap with his camera bc he's all about following along and not holding up the line. Next time I'll tell him to stop and take it anyway and I'll direct trafic past him :) LOL

That's SO great the dolphins were being playful for you!! We caught them like that our last trip down and fell in love with them and were hoping to catch them again but they were doing training and it dragged ON and ON!! We finally had to move on bc we had been there so long. i wish we had gone back though bc moments with a playful dolphin are SOOOO magical!!!

Haha, yeah, WS is really nice without other people in the way! :thumbsup2

The Nemo queue is so pretty, but you're right, it's so hard to take a picture in there! And sometimes it's hard to even see in front of you, maybe they should make it a bit lighter! :woohoo:

The dolphins were so cute, can you believe we have never visited them before? We usually see the manatees and leave, but we decided to hang out for a while, and I'm glad we did, I love dolphins! :yay:

Oooh...I'm only a couple of dates late on an update. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Seriously, great update, Jen. Love the view from your room...very pretty.

Sorry the heat was bothering you (it doesn't seem to faze me as long as I drink water and keep a cool rag on my neck). The topiaries are so pretty...thanks for taking the ones of Pooh and friends.

Haha, I know, that's how I feel on a lot of TR's, I just don't have lots of DIS time in the summer! :confused3

Thank you! Isn't the view great? I'd love to stay at BC on every trip! :lovestruc

I try to drink water, I try to stay cool, but sometimes, I just cannot handle the heat...and when I start feeling bad from it, forget it, there's pretty much nothing I can do except find some AC and wait it out! That's why I like Fall trips to Disney, still warm, but not so hot that you want to pass out! :cool1:

Soarin first thing in the morning? Yes please!
The Seas queue is my absolute favourite! So well done, you feel like you're gradually descending from shore to ocean floor. :thumbsup2
Yikes, sorry that the heat was so unbearable :worried:

:yay: I'm caught up. Not on my housework, but on your TR, which is much more important. We're off to WDW next Thursday, and your trippie has me super-excited (except maybe about the heat).

Isn't the turkey leg rice krispy treat adorable? Have you seen the new car air fresheners they just came out with in Disney? One is a turkey leg! I'm totally getting it in November!

It was a nice night, I just got really tired really quickly, and I couldn't keep going, as much as I wanted to! And I was bummed about the Peoplemover, I feel like if that was going, maybe that would have given me my second wind, but since it was down, I was ready to go to bed! :rotfl:

My first thought with the turkey leg krispy was, "I hope it's not turkey-flavored." I had just seen that they have turkey-scented car fresheners now.:crazy2:

Sorry you couldn't make the most of the whole EMH. I think physically AND emotionally, these trips are really draining. So when you're tired, go to bed. No use making yourselves miserable on vacation.

I'm glad Brandon is on the mend:thumbsup2

Funny (strange, not ha ha) about the POTC seating arrangement. I was traumatized as a 14 y.o. when a CM made me sit with a stranger on the Matterhorn. It was more or less lap-sitting, and this guy was probably in his early 20's. They would never do that now, but I was mortified.

Finally, count me in as another Friends fan. At the beginning of this TR, you said something was "perfection!" I heard it in Chandler's voice, "Gum would be perfection!":rotfl:

I forgot to say, the president's mom's name was Stanley Ann, right? So, does Flat Stanley Ann work?

Sorry I'm such a chatterbox. I'm just really Disney-hyper right now!

I've heard people say that May is still mild in Florida, but I've gone twice now, and it's been hot both times! Our anniversary is May 1 too! But we always go a week or two after, next time (if we go on another anniversary trip) I'm going to try the end of April! :thumbsup2

When is your birthday, in the summer? I'd love to go for my birthday too, but it's in the beginning of September and I know the heat would kill me! Even the end of September is too much for me! :eek:

My birthday is June 14! No way would you catch me in WDW then! I did DL last year for my birthday and even there it was kinda warm for me! I DO NOT like the heat!!

Sounds like a lovely morning! Isn't it so fun to see the World Showcase so empty!! Glad the stand-by for Soarin wasn't too long. I like being in the front too, seeing the dangling feet bothers me too! That stinks that it was getting so hot so quickly :( The exchange between Brandon and the CM is so funny!! :rotfl: The Fantasia topiaries are really cute! Too bad you couldn't fully enjoy them. Can't wait to hear where you were headed to eat but nervous for your "near death experience" eek!!

Great update...and that view from your room....I may have to hide this update from Shanleigh, she wants to stay here so badly!

We spend a lot of time of day in the Seas watching the fish, turtles and finally the dolphins. It was one of my favourite times on the trip!

I love that you captured that little piece of England with no one sitting there and I agree, it's a perfect little place!

What a great shot of the monorail in EPCOT!!!

I never get tired of Soarin, I love the music in that ride, it makes me so relaxed :goodvibes

Soarin' was amazing as always, I'm always going to love that ride so much, it never gets old! I just wish I could sit in the front and center every time, I hate seeing people's feet dangling in front of me!

You can sit front and center every time. When you get to the front of the line, just tell the CM you'd like to wait for B1. He'll put you off to the side and you'll wait for the next flight. It's worth it! :thumbsup2

I love the monorail, I love that it just loops around Future World and you can see it going by all the time!

Franklin LOVES the Epcot monorail, it's one of his favorite vantage points to take photos. He's even joked that now that we're going to be staying at the Epcot DVCs more, we might have to plan on taking a couple trips on the monorail "just for fun." Works for me because the Epcot entrance music "Legacy" is my favorite Disney music of all time!

Not exactly looking forward to hearing about the near-death experience, but I'm interested to know what happened!

Got all caught up here! FINALLY. It's been a while since I've made it in here. Cali Grill looks amazing. I want to go there eventually!

An empty Epcot is probably one of my favorite places in the World, for sure. Beautiful pics!

And I feel like they anticipated the Nemo ride being busier. That line goes on FOREVER. It's adorable, though.

An Epcot morning! Aren't they great? :goodvibes

So, I'm pretty sure we were at the exact same places at the exact same time. :rotfl: I got FPs for Soarin' and rode standby that day, and I know we were at the Seas in the morning, as well. I remember how playful the dolphins were. They are such adorable animals! Easy to sit there and watch them for a long time.

Normally, May isn't that hot, but I know we had a ridiculously warm winter, so that's why it was unbearable then. It felt more like June! :eek: Even with that, I'm happy to hear you were able to grab some photos of the Fantasia topararies and cool off by the Fountain. That's probably the best idea WDW had when creating the park. Putting a large spitting fountain in the middle of the concrete walkways. Makes you feel like you can last a little bit longer in the FL heat.

All caught up! Woo! Well, looks like I didn't miss too much but sounds like a really fun trip as far as I can see. Sorry to hear again about the intense heat, but you seemed to push through well. :thumbsup2 to a great dinner at the California Grill and Wishes, they look so pretty from up top there! :goodvibes I'm sorry though you didn't have a great night, but hey you gots a DISMeet in, always a plus :D And I'm just loving seeing Flat Stanley being everywhere with you guys, I'm guessing he uh she is an official DISer now hehe ;)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I know, I'm counting down the seconds til November, I can't wait!!!

Haha, yeah, I told my DH so many times about the slipper and he had no idea what I meant, so I had to print him out instructions! I'm glad he actually ordered it, I almost thought he'd forget!

I have lots of anxiety too, so I get really nervous meeting people! I'm trying to get better with it, but it's hard when you are used to being a certain way, trying to break that habit and be different! :goodvibes I'm definitely looking forward to meeting more DIS'ers someday!

I wish we did more in MK that night, but we were so tired, we just couldn't keep going!

I'm so excited for Disney, too! We got Free Dining last week, so now I'm going on a planning frenzy! hahahaha :)

I would have to do the same thing for my DH--print off everything so he knows what to do!
He was actually the one that got us free dining, though! I was soooooo happy!:love: He made my next three months!!
When I was telling him what to ask the CM, he was taking notes--it was pretty cute! lol

I can't wait to meet my first DISer, but I will be really nervous! With my new job that I have, I have really overcome my anxiety and social awkwardness because I work in the training department and all the new hires come in, so I have meet them and welcome them in! I also teach a training class, so I have to really overcome my nervousness!

Hope you are having a great week! :)

Yay on waking up to gorgeous weather at Disney! :cool1:

Great topiary pics and am glad you finally made it to Soarin and thought of getting a pic of Caitlin's Flat Stanley before getting in the queue. Eek at the FP return time!

Love the pic of the monorail...that's a great shot :thumbsup2

Lol at Brandon taking his clam riding very seriously and the CM joining in! :laughing:

Okay that near death experience doesn't sound good...hope it wasn't too bad.

Soarin first thing in the morning? Yes please!
The Seas queue is my absolute favourite! So well done, you feel like you're gradually descending from shore to ocean floor. :thumbsup2
Yikes, sorry that the heat was so unbearable :worried:

YES Soarin' first thing is always fantastic! :cool1: LOVE that ride so much!

Isn't the Seas queue so cute? I remember a few years ago, it annoyed me because it was so dark, but now I think it's so pretty!

Ugh, yeah the heat...there's another heat wave right now in CT and it's almost as bad as this day in Disney!

:yay: I'm caught up. Not on my housework, but on your TR, which is much more important. We're off to WDW next Thursday, and your trippie has me super-excited (except maybe about the heat).

My first thought with the turkey leg krispy was, "I hope it's not turkey-flavored." I had just seen that they have turkey-scented car fresheners now.:crazy2:

Sorry you couldn't make the most of the whole EMH. I think physically AND emotionally, these trips are really draining. So when you're tired, go to bed. No use making yourselves miserable on vacation.

I'm glad Brandon is on the mend:thumbsup2

Funny (strange, not ha ha) about the POTC seating arrangement. I was traumatized as a 14 y.o. when a CM made me sit with a stranger on the Matterhorn. It was more or less lap-sitting, and this guy was probably in his early 20's. They would never do that now, but I was mortified.

Finally, count me in as another Friends fan. At the beginning of this TR, you said something was "perfection!" I heard it in Chandler's voice, "Gum would be perfection!":rotfl:

I forgot to say, the president's mom's name was Stanley Ann, right? So, does Flat Stanley Ann work?

Sorry I'm such a chatterbox. I'm just really Disney-hyper right now!

Ooh, next Thursday as in 2 days from now? Yay! :cool1:

Haha, I want one of those turkey leg rice krispy treats, they're so cute!

Disney trips are really draining! I love going there, but by the end, I'm SO tired, I need another vacation to recover from my Disney vacation! :rotfl:

Ugh, that experience on the Matterhorn sounds terrible! :eek: I don't dislike people or anything, but I'm very particular about personal space! :rotfl:

Haha, ohhh, I love Chandler! :thumbsup2 I'm slacking on the Friends quotes, I've noticed, because now that Brandon is home all the time, I don't get to watch 2 hours of Friends like I do when he's at work! Ugh! :laughing:

No problem, I get super excited about Disney right before I'm going to go too! In fact, I'm always super excited about Disney! :banana:

My birthday is June 14! No way would you catch me in WDW then! I did DL last year for my birthday and even there it was kinda warm for me! I DO NOT like the heat!!

OMG I don't know if I could ever do Disney in June! :eek: I'm awful in the heat, it's like 90 and pure humidity here in CT right now, and I feel like I'm dying! I need the Fall!

Sounds like a lovely morning! Isn't it so fun to see the World Showcase so empty!! Glad the stand-by for Soarin wasn't too long. I like being in the front too, seeing the dangling feet bothers me too! That stinks that it was getting so hot so quickly :( The exchange between Brandon and the CM is so funny!! :rotfl: The Fantasia topiaries are really cute! Too bad you couldn't fully enjoy them. Can't wait to hear where you were headed to eat but nervous for your "near death experience" eek!!

It was a nice morning, the empty WS was awesome!

The front of Soarin' is the best, I hate seeing people's feet in front of me! :laughing:

Ugh, it got so hot, it was awful! I wanted to see the topiaries, but I wish we didn't walk that far, I should have waited for another day!

Great update...and that view from your room....I may have to hide this update from Shanleigh, she wants to stay here so badly!

We spend a lot of time of day in the Seas watching the fish, turtles and finally the dolphins. It was one of my favourite times on the trip!

I love that you captured that little piece of England with no one sitting there and I agree, it's a perfect little place!

Thanks! Isn't that a great view? :thumbsup2 I love the Beach Club, I'd stay there on every trip if I could, but it's more of a special occasion place right now! I wish they had like 75% room discounts! :laughing:

I really liked hanging out in the Seas watching all the dolphins and everything! I wish they had some Beluga whales, they are adorable!

England is such a pretty area of Epcot! :cool1:

What a great shot of the monorail in EPCOT!!!

I never get tired of Soarin, I love the music in that ride, it makes me so relaxed :goodvibes

I know, I love that picture! The monorail is so photogenic! :rotfl:

Soarin' is the best, I love the music too! Sometimes when I have a bad day at work, I put the Soarin' music on and I instantly feel better!

You can sit front and center every time. When you get to the front of the line, just tell the CM you'd like to wait for B1. He'll put you off to the side and you'll wait for the next flight. It's worth it! :thumbsup2

Franklin LOVES the Epcot monorail, it's one of his favorite vantage points to take photos. He's even joked that now that we're going to be staying at the Epcot DVCs more, we might have to plan on taking a couple trips on the monorail "just for fun." Works for me because the Epcot entrance music "Legacy" is my favorite Disney music of all time!

Not exactly looking forward to hearing about the near-death experience, but I'm interested to know what happened!

I know you can ask CM's to sit front and center for Soarin', but I feel like they might get annoyed if you do! Maybe I will try it next time, we tried it once a few years ago on our Disneymoon and the CM told us no! :eek: So ever since then I've felt weird about it!

I love the monorail! OMG I love LEGACY!!! It's my ringtone, actually, that's how much I LOVE it! :banana: It's such perfect Epcot music! :dance3:

Got all caught up here! FINALLY. It's been a while since I've made it in here. Cali Grill looks amazing. I want to go there eventually!

An empty Epcot is probably one of my favorite places in the World, for sure. Beautiful pics!

And I feel like they anticipated the Nemo ride being busier. That line goes on FOREVER. It's adorable, though.

Yay, glad you got caught up! Cali Grill was awesome, I'm SO glad we finally tried it! Now Brandon wants to go on every trip!

YES I love empty Epcot! It's so peaceful and beautiful, I could spend my whole trip in the World Showcase!

I remember when I was younger going to Disney, before it was even the Nemo ride, the lines were a lot longer! Then again, we always went in the summer when it was crowded!

An Epcot morning! Aren't they great? :goodvibes

So, I'm pretty sure we were at the exact same places at the exact same time. :rotfl: I got FPs for Soarin' and rode standby that day, and I know we were at the Seas in the morning, as well. I remember how playful the dolphins were. They are such adorable animals! Easy to sit there and watch them for a long time.

Normally, May isn't that hot, but I know we had a ridiculously warm winter, so that's why it was unbearable then. It felt more like June! :eek: Even with that, I'm happy to hear you were able to grab some photos of the Fantasia topararies and cool off by the Fountain. That's probably the best idea WDW had when creating the park. Putting a large spitting fountain in the middle of the concrete walkways. Makes you feel like you can last a little bit longer in the FL heat.

OMG! I was probably right next to you the whole morning and didn't even realize it! :rotfl: I love the dolphins, they are so cute!

Ugh, yeah, this trip was unbearably hot! I remember when I was considering doing the EE race, now I'm so glad I didn't because I would have died in the heat!

Haha, yeah, putting that fountain there was pretty genius! I wonder if they realized people might get sprayed, or if it's just a nice added bonus? Either way, it's nice to get cooled off a little from the mist!

Love the pics of the Fantasia topiaries. I hope the heat didn't get to you too badly!

Thank you! The topiaries were really beautiful this year! Ugh, the heat almost killed me! (Not really but I did feel pretty awful! I'll explain in my next update, whenever that will be! :sad2:)

All caught up! Woo! Well, looks like I didn't miss too much but sounds like a really fun trip as far as I can see. Sorry to hear again about the intense heat, but you seemed to push through well. :thumbsup2 to a great dinner at the California Grill and Wishes, they look so pretty from up top there! :goodvibes I'm sorry though you didn't have a great night, but hey you gots a DISMeet in, always a plus :D And I'm just loving seeing Flat Stanley being everywhere with you guys, I'm guessing he uh she is an official DISer now hehe ;)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Yay! No you didn't miss a lot, this is a slow moving TR! Normally I'm fast with my updates but I have so much going on, this one is taking forever!

Haha, well, I didn't get to the bad part with the heat yet, I tried to push through and it didn't work out too well! :sick:

Cali Grill was amazing, one of the best Disney restaurants ever!

My DISmeet was fun, totally unexpected and awesome! :yay:

Haha, I guess Flat Stanely is an honorary DIS'er, I had to send her back to my niece's school after our trip...hopefully she still likes Disney! :rotfl:

I'm so excited for Disney, too! We got Free Dining last week, so now I'm going on a planning frenzy! hahahaha :)

I would have to do the same thing for my DH--print off everything so he knows what to do!
He was actually the one that got us free dining, though! I was soooooo happy!:love: He made my next three months!!
When I was telling him what to ask the CM, he was taking notes--it was pretty cute! lol

I can't wait to meet my first DISer, but I will be really nervous! With my new job that I have, I have really overcome my anxiety and social awkwardness because I work in the training department and all the new hires come in, so I have meet them and welcome them in! I also teach a training class, so I have to really overcome my nervousness!

Hope you are having a great week! :)

Free Dining is such a great promotion isn't it? Congratulations on getting it! :banana:

I was super nervous meeting a DIS'er, but I don't think it will be so bad if I meet another one, I'm glad I got the first one out of the way! :laughing: Ugh, I don't think I could ever have a job where I had to teach a training class, I'd die! :scared1:

Yay on waking up to gorgeous weather at Disney! :cool1:

Great topiary pics and am glad you finally made it to Soarin and thought of getting a pic of Caitlin's Flat Stanley before getting in the queue. Eek at the FP return time!

Love the pic of the monorail...that's a great shot :thumbsup2

Lol at Brandon taking his clam riding very seriously and the CM joining in! :laughing:

Okay that near death experience doesn't sound good...hope it wasn't too bad.

It's always nice to wake up to blue skies and sunshine in Disney! :woohoo:

I wanted to try to get a picture of Flat Stanley on the actual ride, but I always feel like I'm in such a hurry on Soarin', I have to put my stuff down so fast and get buckled in like we're being timed or something! :rotfl:

Haha, well, no, I didn't really almost die, I was being a bit dramatic, but I did feel really awful for a while! You'll see in the next update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter