This is what my Aunt post on facebook.....how do you take it?

I have seen that post on my facebook several times this past week. I believe in God and know that I am going to Heaven, but I usually don't pay attention to posts like this. When I was a senior in 1983, a group of girls prayed all night because their pastor told them the world was ending that night. Only God knows when the world is ending. The Bible does tell us that their will be more trials and tribulations.

I have seen that post on my facebook several times this past week. I believe in God and know that I am going to Heaven, but I usually don't pay attention to posts like this. When I was a senior in 1983, a group of girls prayed all night because their pastor told them the world was ending that night. Only God knows when the world is ending. The Bible does tell us that their will be more trials and tribulations.

Right on!

Im not sure the passage or verse but God says "you will know not the day nor the time..."

Ya might want to tell your aunt to have a dry martini and calm down a bit.

I grew up in a church that taught the members of the church would be saved while the rest of the world met their end in fire and brimstone. Nice thing to teach little kids, right? Needless to say, I take all of this stuff with a grain of salt. Anything can happen at anytime, you just have to try your best everyday, help others, and stay positive. Oh, yeah, and I don't go to that church anymore...

I'm ready...and I know where I am going. :goodvibes

Me too.... :)

I agree with all that say that only God knows the day and the time. I figure I have nothing to worry about - if He has it figured out, what have I got to fear?

BTW, I appreciate the fact that although it seems some of us on here have different opinions, no one is being rude....that is so nice to see....thanks! :goodvibes

Do you think the possibility of the End of the World affects your Disney trip planning for your family? Have you decided to move up your trip or cancel?

:rolleyes1

Do you think the possibility of the End of the World affects your Disney trip planning for your family? Have you decided to move up your trip or cancel?

I think the whole idea is that some people believe that the end of times is near due to the increase of natural disasters, fighting in the Middle East, etc. How people prepare for that varies. I choose to go on with my life as I would any other time. IMO, if one worries about it too much, they can go crazy.

I am a Christian, and I believe only the Lord knows when the end will come. I prepare by being strong in my faith...not canceling trips. ;)

The way I see it, nations have been at war since the beginning of time. As for natural disasters, with global warming, things like hurricanes, floods, etc. are more commonplace. Those have to have an impact on other areas of the Earth too.

As far as I can gather the September 11 terrorist attacks weren't a random act of God....

December 26 2006 doesn't really fit in with the theory....wait 2X6=12 we'll make it work

But if the world is ending it's a great reason me to bring my trip forward ;)

I would ignore it. 9/11 was a terrorist attack, not a natural disaster, no correlation. And, natural disasters/events have been, and will be, taking place since the dawn of time, and as long as there is an earth. Doesn't mean the end is near.

Well it is certainly a better statment than some of the other junk I have seen about it being pay back for Pearl Harbour :sad2:

I would be more concerned about the next step on the "ring of fire" is. As it seems to be following that in a clockwise fashion.

Kirsten

Well it is certainly a better statment than some of the other junk I have seen about it being pay back for Pearl Harbour :sad2:

I would be more concerned about the next step on the "ring of fire" is. As it seems to be following that in a clockwise fashion.

Kirsten

I heard this morning that the geological survey is concerned about the San Andreas fault line ..I certainly hope that it is not the case

I heard this morning that the geological survey is concerned about the San Andreas fault line ..I certainly hope that it is not the case

I heard that to, but didn't want to freak out any readers on the West Coast. :goodvibes

I have hubby working on a survial kit and I am in the UK, I figure that the one in Christchurch New Zealand was unknown and hadn't moved for over 10,000 years. So whats to say there isn't one sitting under my house here.

We should have one anyway, but all these disasters has prompted me to get it sorted out.

Kirsten

I think you might have missed my point.

I don't think I did. I think you said what you said to question what the topic has to do with Disney. But I did answer your question about whether or not I plan to reschedule my trip with the last part of my post.

If I am way off....then my apologies. :goodvibes

It has nothing to do with any trip to Disney. I was just posting what my Aunt posted and asking what everyone thought of it. I, for one, get a tad bit nervous when people talk about the END. I enjoy my life and would like it to continue!

My DH originally wanted to wait another 2 years before we go to Disney. My argument? The world is going to end in 2012... we need to go now. Therefore we are. lol... so I guess I'm using it to my advantage? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter