This is very sad & difficult to say, but ...

tinkerbell1991

DIS Veteran
We've decided not to go to DLP next year anymore for my 21st as it is becoming more and more expensive.

My fiance who works in the stock market has said that the Euro this time next year will be equivalent to 1.05 on the currency exchange so were not really saving anything.

Also, the price difference has come in at the same price of our meals and spends so its quite alot of money.

I will most likely stay on here as I love reading your reviews of DLP and the restaurants as well as still doing the christmas card exchange but just rather disappointed as I wont be writing a review myself in 7 months time :(

how sad. An yet so true. DLP is getting more and more expensive.

That's a shame.

I can't say I share your partners view that the Euro will strengthen against the pound, if anything I'd say the exact opposite is true.

Though I suppose if any of us could accurately predict it we'd be millionaires staying in the big pink palace (as my son calls it)!

I'm sorry. :( Are you going to plan something special on a smaller scale? I hope so.

That's a shame.

I can't say I share your partners view that the Euro will strengthen against the pound, if anything I'd say the exact opposite is true.

Though I suppose if any of us could accurately predict it we'd be millionaires staying in the big pink palace (as my son calls it)!

True. The only constant has been financial instability worldwide.

I'm tired of all the bail outs. It's not helping. Just delaying.

I'm sorry. :( Are you going to plan something special on a smaller scale? I hope so.

True. The only constant has been financial instability worldwide.

I'm tired of all the bail outs. It's not helping. Just delaying.

Yes we are thank you. We've decided to go to Center Parcs next December for 5 days and I love the look of it during the christmas season.
I've been about 1 times but my fiance has only been once last April with my family so really looking forward to it. He didn't want to do anything for his 21st this year so I'll have to do something special next year while were there for his 22nd :goodvibes
I may have to get up a tad early to decorate the villa in balloons and banners and maybe a cake if he's lucky ;)

Sorry you wont be going back for your birthday but Center Parks sounds good we have friends that love it there and go every year I have never been though xxx

awww sorry to heard you not going to be able to go.
That is the problem now with DLP becoming more and more expensive.
Im looking into staying offsite and getting APs as this seems to be working out alot cheaper than if we stayed in a disney hotel.

Hopefully you will be able to arrange something for the following year for the both of you in DLP and just pretend its for a special birthday ;)

Belle x

While I agree about the prices to an extent i still believe you can do a DLP holidays quite cheaply if you stay offsite for instance I have looked at a 5 night break next June and while staying in hny is over £1000 I have actually found the kyriad for £300!!! Absolutely bargain for 5 nights and as we already have annual passes it makes for a very cheap holiday, with the Eurostar I am looking at £450 which I really can't complain about as I would struggle to get a nice holiday anywhere for that price! And while prices for food etc is expensive it's not much more than most places in Europe such as Spain, Portugal etc

I have stayed in 3 of the 4 offsite hotels and I couldn't fault any of them absolutely fantastic and excellent value for money! I defo believe you can still do dlp on the cheap providing you stay offsite!

Which Center Parcs are you heading to? I used to work there and loved it. I have worked at all 5 of them within the UK (They are opening a 6th which I haven't seen yet), but if you need any advice, let me know.

I agree, we have found ourselves moving away from Florida holidays now, partly because the prices are so ridiculous, that said we have been fortunate to have been so many times we cannot complain.

DLRP is expensive for a short break, though you can get offers on at off-peak times of the year, like our Disneyland Hotel break next year.

I suppose it's the cost of everything not just the hotel, though we priced up a 3 night break in Windsor at an apartment recently and it was £250 per night!

:hug: I'm sorry you've had to come to this decision but I'm sure you'll have just as much a wonderful time at Centre Parcs. I've not been myself but one of my friends has been going for the last three years. She's a massive WDW/DLP fan but her family are all disneyed out so she gets outvoted on the holiday front! She says she enjoys her holidays there just as much but she just misses the characters!

In the three years we didn't visit DLP we noticed how much both Eurostar and flights had increased so by holidaying in this country you save one large expense.

Who knows, you may be able to get yourself a really good deal later in the year (don't forget to consider staying in Val d'Europe as it's not only cheaper hotels but cheaper restaurants) but if not you've years ahead of you to look forward to visiting DLP, it's not going anywhere.

Hope you continue to hang out round here. :goodvibes

that's a shame. We were going to go to Center Parcs but DLP actually worked out cheaper for us as we booked in the sale.

We went to Center Parcs in February this year and spent the same amount of money there as we did at DLP for the same period of time. CP has really put it's prices up as we used to go a few times a year but just can't afford it anymore.

You never know, you may find a really good deal that works out cheaper.

I agree about the expense. Not sure about the strength of the Euro to the pound next year. It is up to about 1-17 at the moment and is on a slight upward trend and has been for a few months. I'm really hoping the pound puts in a bit of effort just before July next year (1-50 anyone?).

We have normally stay at the DLH but due to the twins now being over 3 years old we need a family room. The price of a family room at DLH is considerable so we have opted for the NPB. We are lucky to be having a 2-week trip to WDW as a gift in 2 years time, but after that I have no idea when we will next be able to afford a decent trip to DLP.

I really need to win the Lottery, otherwise it will be another 3 years time and what if the kids want a different kind of holiday. My kids would be 12, 9 and 9. I guess they would still be into Disney.

Which Center Parcs are you heading to? I used to work there and loved it. I have worked at all 5 of them within the UK (They are opening a 6th which I haven't seen yet), but if you need any advice, let me know.

Thank you! I've also been to all 5 and love them but Sherwood Forest is by far my favourite.
My partner came with me and my family last year and totally fell in ove with it so we decided to go back to SF.
I've been emailing them a few times regarding some things but they never get back to me so is it ok if I pm you with a few questions? :goodvibes

Thanks everyone, I will definately be sticking around as I'd be lost without this forum lol.

CP comes in about £500 cheaper and to be honest, I love the thought of either places for our birthday so Im happy going to Center Parcs next year and then hopfully finding a few deals for maybe the year after.

It just seems weird that my next holiday I'll be packing thermals and gloves whereas our next holiday, we were supposed to be buying shorts and sunglasses lol :cool2: Ill be coming back with a cold, not a suntan :sick:

If I'm not on here as much as I used to be, I know its a little early but I hope everyone has a fantastic and special christmas. :santa:

Like I said earlier, I'm still doing the christmas cards + the extra one I've just been given so getting excited now.

Also, hope everyone has a lovely holiday next time you go x

:cutie:

Thank you! I've also been to all 5 and love them but Sherwood Forest is by far my favourite.
My partner came with me and my family last year and totally fell in ove with it so we decided to go back to SF.
I've been emailing them a few times regarding some things but they never get back to me so is it ok if I pm you with a few questions? :goodvibes

PM me by all means. I used to work at the one in Elveden Forest, but have worked at Sherwood when they needed the manpower as well. I'll do what I can to help

It's a shame that you won't make it to DLP, but I'm sure that you'll have a great time at Center Parcs.

We're the opposite to you, we looked at going to Center Parcs next year, but it worked out too expensive for us. We are tied to school holidays though. Instead we are going to get Annual Passes for DLP, stay off site and either drive getting our Eurotunnel tickets with Tesco points or Eurostar tickets with Airmiles. This way we can do several trips.

As for the Euro, no-one can forecast what it will be next year so that's just a risk that we have to take.

The good news today is that the Euro is at 1.21 against the Pound and still on an upward trend. It has not been that high for about 12 months (I think). Hope it continues in that direction for this July. 1.50 anyone?

Hopefully, making a trip to DLP will be that bit more affordable for a lot of people who are holding back.

Aw this is sad :( But I'm sure you're doing the right thing, you know what you can & can't afford xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter