This is the trip that never ends! Yes it goes on and on my friends.. 10 days o' pics!

Sarilas

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.
For your Quick Link pleasure:

Back from the beyond!
Day 1 - Off to find our resort!
Day 1 - A room of our own!
Day 1 - You're going WHERE?!
Day 2 - Animal Kingdom, here we come! Pt. 1
Day 2 - Animal Kingdom, here we come! Pt. 2
Day 2 - What is this ride exactly? And way to go, Mom!
Day 2 - How to soothe the savage 3 year old.
Day 2 - Seriously?!
Day 2 - DeVine!
Day 2 - The hunt for Rafiki.
Day 2 - Are you eyeballin' me?!
Day 2 - A brisk walk and Downtown Disney.
Day 2 - I see Tinkerbell!
Day 3 - FINALLY, the castle!
Souvenirs thus far!
Day 3 - There's a show?
Day 3 - There's a show? (Cont'd)
Day 3 - Is that you, Fairy Godmother?
Day 3 - Will she sit in it?
Day 3 - Let's go see the singing dolls! (part 1)
Day 3 - Let's go see the singing dolls! (part 2)
Day 3 - My favorite ride!
Day 3 - Tomorrowland is here!
Day 3 - My childhood favorite!
Day 3 - Well you look mighty familiar!
Day 3 - Nightime fun at Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - New frontiers and wishes
Day 3 - New frontiers and wishes, continued
Day 4 - Epcot Character Spot
Day 4 - SO not cool.
Day 4 - Time to view the World! part 1
Day 4 - Time to view the World! part 2
Day 4 - Is this ever going to stop? part 1
Day 4 - Is this ever going to stop? part 2

party: Welcome to my FIRST EVER Trip Report! party:

Here's a little rundown for those who haven't followed along on my extensive PTR (found here): My family and I had never been to Disney World before, and started planning this trip early last summer after the one year anniversary of my Mom's passing. We were all very tired from what 2007 had brought us and decided Disney World was just the ray of light we needed to get out of the funk we were in. I grew up going to Disneyland and my oldest two children had gone with me only once, but the other half of our clan had no clue what to expect. I was clued into the DIS boards by friends who I KNOW ARE STILL HERE BUT LURK, LURK, LURK! (Hi, girls!) -I honestly don't know what kind of trip we'd have ended up with without a board like this one and the information it holds.

The date of our trip and resort of choice changed many (many) times, but we finally settled on January 30 through February 8th, 2009 at Port Orleans Riverside.

The cast of characters were...

Myself and my husband
LaraandJosesmall.jpg

Our son Kyle
Kyle-small.jpg

Our daughters Tatiana...
Tatiana-small.jpg

And Anastasia
Stasia-small.jpg

And Alexandra!
Lexi-small.jpg

I'm in the process of uploading, resizing and converting the 3,100 pictures I took over the ten days were were in Disney World, not to mention the 300+ PhotoPass pics taken by the good folks on site, so please bear with me if the beginning is a little slow going. There's a DIS meet (hi, GeminiAngel!), a DIS bus ride (hi, SoldiersMom!), pics of the new treehouse villas taken from the river during the day and at night (awesome) and much, much more.

Here is what you'll be reading about:

January 30 - Our arrival at POR and Downtown Disney
January 31 - Animal Kingdom... and Downtown Disney!
February 1 - Magic Kingdom
February 2 - Epcot
February 3 - DHS
February 4 - Magic Kingdom
February 5 - Epcot
February 6 - Magic Kingdom
February 7 - Epcot
February 8 - Animal Kingdom and our journey home.

Thanks for reading this far and I hope you enjoy the journey with me!

Hurray!

And now I really am going to go back to working on pictures. It's a full time job at this point!

I'll start reading soon. I have a crushing headache. Think I'm dehydrated.

Oh no- I'll bet you're right. I started drinking vitamin water and such at the end of our trip becase I was so dehydrated. Next time, more fluids that don't include glow cubes and straws for me... ;)

Hey, Lara! :yay: Happy to be checking in for your trip report. :goodvibes

Hey sweetie, I'm here---take your time with the pictures......that is a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!! You're title is so cute! looking forward to reading!

Sounds like great fun! Can I join too??

Looking forward to your trip, big time! See you soon,

I'm here and ready to hear all about it!! Boy do I know about the organizing of pictures...holy moly I had 2300 and it was just me LOL!!! So take your time I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!

Hello! I'm new here. I'm joining in your report. I can't wait to hear about it. I love Port Orleans Riverside. Your family is adorable and your sons eyes are an awesome blue in that photo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter