This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasup y'all,

What do you think of the new pictures on the first page? Check 'em out, and let me know.

I'm working on putting more and more stuff up here while I'm supposed to stay home and keep the athletic activity at a minimum, so expect to see some more photos pop up here soon. I'm also working on getting a user-friendly page ready with <b>floor plans of Yacht and Beach Club guestrooms and suites</b>, directly from Walt Disney World.

I'll try not to live up to my partial reputation as the eternal procrastinator and get on the ball...er...scanner...with the floor plans. In the meantime...

<b>Cali</b>, there's a pic of a room up on the first page. Unfortunately, it transferred <b>really dark</b>... the bedspreads are a lot lighter than that. I might get a couple more pics up today, though. :) As for a room request, do what I recommended in the room requests section. I don't think you'll have too much of a problem.

JC

hi joe, love this thread! i was wondering if any of the standard beach club rooms have more square footage. any info u could give would be appreciated.

Hey J4J,

There are some bigger standard view Beach Club rooms...check the floor plans, which I have links to on the first page. They would be marked in green, and they are indicated:

4726 roof & loading dock view
4648 driveway & construction view
4606 construction view

3726 roof & loading dock view
3648 driveway & construction view
3606 construction view
3532 forest & lawn viewm far from elevators but close to epcot

2648 driveway & construction view
2606 construction view
2532 forest & lawn view, far from elevators but close to epcot

1606 lawn & construction view
1532 forest & lawn view, far from elevators but close to epcot

JC

hey joe, thanks for the response. can u also tell me what it is like being on the first floor, and would u suggest requesting that? we will be staying at the BC with 2 small children and would like a standard room that would be convenient to everything (if thats possible) we would like to be close to pool, restaurants, etc. without having a really long walk after the parks. i already requested to be near the elevators. thanks, and once again, i LOVE this thread!!!

hey joe,

i saw on the first page about the refillable mugs...you said they have alcoholic ones??...are the refills free on those also??...what kind of drinks can you get??...beer??...or tropical drinks??...

thanks for all the info...

Paul

We are staying at the Yacht Club July 12th - 22nd and have reservations for one evening for my 8 and 9 year old to go to the Sandcastle Club. Im a little nervouse. Does anyone have any information that would set my mind at ease.

Hi Joe Cool,

I have some questions regarding the room you stayed in Jan 2001 (#4163).

That was a corner waterview room. Was it concierge level or regular? Also, did it have a daybed in it? I love the idea of having two big windows in the room so I'd really love to get a corner room somewhere.

And...do you have any more pics of the room and the interior of the hotel itself? Your help is appreciated!!

Nick

Thanks Joe!

Are there any of those corner rooms with two queens and a daybed (either standard or water view)?

Hi Joe Cool,

I have some questions regarding the room you stayed in Jan 2001 (#4163).

That was a corner waterview room. Was it concierge level or regular? Also, did it have a daybed in it? I love the idea of having two big windows in the room so I'd really love to get a corner room somewhere.

And...do you have any more pics of the room and the interior of the hotel itself? Your help is appreciated!!

Nick

Scott, the Sandcastle Club is EXCELLENT, my 7 yo DD has been there many, many times and it is one of the highlights of her trips. Your kids will have a blast! :D

Just thought I would let you all know that you have convinced me to switch my ressies from CBR to the BC. Everything looks wonderful. I only hope I can get a good rate for April. Throw some pixie dust my way.
Lots of great info on this thread!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Hope

Hola amigos,

<b>Justhope</b>, that's great to hear! The Beach Club is much nicer and more convenient for you than the Caribbean Beach...it's definitely worth the extra money. I'm hoping everything goes alright with your room and your trip! Have a great time.

<b>MasterNick</b>, our room was on the fourth floor, so it wasn't on the concierge level. We didn't have a daybed, but then again we didn't need one. There was a blue easy chair that we put clothes on in the corner by the other window.

I <i>do</i> have a few extra pics of the room. However, I am missing one out of the 3 disks of digital pics from the trip...I think I know where I put it, but it won't be too soon before the rest of my Yacht Club pics are up. Most of the other pics of the resort I took of architectural details (close-ups of balconies, trims, etc., views that no one else in their right mind would think of taking...*lol*), but there are plenty of pics of the resorts floating around online. Thumb through the link section for more pictures...and BTW, Misti and Mikamouse have HUGE photopoint albums of pics from these hotels. I want to make links to those albums...when I find them out. *laughs*

<b>Cali</b>, I'm sure there are some water view corner rooms with a daybed. I saw one in one of those WDW informational videos. Call them for details, if you want. I'll try to find out, though, if I get time.

<b>copper68</b>, I updated the entire first page. Check under the refillable mugs section for info.

<b>J4J</b>, eh...I...wouldn't recommend the first floor. The rooms are really convenient, but the ones near the elevator are also in the busiest section of the resort. I have no clue why Bob Stern put rooms there, but you'll have noise from people going shopping, people walking to the elevators, people walking outside, the boats, EPCOT fireworks and Tapestry of Nations music (at the BC at least...), weddings, etc. Second floor is just as convenient because at both resorts, you can just walk up the grand staircases or take the elevator one flight up. Also...you're gonna be in Florida. Even though Disney uses more bug spray than the entire state of Alaska ( :rolleyes: ), there's always the possibility of something finding its way into your room...

OK, that's it for now. Don't forget to check out my updated first page...what do y'all think of the new pics? Anything I left out that you want to see?

AND DONT FORGET TO GIVE THIS POST 5 STARS!!!!!
*lol*...we only have 37 votes...

JC

Myself and 1 other person have asked questions about the refilable alcoholic mugs on here and yet recieved no answer. :( What's the deal? If you don't know, please say so we aren't left hanging.

Thanks.

While looking over your info, I scrolled down to the pic of the Guest Room, and my 4 yr old son yelled"Mommy, that's our room!!!"-low and behold, it was room 4163, which we were in 6/10-6/16/01. It was great.....roomy, the view was wonderful and we especially enjoyed being out of the way, in a corner, no hallway traffic! YC is, and has always been, our favorite WDW Resort.

I'll quote myself.

The Yacht & Beach Club offer refillable mugs for $7.75 each, refill them at Hurricane Hanna's FREE, as many times as you want during your stay! These are for non-alcoholic beverages only. Refills are <i>not</i> free for alcoholic beverages, which kind of makes sense.

That's from the refillable mug section on the <b>updated</b> first page.

I am trying to stick as much up-front information on to that first page as I can. After reading the other FAQ threads, I am going to add more information:

<b>Room Discount Breakdowns</b>
<b>Child Care</b>
<b>Guest Room & Suite Floor Plans</b>

That all is going to take a little time. Watch here for an update by me.

JC

Hi Joe-

I read that at the beginning of the thread already a couple of days ago, but I guess it was not updated yet. Do you know how much the refills cost?

Thanks! I do find this to be a very helpful thread and appreciate all of the effort that was put into it! :)

Umm...I guess the refill is however much the drink you want is. I remember they had alcoholic beverages at the Dolphin Concierge back in '97, but I don't know if they do that anymore. I don't think there's a flat refill rate for alcoholic drinks, though. They probably do this to discourage possible excessive use of alcohol on property...you know.

JC

Don't forget to give this thread a 5 star rating! Or give me any advice you might have to continue improving!

Thanks Joe for putting more pictures up on the thread (w/o doing any clicks)!! How 'bout more BC pictures?!!
:bounce:

I made my requests! Daybed and Garden View. Anything else I should be aware of other than what is in your Q&A Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter