This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told all rooms on the 3rd floor are non-smoking.

RobinLyn :)

Good Morning! I have completed the Concierge questionaire and mailed it in. It has all our room requests. Should I also fax or call our requests within 3 days of our arrival or is this overkill? I wrote a nice letter, even included a family picture and was wondering if the extra request is necessary? Thanks for your help! Cliff

:wave: :sunny: :wave:

I just booked at Waterview Concierge Room at the YC for 2 nights in August before our Poly stay. Can anyone suggest a good room with a nice view and a Balcony? We haven't stay at the YC or BC before so I have no idea.

Thanks!

Just got back from the Yacht Club and wanted to do a little mini-review for the FAQ that helped me out so much with my planning :)

We had booked a standard room but were upgraded at the desk to concierge :) Needless to say we were VERY happy. We had room 5180 which is in the very front of the resort. We had the huge balcony which we shared with 3 other rooms. The room was a connecting room and we did hear our neighbors frequently but we didn't let it bother us. The concierge staff was wonderful and even knew our names after the first day. Considering we were last minute guests they did an excellent job and treated us like we were the 2 most important people on the face of the earth. The lounge was lovely and the food was delicious. We especially enjoyed all of the free cokes and sprites. We loved wearing the robes and having the turn down service. Overall we had a wonderful time at the Yacht Club and would recommend it to anyone looking for some true luxury :)

I just read the post about wearing the robes, and it made me think of a question. Since we have three adults in our concierge room (my daughter is 20), will we get three robes? Do they give kid robes to families with kids?

DisneyaHolic23 -

Well since your daughter is over 17 and has to pay the extra $25 a night then they should realize that there is more than 2 adults in the room. But if for some reason you don't have enough robes or the wrong sizes I am sure that they will correct it as soon as you notify them. The Yacht Club concierge and housekeeping staff are first rate :)

Does anyone know if the Rehab at YC will have anything to do with storm-along- bay? I'm wondering if they are considering putting in a zero -entry section.

Autumn

Originally posted by autumnblue
Does anyone know if the Rehab at YC will have anything to do with storm-along- bay? I'm wondering if they are considering putting in a zero -entry section.
Autumn

the re-hab is only scheduled for the rooms, concierge lounge and some of the other public areas of the BC/YC

I see a lot of people discussing the Concierge level floors. We did the Concierge at the Boardwalk in 1997, but since we were on the Honeymon Grand Plan, most of the perks seemed included anyway.
We stayed at the Yacht Club in 2000, an opted for a regular room and the Resort Magic Plan, mostly because we had a two-year old with us.
We're returning this October, 2002 with our four-year old on the Grand Plan. Is it necessary to go Concierge? We get the personal planner and all that stuff anyway, including all meals and room service.
Also, has anyone done Dolphins in Depth? I'm a little leary of putting on a wetsuit!

:rolleyes:

I have done Dolphins in Depth, if you want to ask some questions, fire away. I do believe that the program has been temporarily stopped due to the death of one of the dolphins. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a thread about it on another board.

Erika

I tried to scan through all the pages for this question. My eyes got tired so it may have already been asked. We are looking forward to our stay at YC concierge in August. I was wondering if anyone knows rooms on the 5th floor are smoking v non-smoking?
Thanks! This is a great thread!

We stayed in room 5161 in Dec. and it's a smoking room. We were told that the rooms on the 5th floor closest to the Swan/Dolphin side of the building are the smoking rooms.

In response to a previous question, staying on the concierge level with the Grand Plan is kind of a waste. We were upgraded to concierge by the hotel when we had purchased the Grand Plan. With all of the meals paid for, we didn't use the lounge at all except for a glass of wine before we left for dinner. There is only so much one family can eat, and as for the service we received, we were glad we had not paid for concierge.

Does anyone know what happend to Joe? The guy that started this thread? i noticed that it says vacancy above his icon what does that mean?

Well Joe is a very busy young man.

He'll be entering Penn State as a Freshman this year, so he may be getting things ready to head off to college. Also, he was on a Disney Cruise with his family not too long ago.

Elgerber,

I noticed in an earlier post you stated you stayed in room 1557 (Deluxe) I am dying to know what the view was like in this room. Can you see the lake? I was wondering if this would be a good room to request or maybe a higher floor? Please describe the view for me.

GO PENN STATE~~ WHOO WHOO!!! I will be graduating next May, getting commissioned in the Air Force the day before graduation, and then getting married the following weekend..and then off to Disney for 10 days.. :) Cant wait! Ok..so we booked at the Poly, and now I think we want to try and switch to the YC..is there anyone who has stayed at both and can convince me that the YC is just an all around better place to stay? Thanks so much!! :)

MineeBaby,
Congratulations on your graduation! I can't think of any better way to celebrate than 10 days in WDW! I have stayed at both Poly and YC and prefer the YC simply because Epcot and MGM Studios are my favorite parks, and I'm not a big fan of the Magic Kingdom. Both are walking distance or short boat ride away from the YC. I also love the fact that you are guaranteed a full balcony at the YC which is a major plus for me also, not to mention the best swimming complex in all WDW. Beaches and Creme is also my favorite eating place and I LOVE the fitness center. I do prefer the theme at POLY better , but the location of YC can't be beat.

I'd say September definitely. (After Labor Day Weekend) The schools are back in session, and statiscally It's one of the lowest attendance months of the year. February is not too bad either, as long as you avoid President's Day Weekends (statiscally one of the highest attendance times). I would think that the weather will be better in September as well. You can find historical attendance patterns at www.wdwig.com

Have stayed at the Yacht Club every May, September and New Years for the last 6 years or so. We love the yacht club and have just bought in to the Beach Club on our last trip down. The View that you would like best is what they call the post card view. I am really bad with room numbers but they always gave us our favorite room each time we arrived. The staff at the Yacht Club have always been the best to us. They remember our names and welcome us back each and every trip. They also send a little basket to our room along with a personalized photo of Mickey welcoming us back. This sort of attention to detail has been given to us as regular guests. Not just concierge or grand plan. We have not stayed on the grand plan since our daughter is grown and have not felt the need for concierge as the staff at the Yacht Club have always treated us as VIP's. They will always be our very favorite cast members as they have always exceeded our expectations. So if you have the opportunity to stay there keep in mind it is difficult to stay other places once you have had the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter