• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is the last trip the 4 of us ever take to WDW. Nov 2-12 *FinalUpdate 3/19* Pg.59

I'll come get them anytime! cool she got lots of AG stuff, sure she's having fun with all the outfit changes!
She got an AG daybed, bathing suit, PJs, and some other stuff. UGH! :rotfl:

BTW we might be up in the Boston area this summer visiting the Gengel family and other DIS friends up in that area, how close are you all????
We are about 2 hours from Boston. Could work for us to take a day trip... :scratchin

I'm a little late (sorry...finished up my TR except for my recap and am just getting caught up on everyone else's).

These were some great updates.

I love how Christopher saw something up in the tree and was letting you all know it.

Sorry you missed Flame Tree again (we're going to miss it in August too with our current plans...but maybe we can do it in December :idea: We've never done Yak & Yeti's QS; how is it?

I definitely don't think from that photo that Juliana will be doing Dinosaur again anytime soon.

She got an AG daybed, bathing suit, PJs, and some other stuff. UGH! :rotfl:

We are about 2 hours from Boston. Could work for us to take a day trip... :scratchin

boy that's a nice haul of AG goodies!
cool, will keep you updated with plans then!

funny about you, beer and the stroller :rotfl2: guess it was good you hung onto it, spilling it all over the stroller and Christopher would have a lot of explaining to Mel :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Now that Christopher was sleeping, I thought it was a good time to hit up a ride or two. We crossed the park and headed for Dinosaur. My mom had never been on it and I was able to talk Juliana into riding it too. Hopefully that wouldn't be a mistake!

Methinks yes, it'll be a mistake.

We got on the ride and I think we made it about a minute in before Juliana stuck her head into my arm for the duration of the ride.

She didn't find it too amusing. I don't think she will be riding on it again anytime soon.

I knew it!

I had to figure out what to do with my 'free' time. First order of business grab a beer. It is hard to drive a stroller, drink a beer, and take pictures at the same time but I managed to get a few.

Got a few what...beers? Well, all right.

I got a text from the girls saying they were done with the show. I started to walk back to Nemo and passed where I wanted to grab a little lunch.

I waited outside of Nemo for the girls and I couldn't find them. I called Melody and they were in front of EE. As I walked over to them, Christopher woke up. He had close to a 2 hour nap and he really needed it. Juliana was getting hungry and we were close to Yak & Yeti CS so we just went there. My BBQ would have to wait for another day.

I still have never eaten there either. Oh well.

I love that trail up close to the Tree of Life. :thumbsup2

I'm a little late (sorry...finished up my TR except for my recap and am just getting caught up on everyone else's).
Other people write TRs? I thought I was the only one. :lmao::lmao:

I have a lot of catching up to do too. popcorn::

These were some great updates.
Why thank you. :goodvibes

I love how Christopher saw something up in the tree and was letting you all know it.
He is very observant. We have airplane and helicopters that fly over the house all the time and he usually is the one that hears them first. :rotfl:

Sorry you missed Flame Tree again (we're going to miss it in August too with our current plans...but maybe we can do it in December :idea: We've never done Yak & Yeti's QS; how is it?
I've always had the honey chicken and I love it. The portions are a good size too. The pork egg rolls are really good. I think Melody has had the sweet and sour chicken before and liked it too. I think this is the 3rd time we've eaten there.

I definitely don't think from that photo that Juliana will be doing Dinosaur again anytime soon.
Ummm... nope. :lmao:

boy that's a nice haul of AG goodies!
cool, will keep you updated with plans then!
Sounds good!

funny about you, beer and the stroller :rotfl2: guess it was good you hung onto it, spilling it all over the stroller and Christopher would have a lot of explaining to Mel :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Well, it wouldn't of have been the first time I had to explain that. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Methinks yes, it'll be a mistake.

I knew it!
Wow... are you Glenadamus!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

Got a few what...beers? Well, all right.
ummm... who? me? :confused3

I still have never eaten there either. Oh well.
You NEED to get there. ::yes::

I love that trail up close to the Tree of Life. :thumbsup2
I remembered the trail from your TR... that is what gave me the idea to go there. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Other people write TRs? I thought I was the only one. :lmao::lmao:

I have a lot of catching up to do too. popcorn::

Sounds good!

Well, it wouldn't of have been the first time I had to explain that. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

yes Tim, there is a WHOLE section of TR threads here on the DIS :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

thanks for stopping by my TR :goodvibes

hope it will all work out so we can finally meet! and maybe even the new little one will be here by then too :goodvibes

no comment :rolleyes1 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

yes Tim, there is a WHOLE section of TR threads here on the DIS :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

hope it will all work out so we can finally meet! and maybe even the new little one will be here by then too :goodvibes

Yes, thanks for FINALLY stopping by mine too. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

There are a bunch that I sub too as well and have been MIA for. :scared:

No problem... loved your updates. :goodvibes

we'll see.. it didn't work out last time. :sad2:

;)

Yes, thanks for FINALLY stopping by mine too. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
No problem... Now I have a list of more TRs to read and another one of mine to update. :headache:

Poor Ana on Dinosaur. I won't go on that so she got further than me :thumbsup2

The FOTLK was about to start. We made it there with 2 minutes to spare.

Yikes! Cutting that one awfully close.

I wasn't able to get many good pictures. I was holding Christopher and he was losing it. We tried his water, a snack, toys, and even his pacifier- with no luck. We was crying and didn't want to be held. It was an all out meltdown.

Quiet, or I'm putting you in the rhino pen.

We crossed the park and headed for Dinosaur. My mom had never been on it and I was able to talk Juliana into riding it too. Hopefully that wouldn't be a mistake!

Um...yeah. About that...

She didn't find it too amusing. I don't think she will be riding on it again anytime soon.

My kids are all older than her and none of them have dared ride it yet!:scared1:

I had to figure out what to do with my 'free' time. First order of business grab a beer. It is hard to drive a stroller, drink a beer, and take pictures at the same time but I managed to get a few.

We appreciate the hard work and sacrifice you put into such an ordeal.:rotfl2:

I wasn't too hungry after eating a huge breakfast at the Tusker House but I've skipped Flame Tree the last few times we've been in AK.

:eek: Sacrilege!

My BBQ would have to wait for another day.

No! BBQ waits for no man!

My mom wasn't too hungry, so she did as any adult would do- eat ice cream.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

There are a bunch that I sub too as well and have been MIA for. :scared:

:rolleyes1

No problem... loved your updates. :goodvibes

:goodvibes

we'll see.. it didn't work out last time. :sad2:

hope it will work out :yay:

;)

No problem... Now I have a list of more TRs to read and another one of mine to update. :headache:

better get to reading Mr. Tim :thumbsup2

After our quick stop for lunch we only had a little more time in AK and I had not even rode the best ride in AK. Expedition Everest. Leaving the Y&Y seating area, they had a bhangra dance party going on....

DSC05581_zps7270f3e4.jpg

We made the short walk back to EE.

DSC05582_zpsab98b8cc.jpg

I asked Juliana if she wanted to ride with me but after her traumatic experience on Dinosaur, she was going to sit this one out. I walked over to the single rider line which had a 10 minute posted wait.

DSC05583_zps89739570.jpg

DSC05584_zpsd301f6d3.jpg

It was more like a 0 minute wait because I got right on the ride.

No dancing while on the ride!

DSC05585_zpsb692dba3.jpg

DSC05586_zps779c1605.jpg

Where do these tracks go? They go up!

DSC05587_zps004ff1ea.jpg

DSC05588_zps5d114a24.jpg

DSC05589_zps7ebee725.jpg

Great view!

DSC05590_zps8c2fc42a.jpg

Oh no!

DSC05591_zpsd981d251.jpg

We had a great ride.. the guy next to me looks a little petrified. He is holding on for his life!

DSC05592_zps9779c39b.jpg

I got off the ride and didn't even look for everyone. I got right back in line and walked right on again....

DSC05593_zpse4d7ab4c.jpg

Those kids in front of me aren't even scared. They should of gave the guy I was riding with the first time some pointers.

I got off and met up with the family. We made our way back over to Dinoland to hit up a few rides. Now that Christopher had his nap he was in a much better mood. Although, you couldn't tell that by the face he is making here.

DSC05594_zpse76f0812.jpg

We were ready to ride the dinosaur version of Dumbo.

DSC05596_zps10905c3f.jpg

DSC05597_zps3a52e44b.jpg

I wish there was a place in Dinoland that people could read the backstory and make it known why it is set up like that. I hated Dinoland until I knew the story.

DSC05600_zps8f8538d2.jpg

DSC05601_zps0f86b069.jpg

DSC05602_zpsfdbef7b9.jpg

It was getting close to parade time and we had a decision to make. Try to fit in seeing Pooh and friends or find a decent spot for the parade. I asked a CM how long the wait was to see Pooh and she said less than 10 minutes. We figured if that was true, we could do both the characters and the parade. We went for it. We walked down the path towards Pooh and saw there were only a few families in front of us. Sweet! Too bad when it was our turn to see Pooh, he had to get some honey and walked away from his spot. One by one each character went to eat. They eventually came back but it set us back a bit.

Christopher watched as Juliana went over and gave Pooh a huge hug.

Photo0634FourBySix_zpsad12ed51.jpg

He wasn't too sure what to make of Pooh. Christopher was a little shy but Pooh got down on his knees and Christopher walked closer to check him out.

Photo0635FourBySix_zpsdc103515.jpg

Then he went for the hug like his sister did.

Photo0637FourBySix_zpsc75e8e1a.jpg

Photo0641FourBySix_zps31d95ccf.jpg

The kids loved Eeyore...

Photo0656FourBySix_zps4ff87f0f.jpg

Christopher didn't get too close to Tigger. Maybe because he was so big. Juliana didn't let that bother her and got her autograph and big hug.

Photo0665FourBySix_zps6f61d7a3.jpg

Cont. In next post....

After seeing Tigger we walked back up the path towards Flame Tree. We could see the parade had already started. We found a high spot so the kids could see what was going on. We weren't close but it was an OK spot.

DSC05612_zps8fd8e28d.jpg

DSC05613_zps78315644.jpg

DSC05616_zpscb849baf.jpg

DSC05618_zps68533f28.jpg

DSC05620_zps2cb56093.jpg

One good thing about our spot was no one was blocking us and no one was fighting to get in front of us. While the parade was going on, Juliana kept spraying Christopher with a mist from a spray bottle.

DSC05621_zps7c473f6d.jpg

Mickey did see us all the way in the back and waved to us!

DSC05623_zps2ac8164e.jpg

It was a fun parade. As the masses headed toward the exit, my mom, Melody, and Juliana went to see It's Tough To Be A Bug. I volunteered to stay back with Christopher. There was no way I was bringing him in there. I remember taking Juliana in there when she was 2. She screamed her head off. Christopher and I did some more sightseeing and looked for some more animals.

DSC05624_zps99da408a.jpg

DUCK!

DSC05628_zpse10e306e.jpg

What do you think of it Christopher?

DSC05629_zps3c39b14b.jpg

Photo0670FourBySix_zps21a31222.jpg

The girls met back with us and it was time to leave. We had an ADR at AKL for dinner. We weren't in a rush so we stopped for a few more pics on the way out.

Photo0689FourBySix_zps423408b8.jpg

I think the photopass photographer was trying to get Melody to stand in Juliana's hand. But she did have the punch working on that unsuspecting boy.

Photo0691FourBySix_zps1d280d96.jpg

And outside... I love this picture of Juliana.

Photo0694FourBySix_zps64e2c11e.jpg

Photo0699FourBySix_zps2d85b16b.jpg

We walked over to the car and took the short drive over to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Up next... dinner and someone goes AWOL!

I love EE's single rider line. But now this is one of Claire's favorite rides, so I can't use it with her anymore. That guy next to you is pretty funny. Though I might have a few dumb looking pictures of myself too, so I can't really make fun of him. :flower3:

That picture of Juliana trying to hold me is pretty cool though.

Was your parade the normal version? We had the Christmas one and I think it might've been the first day of it. I was shocked, as I had heard it wouldn't start till later Nov.

Poor Ana on Dinosaur. I won't go on that so she got further than me :thumbsup2
LOL.. you can do what she did. Go on and just shut your eyes. :rotfl:

Yikes! Cutting that one awfully close.
Aaah. It was just perfect planning. :goodvibes

Quiet, or I'm putting you in the rhino pen.
Yikes!

Um...yeah. About that...

My kids are all older than her and none of them have dared ride it yet!:scared1:
Are you scared to ride it too? :rotfl:

We appreciate the hard work and sacrifice you put into such an ordeal.:rotfl2:
What can I say? Sometimes you have to take one for the team. :rotfl:

:eek: Sacrilege!

No! BBQ waits for no man!
I hope my man card doesn't get revoked. :scared:

better get to reading Mr. Tim :thumbsup2
I know... I need like 30 hours in a day though. :coffee:

I love EE's single rider line. But now this is one of Claire's favorite rides, so I can't use it with her anymore. That guy next to you is pretty funny. Though I might have a few dumb looking pictures of myself too, so I can't really make fun of him. :flower3:
When she gets a little older I'm sure you can just sit separate from her if the standby line is too long.

Feel free to post your EE pics here so your TR readers can't find them. :rotfl:

That picture of Juliana trying to hold mel is pretty cool though.

Was your parade the normal version? We had the Christmas one and I think it might've been the first day of it. I was shocked, as I had heard it wouldn't start till later Nov.
We had the normal parade. I found out while we were there the Christmas one was starting either the day after we were in AK or 2 days after.. I forget. :blush:

love your photos on EE! you crack me up! that first guy doesn't look to happy...we LOVE EE, we did 6 rides in one day on our last trip , going for 7 this time :thumbsup2

After seeing Tigger we walked back up the path towards Flame Tree. We could see the parade had already started. We found a high spot so the kids could see what was going on. We weren't close but it was an OK spot.

DSC05612_zps8fd8e28d.jpg

DSC05613_zps78315644.jpg

DSC05616_zpscb849baf.jpg

DSC05618_zps68533f28.jpg

DSC05620_zps2cb56093.jpg

nice view of the parade!

One good thing about our spot was no one was blocking us and no one was fighting to get in front of us. While the parade was going on, Juliana kept spraying Christopher with a mist from a spray bottle.

DSC05621_zps7c473f6d.jpg

Mickey did see us all the way in the back and waved to us!

that was nice of him!

DSC05623_zps2ac8164e.jpg

It was a fun parade. As the masses headed toward the exit, my mom, Melody, and Juliana went to see It's Tough To Be A Bug. I volunteered to stay back with Christopher. There was no way I was bringing him in there. I remember taking Juliana in there when she was 2. She screamed her head off. Christopher and I did some more sightseeing and looked for some more animals.

DSC05624_zps99da408a.jpg

DUCK!

DSC05628_zpse10e306e.jpg

What do you think of it Christopher?

this is one happy little man!!!

DSC05629_zps3c39b14b.jpg

Photo0670FourBySix_zps21a31222.jpg

The girls met back with us and it was time to leave. We had an ADR at AKL for dinner. We weren't in a rush so we stopped for a few more pics on the way out.

Photo0689FourBySix_zps423408b8.jpg

I think the photopass photographer was trying to get Melody to stand in Juliana's hand. But she did have the punch working on that unsuspecting boy.

Photo0691FourBySix_zps1d280d96.jpg

And outside... I love this picture of Juliana.

Photo0694FourBySix_zps64e2c11e.jpg

Photo0699FourBySix_zps2d85b16b.jpg

great PP pics! love the one of you and Christoper! :rotfl::rotfl: over the one with Mel and the boy, its priceless! and what a beautiful photo of Juliana with the balloons :goodvibes

We walked over to the car and took the short drive over to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Up next... dinner and someone goes AWOL!

AWOL ...who did you loose Tim :scared::confused3

Great pictures. I am not a huge fan of EE. Although, right before I went on it there was a car that broke down on the unsupported ramp connecting the mtns! The entire ride I was so afraid that was going to happen to us at any momoent I couldn't even be powered up about the ride itself. Maybe I will have to try it again.

Your sons smile could melt the coldest of hearts. He is so cute. And I love that your daughter loves the characters. She is beautiful... better look out Dad. My husband chose to picking up the extension phone while DD spoke with her new bf and said, "oh, sorry to interrupt, I'll just go clean my gun" :rotfl: :rolleyes1 not that he had one. :laughing:

Mickey waving must have brought a smile. Pretty cool he saw you all that far off. Great view too!

LOL.. you can do what she did. Go on and just shut your eyes. :rotfl:

I did that when I was little on Haunted Mansion and I fell asleep :littleangel: My parents wanted to go and I didn't (I was ten when I say little) so I put my head on my mothers knee to hide and actually fell asleep :rotfl: My dad rode all three mountains while I then slept on a bench under Splash Mountain :rotfl:

Luvin the new update btw. Christophers little scrunched up nose grin is the cutest and luvin all the magic shots with Juliana.

We had a great breakfast at Tusker House and just gotten off the safari when it was time to.... see more animals? Why not?
Well, what else are you going to do at AK?

We was crying and didn't want to be held. It was an all out meltdown. I had to take Christopher out of the show.
Worst kind of meltdown... and the worst time for one. :faint:

Way to go dad. :sad2:

I asked the girls if they wanted to watch the show while I kept the sleeping Christopher with me. My mom had never seen the Nemo show either. They agreed and went into the theatre... Just in the nick of time.
Well, that might make up for a little bit of the trauma you put Juliana through at Dinosaur.

I had to figure out what to do with my 'free' time. First order of business grab a beer.
Somehow, I knew this is what was going to happen. :drinking1

It is hard to drive a stroller, drink a beer, and take pictures at the same time but I managed to get a few.
No it isn't. That's why strollers have cupholders. :thumbsup2

I've skipped Flame Tree the last few times we've been in AK.
That is a mistake you don't need to repeat.

Juliana was getting hungry and we were close to Yak & Yeti CS so we just went there. My BBQ would have to wait for another day.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :sad:

I got off the ride and didn't even look for everyone. I got right back in line and walked right on again....
Well, I guess if they wouldn't let you go to Flame Tree, they at least owe you a second ride on EE.

Christopher and I did some more sightseeing and looked for some more animals.
I think you left something else out. :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter